Located on the doorstep of the wild wetlands of Camargue, Montpellier is a gorgeous natural region stretching across the southwest coast of France. It's a haven of serenity, with an extremely relaxed atmosphere and beautifully preserved architecture. Founded in medieval times as a farm and birthplace of La Marseillaise, this once-sleepy university town - now home to 80 000 students which make up 30% of the population - will succeed in charming your senses, taste-buds and eyes in every possible way.
Montpellier is a thriving southern town a-buzz with cultural happenings, flavoursome southern cuisine and multicultural energy centered around the dazzling white-paved pedestrian expanse of the Place de la Comédie, crowned by the Opera House and the place for people-watching and enjoying one leisurely drink after another. Elsewhere in town, l'Ecusson district's underground electronica concerts, art house cinema and quirky boutiques will also keep you entertained.
Montpellier is a well-kept French secret, and only a hop, skip and a jump away from beautiful white sandy beaches. It's a fantastic place to make progress in French while experiencing authentic Languedoc culture.
Our Partner School
The summer camp takes place on the grounds of a French school, rented out by our partner school over the summer period. The school is located a 5-minute walk away from the charming City centre of Montpellier, and a 3-minute walk away from the adult school.
School facilities include:
- 12 bright, fully-equipped classrooms with video projectors
- Large playground for fun, safe play
- Canteen: students eat lunch at the canteen from Monday-Friday
French Language Course
20 French lessons per week
- Lesson length: 45 minutes (group lessons)
- Class size: Maximum 15 students per class
- Placement test: first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- Qualified native French teachers
- Language level: from beginner to avanced (A1, A2, B1, B2)
Activities and excursions during your stay
You will enjoy a varied calendar of social and leisure activities during your stay. Some of the many activities available include:
- Welcome Meeting
- Town Walk
- Beach volleyball and beach games
- Sports (basketball, football, tennis, volleyball)
- Workshops, Quizzes, Indoor Games, Video Night
- Farewell Evening (beach or disco)
- Theme Nights, Discos, Karaoké
- Indoor Swimming at the Montpellier olympic pool
- Film nights, bowling, laser tag
- Beach-volley and beach games, basketball, football, tennis, volleyball...
- Montpellier Olympic swimming pool
1-Day Excursions (Weekend)
- Grotte de Clamouse / Pont du diable
- Grotte des Demoiselles
- Avignon / Pont du Gard
- La Camargue
- St Guilhem-le-Désert
Typical day schedule: (given as an example and subject to potential changes)
Homestay (ages 11-16)
Shared room (different nationality student, same gender), shared bathroom, full board.
Students have breakfast and dinner at home with their host families and bring a packed lunch to school.
Travel time to school: up to 35 minutes by public transport, or a short walk on foot. Most families live near the summer camp premises, a short walk, bus or tram ride away.
Staying with a French host family does not only give students a great opportunity to discover the French way of life but also gives them additional opportunities to practice their French while sharing the meals with the family. Students should remember to respect the hosts' home and house rules.
Please note towels are not provided. Students should bring bath and beach towels.
*Single room, full board**
Distance to school: 15 minutes walk
Single bed studios, ensuite shower, toilet, washbasin, desk and wardrobe and kitchenette
Common room and Study room
- Bright and spacious patio with tables and chairs
- Please note towels are not provided - students should bring bath and beach towels
- Deposit to be paid upon arrival (see Dates & Prices tab), refunded at the end of your stay provided no damages are incurred
Our partner school's staff stay in the residence permanently which means students receive excellent supervision and welfare, and a curfew is applicable to students
Meals : breakfasts at the residence, lunches at the school (pizza, croque-monsieur, salad or sandwich) and dinners in local cafés and restaurants (main course and dessert)
Dates & Prices 2019
Minimum stay: 1 week. The course runs from the June 23 to August 17, 2019.
Bank Holidays: August 15, 2019 (no lessons will take place on this date. The normal programme of activities will still take place, however)
Please note that this programme is now fully booked for the whole month of July and is available only from August.
All taxes and enrolment fees includedBook now
|Lessons and Homestay or Residence accommodation|
|1 week||790 €|
|2 weeks||1,570 €|
|3 weeks||2,310 €|
|4 weeks||3,070 €|
|6 weeks||4,690 €|
|8 weeks||6,190 €|
|Extra night||55 €|
|Special diet (Vegan, Lactose or Gluten free, etc.) per week||50 €|
|Residence deposit (to be paid upon arrival)||50 €|
|Transfers - Round Trip|
|Price depending on place and time of arrival||Regular hours||Between 22.00 and 07.00|
|Montpellier railway station||90 €||120 €|
|Montpellier airport||100 €||130 €|
|Nîmes airport||270 €||355 €|
|Marseille aiport||490 €||635 €|
|UM (Unaccompanied Minor) transfer supplement||70 €||70 €|
|Homestay only: round trip transfer from Montpellier airport/railway station to accommodation included|
- French course (20 lessons per week)
- Your chosen accommodation
- Full board
- Course materials
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- Activity programme and excursions
- Airport pick-up and drop-off from Montpellier Airport, if homestay
- All taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Transport to and from Montpellier
- Transfers to residence accommodation
- Unaccompanied minor fee
- Visa fees
- Deposit (residence)
Arrivals: Sundays (students arriving after 6:00 p.m. should call ahead so someone can meet you and give you your room key)
- Arrival airports and stations: Montpellier, Marseille or Nîmes
Please note that if you have opted for residence accommodation, only airport transfers are available (on request, fees apply, see Dates & Prices 2018 tab). An additional fee may be charged for transfers between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
If you have opted for a homestay, airport or railway station transfers are included in the price of your stay. Your host family will pick you up and drop you off.
Please note: Do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course.
Students must return to their homestay after their afternoon and evening activities. When there are no evening activities, and on Sundays, students must stay with their host families.
Students must return to the residence after their afternoon and evening activities. On days where no activities are organised students can choose to stay at the residence or explore the city centre (mind the 11:00 p.m. curfew). Students staying at the residence will always have a member of staff with them when leaving the residence.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.