Saint-Malo, the gateway to Brittany, has much to offer in its own right - ringed by ancient ramparts and towering imperiously over the sea, it cuts an imposing figure. The city's history is full of swashbuckling tales of pirates - some of them government-sanctioned with the aim of frightening away the English. Today, the city is a top destination for Europeans in France and its gorgeous scenery, including a historic citadelle, warm summer weather and lovely clean beaches draw the crowds in every year.
Our Partner School
Our partner school is located in the heart of Saint-Malo, just a few minutes' walk from the beach.
15 French lessons per week (3 lessons per day)
- Lesson length: 50 minutes
- Class size: maximum 15 students
- Class schedule: Monday-Friday, 9:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Placement test: first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- Qualified native French teachers. Our partner school follows a 'Communicative Method' syllabus, which works to develop all four French language skills - reading, writing, speaking and listening. Special attention is paid to speaking, grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. Students take part in in-classroom role plays, discussions and debates, and multimedia materials are also used in the classroom.
Language level: beginner-advanced - no complete beginners
Activities and events during your stay
You will enjoy a varied calendar of social and leisure activities every week, in the afternoon or during the evening.
French & Activities (ages 12-17)
Activities 5 afternoons per week. Some of the many activities available include:
- Guided tour of Saint-Malo
- Beach games
- Treasure hunt
- Sports (basketball, football, tennis, volleyball, beach volleyball)
- Catamaran rides
- Outings in the area: Mont Saint-Michel, cruise to Dinant and tour of Dinant
French & Sailing (ages 13-18)
The French & Sailing course includes 2 weeks of French courses and Introduction to Sailing on a catamaran, 5 afternoons per week (lead by professional instructors at a sailing club in Saint-Malo)
French & Sailing & Activities (ages 13-18)
Please note this course is available for students on 3-week stays only.
The French & Sailing course includes 2 weeks of French courses and Introduction to Sailing on a catamaran, 5 afternoons per week (lead by professional instructors at a sailing club in Saint-Malo) + 1 week of the French & Activities course.
French & Horseriding (ages 12-17)
The French & Horseriding course includes 2 weeks of French course and 5 afternoons per week of riding lessons in a renowned riding centre in Saint-Malo. Students are mixed during lessons with local French young riders. Lessons are accessible to all levels (absolute beginners accepted). Students are asked to take care of their horse on an everyday basis. Riding caps and helmets are lent free of charge by the centre. Students also participate in a mixed nationalities riding excursion once a week.
Shared room with same-gender student from a different country, shared bathroom, full board.
Travel time to the school: 15-30 minutes by public transport
- Full board: this includes breakfast and dinner at your homestay and a packed lunch
- Some students may stay in single rooms, depending on availability
Dates & Prices 2016
Camp dates: 3 July - 13 August 2016 (warning : session from 3 to 16/07 is full)
French & Activities
French & Sailing: 2 weeks
Course start dates: 17/07, 24/07, 31/07
French & Sailing & Activities: 3 weeks
2 weeks French & Sailing + 1 week French & Activities
- 24/07-06/08 (sailing) + 07/08-13/08 (activities)
French & Horseriding: 2 weeks
Course start dates: 17/07, 31/07
- 15 French lessons per week
- Cultural, social or sports activities from monday to friday
- 1 excursion per week
- Course materials
- Attendance certificate
- Homestay full board
- Transfers from Rennes or Dinard Airport, Saint-Malo or Rennes train station (pick-up 12:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m., drop-off 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.)
- All taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel to Saint-Malo
- Transportation in and around Saint-Malo
- Visa fees
Arrival airports and train stations:
Airports: Rennes or Dinard
- Train stations: Saint-Malo or Rennes
Transfers: Pick-up and drop-off (between the airport or train station of your choice and your homestay) as per the price list above are included. You should plan to arrive 12:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m and leave 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Please note: Do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.