Language programme in Boca Raton
The Sunshine State conjures up images of multi-million dollar mansions, untamed wildlife, Latino capitals and jaw-snapping crocs. This cultural potpourri blends unique flora and fauna in the heart of the Everglades, city glitz on the boulevards of Miami and peace and serenity on the many white sand beaches and glittering waters of the Keys.
The beautiful seaside resort of Boca Raton, located on the east coast of Florida, is famous for its long palm-tree-lined avenues and canals. Orlando and Miami are just a short drive away.
Summer Camp - Lynn University Campus
The summer camp is held on Lynn University Campus, a private university founded in 1962, set on 123 lushly landscaped acres and has 7 freshwater lakes. Lynn University has earned the reputation of one of the safest campuses in the USA. The beach, city centre and Boca Raton Mall are all close by.
Campus facilities include:
- IT suite with free Internet access
- Students lounge
- Free WiFi
- 2 outdoor pools
- Well stocked library
- Numerous sports facilities: tennis, volleyball and basketball ground, baseball field
The Campus is accessible to people with reduced mobility.
20 English lessons per week
- Lesson length: 45 minutes
- Class size: Average 12 students (maximum 15)
- Placement test: first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of stay
- Qualified native English teachers
- Language level: beginners to advanced
Activities and excursions
In addition to the English language programme, students take part in an afternoon/evening social, recreational and sports programme.
Some of the many activities available (per week) include:
- Sports and recreational activities on Campus: multi-sports, Treasure Hunt, team building, photo contest, swimming, water games, short video project
- 1 half-days of local social activities and visits: beach games, shopping malls, etc.
- 1 full-day excursion: Miami Beach, Everglades National Park, Fort Lauderdale with cruise in a glass bottom boat, Miami Seaquarium & Dolphin mall
- Daily evening activities: disco night, "trash bag fashion show", carnival night, movies, show nights (music, theatre, talent show, etc.)
Optional excursions: Limo drive Miami visit, Orlando/Tampa, Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, Seaworld, Busch Gardens, NASA Kennedy Space Center, etc. (These visits will be offered to students at extra cost on top of the regular programme local excursions - On site registration)
Students are housed in Lynn University's on-campus residence.
- On-campus residence (about 100 bedrooms)
- Full board
- Bed linen provided on arrival
- Shared rooms (4 single beds)
- Air conditioning in each room
- 1 bathroom per room
- Shared living room with TV and telephone
- Sheets and towels can be changed once a week
- Cleaning service for communal areas once a week. Students are responsible for cleaning & tidying their own rooms
Dates & Prices 2019
Course start dates: every Thursday
Summer Camp Sessions: June 26 to August 07 2019 (arrival/departure on Wednesdays).
Including course, accommodation, meals as described, all taxes and booking feesBook now
|1 week||1,195 €|
|2 weeks||2,395 €|
|3 weeks||3,595 €|
|4 weeks||4,795 €|
|Return unaccompanied minor service (UM) - Transfer extra (both ways)||120 €|
|Airport transfers out of scheduled times||60 €|
Unaccompanied Minor option (UM): this ensures students are taken care of at the departure and arrival airports as well as during their journey to Boca Raton.
- 20 English lessons per week
- Residence accommodation
- Full board (19 weekly buffet style meals in the campus cafeteria)
- Course material hire
- Airport arrival/departure transfers (Miami or Fort Lauderdale)
- All campus taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Roundtrip flight to Miami or Fort Lauderdale
- Insurance (please note that a valid medical assistance insurance is compulsory for the duration of the stay to be allowed on the American ground)
- Optional cancellation guarantee
- Visa fees (ESTA)
Please make sure to arrive between 07:00 and 21:00 on arrival day and to leave between 11.00 and 01.00 to benefit from the included airport transfers.
Miami International Airport (MIA): pick-up and drop-off included
- Fort Lauderdale Airport: pick-up and drop-off included
Please note: Do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
EU citizens do not require a visa for stays in the United States under 90 days. However, EU nationals do require an ESTA Travel Authorization.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.
Discover Boca Raton activity programme on video.