Located on the doorstep of the wild wetlands of Camargue, Montpellier is part of a gorgeous natural region stretching across the famous southern coast of France. It's a haven of serenity, with an extremely relaxed atmosphere and beautifully preserved architecture. Founded in medieval times, this once-sleepy university town - now home to 80 000 students which make up 30% of the population - will succeed in charming your senses, taste-buds and eyes in every possible way.
With 300 sunshine days a year, it is a well-kept French secret, and only a hop, skip and a jump away from beautiful white sandy beaches. It's a fantastic place to make progress in French while experiencing an authentic local culture.
The summer camp takes place on the grounds of a French school (Ecole St François Regis), rented out by our partner school over the summer period. The school is located about a 5-minute walk away from the historic City centre of Montpellier, and a 3-minute walk away from the adult school.
School facilities include:
- 12 bright, fully-equipped classrooms with video projectors.
- Large playground for fun and safe play.
- Canteen: students have their lunch at the canteen from Monday-Friday.
French Language Course
20 French lessons per week
- Lesson length: 45 minutes (group lessons)
- Class size: Maximum 15 students per class
- Placement test: first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of the stay
- Qualified native French teachers
- Language level: from complete beginner to avanced (A0, A1, A2, B1, B2)
Activities and excursions
Students enjoy a varied calendar of social, cultural, sports and leisure activities during their stay.
These afternoon and /or evening activities include:
Cultural and leisure activities:
- Welcome party
- Historic city centre walk
- Indoor video games
- Farewell Evening (beach or disco)
- Theme Nights, Discos, Karaoké
- Cinema, bowling, laser game
- Beach-volley and beach games, basketball, football, tennis, volleyball...
- Montpellier Olympic swimming pool
Full day excursions (upon weekends)
- Grotte de Clamouse / Pont du diable
- Grotte des Demoiselles
- Avignon / Pont du Gard
- La Camargue
- St Guilhem-le-Désert
Typical day schedule: (given as an example and subject to potential changes)
Homestay (ages 11-16 years)
Shared room (different nationality and mother tongue student, same gender), shared bathroom, full board.
Students have breakfast and dinner at home with their host families and bring a packed lunch to school.
Travel time to school: up to 25 minutes by public transport, or within a short walking distance.
All host families bring junior students to school and pick them up after the afternoon activities every day.
Staying with a French host family does not only give students a great opportunity to discover the French way of life but also gives them additional opportunities to practice their French while sharing the meals with the family. Students must respect their hosts' home rules.
Please note: towels are not provided. Students should bring bath and beach towels.
Residence (14-16 years)
Single room, full board
Distance to school: about 15 minutes walk
- Single bed studios, ensuite shower, toilet, washbasin, desk and wardrobe and kitchenette
- Common room and Study room
- Bright and spacious patio with tables and chairs
- Unlimited WIFI inside the residence
Please note: towels are not provided - students should bring bath and beach towels
7/24 supervision: school's staff stay within the residence permanently which means students receive excellent supervision and welfare. A curfew is applicable to students.
- Deposit to be paid upon arrival (see Dates & Prices tab), refunded at the end of the stay providing no damages are incurred
Meals: breakfasts at the residence, lunches at the school (pizza, croque-monsieur, salads or sandwich) and dinners in local cafés and restaurants (2 courses: main course and dessert)
Dates & Prices 2020
Minimum stay: 1 week.
The course runs from June 28 to August 22, 2020.
All taxes and enrolment fees includedBook now
|Lessons and full board accommodation|
|Special diet (Vegan, Lactose or Gluten free, etc.) per week||50|
|Residence deposit (to be paid upon arrival)||50|
|Transfers - Round Trip|
|Price depending on place and time of arrival||Regular hours||Between 22.00 and 07.00|
|Montpellier railway station (St-Roch)||90||120|
|Montpellier airport / Montpellier Railway Station Sud de France||100||130|
|UM (Unaccompanied Minor) transfer supplement||70||70|
|Homestay only: round trip transfer from Montpellier airport/railway station to accommodation included|
- French course (20 lessons per week)
- Residence or Homestay accommodation
- Full board
- Course materials
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- Activity programme and excursions
- Airport pick-up and drop-off from Montpellier Airport, for Homestay only
- All taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Transport to and from Montpellier
- Transfers to Residence accommodation
- Unaccompanied minor (UM) transfer fee
- Visa fee (if any)
- Security deposit (Residence only)
Arrivals: Sundays (students staying in Residence and arriving after 18:00 should call ahead so someone can meet them and give their room key)
Arrival airports or stations:
- Montpellier airport or St-Roch train station, Montpellier Sud de France train station, Marseille or Nîmes
If you have opted for Residence accommodation: only airport transfers are available on request (fees apply, see Dates & Prices 2020 tab). An additional fee will apply for transfers between 22:00 and 07:00.
If you have opted for Homestay accommodation: airport or railway station transfers are included in the price of your stay. Your host family will pick you up on arrival and drop you off upon departure.
Please note: do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course.
Permission to go out
Students must return home after their afternoon and evening activities. When there are no organised evening activities, and on Sundays, students must stay with their host families.
Students must return to the Residence after their afternoon and evening activities. On days where no activities are organised students can choose to stay at the Residence or explore the city centre no later than the 23:00 curfew. Students staying at the Residence will always have a member of the staff with them when leaving and coming back to the Residence.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.