Language programme in Fort Lauderdale
The Sunshine State conjures up images of multi-million dollar mansions, untamed wildlife, Latino communities and jaw-snapping crocs. This cultural potpourri blends unique flora and fauna in the heart of the Everglades, city glitz on the boulevards of Miami and peace and serenity on the many white sandy beaches and glittering waters of the Keys.
Fort Lauderdale, the Venice of America, with its lattice of canals stretching out in all directions from the centre of town, is home to over 100 marinas and 50,000 pleasure boats. The city remains a tourist hub, but its popularity is well-deserved: it's the perfect balance between fun and relaxation.
LAL Language School
Our partner LAL Fort Lauderdale is a modern, two storey learning centre located only 10 minutes from the beach and 20 minutes from the trendy Las Olas Boulevard and the famous Fort Lauderdale Beach. A variety of restaurants, coffee shops, supermarkets, shops, banks and pharmacies are all within walking distance of the school.
Accreditations : CEA, English USA
School facilities include:
- 17 bright, recently renovated air-conditioned classrooms
- Multimedia centre
- Free WiFi access throughout the centre
- Audio equipments
- Well documented library
- Large student lounge with flat screen TV, ping pong table
- Covered patio & garden
- Heated pool shared with the residence
- Snacks and drinks available
20 English lessons per week
- Lesson length: 45 minutes
- Class size: Average 12 students (maximum 15)
- Placement test: first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of the stay
- Qualified native English teachers
- Language level: beginners to advanced
Activities and excursions
In addition to the English instruction programme, students take part in an afternoon and evening social, recreational and sports programme on the following weekly basis:
5 half-days of local social recreational activities and sports per week
1 full-day excursion per week
Some of the many activities available include:
Social and recreational activities, every afternoon: Visit to Everglades National Park, cruise in a glass bottom boat, Fort Lauderdale beach, treasure hunt, outdoor games etc
Sports: swimming, football, Mini Olympics, climbing, tennis, volleyball
Day Excursions: Miami Beach, Everglades National Park, NASA Kennedy Space Center, Miami Seaquarium & Dolphin mall
Music or sports with young Americans option
2 afternoons per week (about 5 hours per afternoon)
This original option allows to discover the ""All American Culture" while practicing the English language with Young Americans of similar age.
Music (all types : Rock, Pop, Rap, DJ Dance, Classical, etc.): lessons are held in a local school of music by qualified and experimented professionals (music teachers, professional musicians, sound engineers, performance managers).
- Theory lessons: voice, guitar, bass guitar, piano/keyboards, drums
- Singing and group rehearsal for concert
- Stage performance
- Studio recording
- Marketing and promotion
- Song writing
Students not interested by music performance can choose:
- Sound management
- Sports (basketball, golf, tennis, horse riding): lessons are held by qualified and experimented professional and amateur coaches. Students are divided into groups according to their level. Each group has a mix of American and foreign students.
Basketball, tennis and golf sessions take place in the very select and highly renowned "Broken Sound Club" ("5 stars platinum Club of America" private club). Club equipment : 23 tennis courts, 2 complete golf courses (18 holes), swimming pools, fitness centre
Horse Riding sessions take place at Sunshine Meadows Equestrian Village in Delray Beach.
Homestay (host family)
Shared room, shared bathroom and full board.
Travel time to school: Host families usually live around 10 kms/6 miles from the school. Host families drop off and pick up their students after school.
- Bed linen provided. Students should bring bath and beach towels
- Free WiFi
- Laundry: your host family will let you use their laundry facilities once a week or let you know their laundry day. If your host family does not own a washing machine, you will be able to use the on-site coin laundry facilities.
A $100 refundable safety deposit will be requested on arrival.
Dates & Prices 2019
Summer Camp sessions: from June 23 to August 31, 2019 (Sunday to Saturday)
Including course, accommodation, meals and activities as per description and enrolment feesBook now
|1 week||1,045 €|
|2 weeks||1,995 €|
|3 weeks||2,965 €|
|4 weeks||3,930 €|
|Return unaccompanied minor service (UM) - Transfer extra (both ways)||120 €|
|Transfers out of scheduled arrival/departure times||60 €|
|Music or Sports option (per week)||310 €|
Unaccompanied Minor option: this ensures minor students (generally under 16) are taken care of by the flight company from departure airport (registration) to arrival airport gate (flight included).
- 20 English lessons per week
- Full board Homestay, shared room
- Course materials
- Activities and excursions as per programme
- Meet & greet upon arrival and departure assistance by school staff
- Arrival/departure transfers from/to Miami or Fort Lauderdale airports
- Transport in and around Fort Lauderdale during excursions
- 24hr supervision
- All school taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel to and from Fort Lauderdale
- Optional extra activities and excursions
- Insurance (please note that a valid medical assistance insurance is compulsory for the duration of the stay to be allowed on the american ground)
- Optional cancellation guarantee
- Visa fees (ESTA & others)
- Miami International Airport (MIA) or Fort Lauderdale Airport (round trip transfer included).
Pick-up included between 07:00 and 21:00 and drop-off between 11:00 and 01:00. Please make sure to book your flights within that schedule to benefit from that included service.
Please note: do not make any travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
EU citizens do not require a visa for stays in the United States under 90 days. However, EU nationals do require an ESTA Travel Authorization.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.