This programme in Malta is ideal for young students (ages 12-17) who want to improve their English in a fun and stimulating environment. Students will have English lessons every morning or afternoon from Monday to Friday, and leisure activities in the afternoon as well as in the evening, while they will be staying in a residence or with a host family.
This programme operates over Spring, Summer and Autumn.
- 20 lessons of 45 minutes - 15 hours of lessons per week
- Class size: maximum 15 students, international mixed groups
- Schedule: morning and/or afternoon lessons
- Placement test: first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- Qualified, experienced native English teachers
- Emphasis put on speaking skills to help students develop their fluency and self-confidence. Teachers will make sure everyone is active in class.
All students get a certificate of completion validating their language progress at the end of the programme.
Organised activities and events during your stay
The activity programme includes :
6 half days of leisure, sports or cultural activities a week: beach, Valletta harbour cruise, Melliena Bay, beach bbq, water games, visit to Mdina...
5 evening activities: welcome event, foam party, barbecue, cinema outing, Maltese evening in Valletta...
All these activities are organised and supervised by the school coaches and group leaders.
Below is a typical planning sample for a 2-week stay (subject to potential change):
Malta is a spectacular island located in the crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean and is the perfect place to study English all year round. Its Mediterranean climate, gorgeous bays and tranquil villages make it a haven of serenity. If you're looking for something more active, Malta also boasts a rich and lengthy history, bars, shops and restaurants galore and buzzing nightlife.
English is one of the two official languages on the island, stemming from two centuries of British rule. Malta's most-read paper is the English-language Malta Times, and the Maltese drive on the left. If you're looking for sea, sand and sun as well as top-notch English lessons, Malta is the place for you!
Our partner school, is one of the best EFL centres in Malta. Lessons take place in St Martin's College. The programme is specially tailored to ensure students speak English as much as possible in a range of settings.
All classrooms are air-conditionned and fully equiped for tuition.
Academic supervisors are on hand to assist the students with any questions they may have about their course during their stay. Students wishing to move up or down a class or in need of extra learning support can contact the supervisors at any time.
Outside of school time, camp counselors are on hand 24/7 to ensure the students' stay goes smoothly, take the students to their lessons and supervise the activities. Counselors stay in the same residence as students.
Accreditations: FELTOM ; ISO 9001 certificate
Students have the option of either staying with a host family or in a residence with full board.
Regardless of the type of accommodation, the students are accompanied to school at to activities by the EC staff: a bus collects the students at various meeting points in the morning, and drops them off in the evening after activities.
Double (or sometimes triple) room, full board.
Our Homestay families are carefully screened and selected by our partner school. They are all native English speakers, giving students the perfect opportunity to practise their English in a friendly and welcoming environment.
Travel time to school: most families live in a residential district approximately 30 minutes away from the school by public transport.
Every morning of the organised classes and activities, students are invited to gather at a meeting point indicated by the school (maximum of 5 mn walk from their host families) and are transfered to the scholl by private bus.
- Bed linen and bath towels provided
- Laundry: your host family will let you use their washing machine or let you know the laundry day (generally once a week)
- Important: please don't forget your beach towel (not provided)
Residence (summer only)
Hotel residence with 3 or 4-bedded rooms, full board, bathroom in every room
The hotel is located about 30 minutes by private bus from the school.
Breakfast and dinner are served at the hotel, while lunch is served at the school dining room (pached lunches provided on excursion and local visit days). Packed lunches also provided upon week-end.
Students are supervised by the EC group leader staying at the same residence
- All rooms are air conditioned
- Bed linen and bath towels provided
- Beach towels not provided; please bring your own
- Access to the swimming pool
- Shared room (same-gender), 3-4 students
- WiFi (at no extra cost)
- Laundry facilities available (at an extra cost)
- Small safe to store your valuables available at extra cost (ask to the receptionist)
A refundable 50€ deposit will be requested upon arrival and returned at the end of the stay providing no damage is noticed.
Prices & Dates 2020
Course start dates
Summer camp sessions are held from Saturday to Saturday or Sunday to Sunday. Minimum 1-week stay.
- Easter holidays: 03/28 - 04/25 : 1 or 2 weeks
- Summer holidays: 06/20 - 08/30 : 1, 2, 3 or 4 weeks.
Autumn holidays: 10/03 - 10/31 : 1, 2, 3 or 4 weeks.
Bank Holidays (The school will be closed, no lessons will take place on these dates and they will not be rescheduled or refunded upon the following date): 29/06.
Includes course, accommodation, meals as described & all taxes and enrolment fees.Book now
|Spring and Autumn - Course, activities & accommodation - shared room, full board|
|1 week||485 €|
|2 weeks||945 €|
|Summer - Course, activities & accommodation - shared room, full board|
|1 week||640 €||775 €|
|2 weeks||1,280 €||1,535 €|
|3 weeks||1,920 €||2,295 €|
|4 weeks||2,560 €||2,995 €|
|Special diet* (price per week)||45 €|
|Round trip transfer with extra "Unaccompanied minors" (UM) option||60 €|
*gluten free, lactose free, celiac
- 20 English lessons of 45 mn per week (total of 15 hours)
- Homestay or hotel accommodation, shared room, full board
- Course materials
- Activity and excursion programme as described
- 24hrs/7 days supervision by qualified group leaders
- Supervised travel from host family/residence to school
- Roundtrip transfers from Malta International Airport
- All taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel to and from Malta
- Personal expenses
- Hotel deposit (50€ to be paid upon arrival)
- Optional insurances
Day of arrival: Saturday or Sunday.
Day of departure: Saturday or Sunday.
Arrival Airport: Malta International Airport (MLA)
Free airport transfers to accommodation included
Please note: Do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.