Nestled between Dublin and Belfast and home to 50,000 people, Drogheda retains a lovely small-town atmosphere yet it's packed with things to see and do. Whether it's the world famous Newgrange passage tomb, or Ireland's largest theme park, Drogheda has something for everyone. Located less than an hour from Dublin in the beautiful Boyne Valley, Drogheda is the perfect destination for students of all ages.
It is located in a beautiful old warehouse building on the waterfront just 5 minutes-walk from the main shopping and cultural areas.
ELI Drogheda is accredited by: ALTO
School facilities include:
- 25 bright, large, comfortable classrooms
- Computer area
- Free WiFi
- Café and student lounge with games area
- Self-access library
The ELI Summer school is a unique and fun way for younger students aged 10-17 to develop their fluency in English while learning new skills, building confidence and having fun in a safe small city.
- Irish Ambassadors: international students are joined on all activities by young Irish students from the local area helping them to practice English and have an authentic Irish experience
- Fresh lunches: students can order their fresh healthy homemade salads and sandwiches, fruit and water in the café.
- Private bus: safety is a primary concern so we supply private bus transfers to and from school and every activity.
- 15 lessons of General English (3 hours a day every morning from 10:00 to 13:00)
- 5 afternoon activities with the themes of sports, culture, drama, outdoors and creativity
- 3 evening events
- 1 full day tour exploring Ireland, outdoor adventure or an amusement park
English language courses: the basics:
- Lesson length: 60 minutes
- Class size: maximum 15 students
- Placement test: first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- CELTA-qualified native English teachers
Some of the many activities include:
- Sports: mini-Olympics, Basketball, Football, Irish sports...
- Culture: Historic Drogheda, Battle of the Boyne, Newgrange, Ardgillan Castle...
- Drama: Sketch Shows, Dance Workshop, Drama Workshop, Irish dance class...
- Outdoor: Walking tour, Kayaking, Laytown Beach, Beaulieu Woods, Nature Walk...
- Creative: Junk Yard Challenge, Egg Drop Challenge, Savenger Hunt, Minefield Challenge...
Evening: escape room, karaoke, Irish music, talent show, movie shows, quiz, bingo, Murder Mystery, Disco...
Weekend tours: Belfast, Galway, Giant's Causeway, Causey Farm, Tayto Park, Outdoor Adventure Park, Glendalough & Bray Airshow...
Below is a sample of timetable for 1 week:
Shared room, shared bathroom, full board
Travel time to school: about 20 minutes on foot or by private schoolbus
Dates & Prices 2020
Session duration: 1 to 6 weeks
This programme is available from 27/06 to 16/08. Arrival and departure are on Saturday or Sunday.
Includes all taxes and enrolment feesApply
|Lessons, activities and accommodation with a host family - shared room, half board|
|1 week||695 €|
|2 weeks||1,250 €|
|3 weeks||1,850 €|
|4 weeks||2,350 €|
|Extra week||600 €|
|Extra fees for airport transfers|
|Arrival between 22:00 and 7:00||25 €|
|Departure betwen 4:00 and 9:00||25 €|
- Lessons and activities as described
- Accommodation in a host family, shared room, full board
- Transfers from/to Dublin airport
- Private school bus transportation
- Supervision from school group leaders (1 per group of 15 students)
- All taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel from/to Ireland
- Optional insurances
Arrivals: Saturday or Sunday
Departures: Saturday or Sunday
- Dublin (DUB)
The airport transfer will be subject to an extra cost for arrivals between 22:00 and 7:00 and for departures between 4:00 and 9:30 (see Dates & Prices tab).
- Some airlines, such as Ryanair do not allow children under 16 years travelling unaccompanied by an adult and do not offer the service UM (Unaccompanied Minor). It is therefore important to check with the company chosen before booking.
- Do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course (around 4 days after payment has been made).
Documents to bring
- Valid ID card or passport
- Permission to travel for minors (not necessary with a passport), to be requested from local council.