Summer Course in Heidelberg
Heidelberg is a charming picturesque city located in the Neckar valley, north-west of Baden-Württemberg. Mostly known for its internationally reputable university, it has attracted numerous painters, poets and scientists over the years who have all contributed to the growth of the city.
It is now one of the most beautiful cities in Germany that attracts numerous German and foreign visitors to its famous castle and beautiful surroundings. The atmosphere in this student city is particularly lively in summer when people are able to make the most of the sun and sit on one of the many terraces in the historic centre and on the banks of the river Neckar.
Our partner school is located in the vibrant city centre, in the heart of the university district, 200 metres from the river banks and about 1.5km from the castle. The school is well connected by public transport. There are shops, restaurants and public services all nearby the school building.
Our school welcomes students all year round from over 50 different nationalities. All teachers are university qualified, offering students stimulating and creative activities enabling them to progress in various different areas of the language.
Accreditations: ISO 9001, registered exam centre for the TestDaF
- 70 high-tech classrooms (up to 85 available during the summer)
- 3 computer rooms equiped with 50 computers
- Free WiFi network
- A library
Activities & leisure
All activities take place in the afternoons and are supervised by the educational team of teachers and group leaders.
Examples of activities on offer:
- Sports activities: football, tennis, badminton, mini-golf, beach volleyball on the Neckar river banks
- Games in German
- Excursions: hiking, treasure hunts, visits to Heidelberg zoo and castle, picnics on the river banks, boat tour etc.
- Other activities: guided tour of the city, afternoon in a water park, cinema etc.
German lessons : general information
- Lesson duration: 45 minutes
- Maximum number of students per class: 10
- Daily schedule: morning lessons
- Asessment test: first day of course
- Certificate of completion at the end of the course
- Teachers are fully qualified and certified in teaching German as a foreign language.
Type of course
Standard Course: 20 General German lessons per week
The target of this course is to encourage young participants to speak German but also to improve their listening and conversation skills together with their reading and writing abilities.
Offered levels : beginners to intermediate (A1 to B1)
Homestay (German host family)
Private room, shared bathroom, full board
Travel time to school: host families are generally located within a residential area with a maximum travel time of 30 minutes to school by public transport.
Host families are carefully selected and checked by our partner school in order to ensure optimal selection criteria and to make sure they meet the required standards .
Full-board (3 meals a day) : breakfast and dinner are provided by host families while the school provides lunch from Monday to Friday. The host families provide full board during the weekend.
- Students are not allowed to go out in the evening
- Bed linen provided
- Students must bring their own bath towels
- Laundry: host families may ask a fee for the use of the washing machine.
Upon request, host families can escort students to school and pick them up in the afternoon when school finishes. In that case an extra cost wil be charged (see extra on the "Dates & Prices" tab).
Prices & Dates 2020
Start dates: every Sunday between July 07 and August 09.
Complete beginners must start their programme on the following days: July 05 and August 03.
Includes lessons, accommodation, meals as described, all taxes and enrolment feesBook now
|1 week||745 €|
|2 weeks||1,445 €|
|3 weeks||2,145 €|
|4 weeks||2,745 €|
|Optional transfer from / to Heidelberg railway station|
|Per trip||50 €|
|Optional transfer from / to Frankfurt airport (individual)|
|One way||195 €|
|Round trip||370 €|
|Optional transfer from / to Mannheim railway station|
|One way||95 €|
|Round trip||170 €|
|UM (Unaccompanied Minor) extra|
|Per trip||100 €|
|Extra for escorted commute between school and host family|
|Per week||210 €|
- Language course (20 lessons per week)
- Homestay full board accommodation
- Course materials and books
- Activity and excursions programme
- All school taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel to and from Heidelberg
- Arrival/departure transfers from airport/station
- Local "in and around" transport
- Extras (if any)
- Optional insurances
Arrival day: Sunday
Departure day: Saturday
Arrival/departure airport or stations:
- Frankfurt airport (FRA): 1 hour tavel (by shuttle bus)
- Heidelberg station
- Mannheim station
Possible transfer on request (at extra cost - see price list tab).
If you book Unaccompanied Minor (UM) flights, transfers will bear an extra cost (see "Dates & Prices" tab for details).
Important note: please do not make any travel arrangement before we have confirmed your booking (about 4 days after payment of the deposit).
For those who need a visa, please consult your local German embassy or the following website: www.auswaertiges-amt.de
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone or e-mail.