Language program in New York
Welcome to the city that never sleeps. With a population of 8.5 million, over 160 nationalities and almost 800 languages, New York will never fail to surprise and amaze you. America's cultural and financial capital, Manhattan, holds over 20,00 restaurants of hundreds of different cuisines, and has everything you could ever desire in terms of entertainment. From Broadway shows and baseball games to ethnic markets and vintage boutiques, New York is a cultural melting pot. With its superb public transport system, getting from one side of Manhattan to another is a simple train ride away.
Let New York's vibrant energy sweep you off your feet. Don't miss New York's renowned sights such as the Empire State Building, Central Park and Times Square. Check out the city's iconic neighbourhoods of Harlem, Chinatown, Greenwich Village to get a feel for daily New York city life. Some of the world's most well-known museums such as the MoMa, the Guggenheim and the Museum of Natural History lie in the heart of New York, giving the city an unparalleled cultural heritage.
And of course, no trip to the Big Apple would be complete without a boat cruise to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis island.
Summer Camp - Fordham University
The summer camp is held on the Rose Hill Campus of Fordham University, an independent university founded in 1841. Along with its gothic architectural style, the university lies on an estate of 85 acres of beautiful and well kept land and alleyways surrounded by trees. This gothic and natural beauty is only a short walking distance from New York City Botanic Gardens.
Campus facilities include:
- A cafeteria
- A student lounge
- Air conditioning in each classroom
- IT suite with free Internet access
- Free Wi-Fi
- Sports facilities: outdoor climbing wall, basket-ball and racket-ball grounds.
The Campus is accessible to people with reduced mobility.
20 English lessons per week
- Lesson length: 45 minutes (15 hours per week)
- Class size: Average 12 students (maximum 15)
- Morning lessons from 09.00 to 12.15
- Placement test: first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- Qualified native English teachers
- 5 language levels: beginner to advanced
Activities and excursions
In addition the English language programme, students take part in afternoon and evening social, recreational and sports activities.
Some of the many activities available include:
- 4 half-days discovering New York and its famous neighbourhoods: 9/11 Memorial Museum, Financial District, Soho, Chinatown, Rockfeller Center, Greenwich Village, Brooklyn Bridge, Hudson River cruise, ...
- 1 day of excursion: Statue of Liberty, Times Square, Empire State Building, Coney Island, Central Park, ...
- Evening (and Saturday) activities : treasure hunts, karaoke, photo contest, talent show, fashion show, ...
Optional full-day excursions (at extra cost - on Saturdays): Washington DC, Boston, Limo Tour of NYC, Niagara Falls...
Campbell Hall & Cornley and Salice Halls offer students to stay in a recently renovated on-campus apartment building.
- On-campus residence
- Same-sex apartments
- Full board (packed lunches on excursion days)
- Bed linen/towels provided
- 2 to 5 rooms per apartment
- 1 or 2 beds per room
- Shared bathroom in each apartment
- Common room
- Vending machines
- Free laundry facilities
- Sheets and towels can be changed during the stay
- Cleaning service available on request (3 to 4 weeks stays only)
- Security service present inside the buildings at night-time (22.00 to 07.00) and 24hr/7 at campus entrances.
Dates & Prices 2019
This summer camp runs from 03/07 - 31/07 (from Wednesday to Wednesday)
Including course, accommodation, meals as described, all taxes and booking feesApply
|2 weeks||2,695 €|
|3 weeks||3,995 €|
|4 weeks||5,295 €|
|Return unaccompanied minor service (UM) - Transfer extra (both ways)||120 €|
|Airport transfers out of scheduled times||60 €|
Unaccompanied Minor option (UM): this ensures students are taken care of at the departure and arrival airports as well as during their journey to New York.
- English lessons + activities
- Residence accommodation on campus
- Full board
- Course materials and books
- Arrival and departure airport transfers
- All school taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel to and from New York
- Safety refundable deposit (US$100 - to be paid on arrival)
- Insurance (please note that a valid medical assistance insurance is compulsory for the duration of the stay to be allowed on the American ground)
- Optional cancellation guarantee
- Visa fees (ESTA)
Please make sure to arrive between 07:00 and 21:00 on arrival day and to leave between 11.00 and 01.00 to benefit from the included airport transfers.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), Newark International Airport (EWR), La Guardia International Airport : arrival/departure transfers included.
If you wish, we can take charge of booking your flight to New York. Please mention it when applying.
Please note: do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course (about 4 days after payment of deposit).
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
EU citizens do not require a visa for stays in the United States under 90 days. However, EU nationals do require an ESTA Travel Authorization, to be filled out online prior to departure.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.