Saint-Malo, the gateway to Brittany, has much to offer in its own right - ringed by ancient ramparts and towering imperiously over the sea, it cuts an imposing figure. The city's history is full of swashbuckling tales of pirates - some of them government-sanctioned with the aim of frightening away the English. Today, the city is a top destination for Europeans in France and its gorgeous scenery, including a historic citadelle, warm summer weather and lovely clean beaches draw the crowds in every year.
Our Partner School
Our partner school is located in the heart of Saint-Malo, just a few minutes' walk from the beach.
15 French lessons per week (3 lessons per day)
- Lesson length: 50 minutes
- Class size: maximum 15 students
- Class schedule: Monday-Friday, 9:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Placement test: first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- Qualified native French teachers. Our partner school follows a 'Communicative Method' syllabus, which works to develop all four French language skills - reading, writing, speaking and listening. Special attention is paid to speaking, grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. Students take part in in-classroom role plays, discussions and debates, and multimedia materials are also used in the classroom.
Language level: beginner-advanced - no complete beginners
Activities and events during your stay
You will enjoy a varied calendar of social and leisure activities every week, in the afternoon or during the evening.
French & Activities (ages 12-17)
Activities 5 afternoons per week. Some of the many activities available include:
- Guided tour of Saint-Malo
- Beach games
- Treasure hunt
- Sports (basketball, football, tennis, volleyball, beach volleyball)
- Catamaran rides
- Outings in the area: Mont Saint-Michel, cruise to Dinant and tour of Dinant
French & Sailing (ages 13-18)
The French & Sailing course includes 2 weeks of French courses and Introduction to Sailing on a catamaran, 5 afternoons per week (lead by professional instructors at a sailing club in Saint-Malo)
French & Sailing & Activities (ages 13-18)
Please note this course is available for students on 3-week stays only.
The French & Sailing course includes 2 weeks of French courses and Introduction to Sailing on a catamaran, 5 afternoons per week (lead by professional instructors at a sailing club in Saint-Malo) + 1 week of the French & Activities course.
Shared room with same-gender student from a different country, shared bathroom, full board.
Travel time to the school: 15-30 minutes by public transport
- Full board: this includes breakfast and dinner at your homestay and a packed lunch
- Some students may stay in single rooms, depending on availability
Dates & Prices 2016
Camp dates: 3 July - 13 August 2016
French & Activities
French & Sailing: 2 weeks
Course start dates: 03/07, 17/07, 24/07, 31/07
3-week French & Sailing & Activities Summer Camp: 2 weeks French & Sailing + 1 week French & Activities
- 03/07-16/07 + 17/07-23/07
- 24/07-06/08 + 07/08-13/08
All taxes and enrollment fees includedBook Now
|Duration||Intensive (15L)||French & Sailing|
|2 weeks||1,275 €||-||-||1,995 €|
|3 weeks||1,775 €||-||2,395 €||-|
|4 weeks||2,175 €||-||-||-|
- 15 French lessons per week
- Cultural, social or sports activities
- 1 excursion per week
- Course materials
- Full board
- Transfers from Rennes or Dinard Airport, Saint-Malo or Rennes train station (pick-up 12:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m., drop-off 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.)
- All taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel to Saint-Malo
- Transportation in and around Saint-Malo
- Visa fees
Arrival airports and train stations:
Airports: Rennes or Dinard
- Train stations: Saint-Malo or Rennes
Transfers: Pick-up and drop-off (between the airport or train station of your choice and your homestay) as per the price list above are included. You should plan to arrive 12:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m and leave 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Please note: Do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.