Language programme in San Diego
San Diego has been named as one of the best cities to live within the United States on more than one occasion, and has a very affordable cost of living. San Diego's sunny climate and warm breeze, sunny skies, beautiful beaches, islands and peninsulas attract thousands of people from all over the world and enables sportsmen to practise their favourites activities all year round.
San Diego boasts more than 86 golf courses, 1,200 tennis courts, 60 miles of beaches and a water park covering about 2000 hectares. To the east, an hour's drive from the city centre, you'll find the alpine landscape of Mounts Laguna, and just two hours away from this impressive mountain scenery, hot winds blow through the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. San Diego caters to everyone's tastes, and the natural beauty of the surrounding scenery will take your breath away. The icing on the cake? Mexico is located just 20 minutes south of the city.
The Summer Camp
The Summer Camp is organised by our partner school in San Diego located on A Street, right in the city centre, a few minutes away from Gaslamp District, Little Italy and Horton Plaza shopping mall. The school itself is renowned for its academic excellence, with numerous accreditations and subject to regular inspections.
Accreditations: CEA (Commision of English Language Accreditation), English USA
School facilities include:
- 12 spacious and bright classrooms, equipped with the newest technology (smart TVs)
- Air conditioned premises
- Free WiFi access
- Outdoor patio
This is an ideal programme for students aged between 12 and 18 to enjoy what Southern California has to offer and perfect their English skills.
20 English lessons per week
- Lesson length: 45 minutes
- Number of students per class: maximum of 15
- Timetable: classes are held in the morning
- Placement test: the first day of classes
- Certificate of participation at the end of your stay
- Weekly evaluation of your progress
- All teachers have university qualifications (BA or MA) + special training in teaching their mother tongue as a foreign language
- Language level: beginner to advanced
Activities and excursions
In addition to the English language programme, students take part in an afternoon/evening social, recreational and sports programme.
Some of the many activities available (per week) include:
- 4 half-days of activities
- 1 half-day of free time during the week (Wednesday) and 1 day during the weekend (Sunday)
- 1 full-day excursion during the weekend (Saturday)
Some of the many activities available include:
Afternoon: Oldtown San Diego, City Zoo, San Diego State University, Balboa Park & Museum, Harbor Cruise, beach sports, bowling, shopping, baseball game...
Full-day excursions: Los Angeles, SeaWorld, ...
English & Surfing
San Diego is known as of California's best surf locations! If you have always wanted to learn how to "hang ten", the school has an optional Surf Camp with experienced instructors for you to join! Surfboard and wetsuit are provided and included in the price.
2 options are on offer:
The English & Surfing package includes: 3 afternoon surf lessons per week (3 hours long) on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The rest of the week is dedicated to the other activities organised by the school for all the students.
A 90-minutes surf session organised during the free-time afternoon (Wednesday)
Shared room, shared bathroom and half board
Host families usually live within 45 minutes from the school by bus or trolley (tramway).
- Bed linen and bath towels provided
- Free WiFi connection
- Laundry: your host family will let you use their laundry facilities once a week or let you know their laundry day. If your host family does not own a washing machine, you will be able to use the on-site coin laundry facilities.
- Lunch is provided by the school.
Optional services (at extra cost)
Option Premium (subject to availability): single room with shorter commute to and from school (maximum 35 minutes and only one connection).
Escorting: for younger students who may not feel comfortable using public transportation, families can provide drop-offs at the school in the morning and pick-ups from the activities at the end of the day.
Dates & Prices 2020
This Summer Camp runs from June 27 to August 15. Courses start every Monday.
Includes course, accommodation, meals as described, all taxes and enrolment feesBook now
|1 week||1,385 €|
|2 weeks||2,585 €|
|3 weeks||3,785 €|
|4 weeks||4,985 €|
|Airport||Los Angeles (LAX)||San Diego (SAN)|
|Round trip transfer||500 €||Included|
|Round trip UM service||300 €||300 €|
|Accommodation extras (per week)|
|Single room||95 €|
|Host family - Option "Premium"||95 €|
|Family escort service to and from school / activities||140 €|
|Surfing options (per week)|
|Surf package (3 afternoons/week)||280 €|
|90-minutes session (on Wednesday)||75 €|
- English lessons and activities
- Homestay accommodation, shared room, half board
- Lunch at school upon lessons and activity days
- Course materials
- Bus pass
- San Diego (SAN) round trip airport transfers
- All taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel to and from San Diego
- Los Angeles (LAX) roundtrip airport transfers
- Medical insurance (please note that a valid medical assistance insurance is compulsory for the duration of the stay to be allowed on the American ground)
- Optional cancellation guarantee
- Visa fee (ESTA)
- San Diego International, SAN
- Los Angeles International, LAX
Airport transfers available on request (fees apply, see Dates & Prices tab)
Please note: do not make any travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment on your chosen course.
Do you need a visa for this programme? To find out more about visas and if you qualify, please see our page Visa information.
For people coming from the European Union: standard classes that do not exceed 90 days do not require you to obtain a student visa. ESTA is compulsory and sufficient for a short stay.
Please do not hesitate to contact us by mail or phone if you would like more information on this subject.