language programme in Benalmádena
Benalmádena is situated at the foot of the Sierra de Mijas, around 20 kilometres from Malaga. The climate is mild, varying between a minimum winter temperature of 5 degrees and 35 during the summer.
Benalmádena, originally a fishing town, now has a population of 50,000 inhabitants who have seen this city modernise while keeping its charm. The kindness of the locals and the sports facilities (water sports, golf, horse riding...), the flamenco displays and the natural beauty of the coastline make Benalmádena the perfect place to work and relax.
Its geographic location in the south of Andalusia, makes going on excursions to the region's large cities easy allowing students to see the rich culture and history of the region.
Colegio Maravillas, appointed by the famous Instituto Cervantes is located in the residential district of Benalmádena, about ten minutes from the beach. This prestigious private school was founded in 1976 and has all modern facilities including:
- 20 spacious and bright classrooms equiped with Interactive Whiteboards
- a large library
- a beautiful terrace
- a cafeteria on the terrace
- a 25 seats projection room for film screenings
- an IT suite
- Free WiFi within the school premises
15 Spanish lessons per week
- Lesson duration: 60 minutes
- Maximum number of sudents per class: 15 (average of 12)
- Assessment test on the first day of class
- Certificate of completion at the end of the stay
- Teachers are fully qualified to teach Spanish as a foreign language
- all levels accepted, from beginner to advanced (Please note: lessons for complete beginners are only available in the summer).
Activities and excursions
On Monday mornings the students will receive a detailed schedule of the week, including afternoon activities, meeting places and emergency numbers. This programme will allow the students to get the most out of their stay in Spain. The weekly programme includes:
- 4 afternoons of sports and athletic activities in the municipal sports club or on the beach: tennis, volleyball, basketball, swimming, badminton, table tennis, etc.
- 1 afternoon cultural visit to Malaga, Marbella or Nerja.
- 1 full-day excursion on Saturdays to Granada, Sevilla, Cordoba or Ronda.
- ** 3 Evening activities** (1 evening in Spring) : welcome party, bowling, open air cinema, Tivoli World, etc.
The Spanish teachers accompany the students during the excursions and the group leaders are in charge of the other activities. Entrance fees to attractions are included in the price.
Pease find as follow a Spring weekly schedule sample and a Summer weekly schedule sample (given as examples only and subject to modification):
Optional activities at extra cost (1 option for 2 weeks minimum, to choose):
- Golf: 8 hours per fortnight
- Sailing: 12 hours per fortnight
Please note that due to timetable clashes, students who enroll in these optional programmes may not always be able to participate in all of the other camp activities.
- Shared room with a student of the same age but of different nationality
- Shared bathroom
- Full board accommodation : from Monday to Friday, students have lunch in the school cafeteria (hot buffet). On weekends students have all three meals with their host family (except on excursion days where they get a packed lunch)
- Travel time to school : maximum 15 minutes walk each way
- Laundry service once a week
Dates & Prices 2020
Spring Camp sessions: April 05 - May 03
Summer Camp sessions: June 06 - August 23
Golf & Sailing options: available from June 29 to August 14
Bank holidays (no classes will take place on those days nor will not be reimbursed. Replacement activities will be organised instead by group leaders): April 10, May 01 & August 15.
Includes Spanish lessons, full board accommodation, transfer from and to the airport (arrival/departure between 07.00 and 23.00 only). All taxes and enrolment fees included.Book now
|Duration||Spring / Easter||June - July||August|
|Activity extras - per programme (2 weeks)|
|Golf (8 hours)||190|
|Sailing (12 hours)||250|
|Transfer extra from Malaga Airport (per journey)|
|Extra for arrival/departure before 07.00 or after 23.00 (per journey)||25|
|UM Flight extra (round trip)*||35|
|Special diet (per week)**||15|
|Homestay extra night||35|
*UM flights: For unaccompanied minors. Please check regulation with you airline company. **intolerance to lactose, gluten, vegan diet.
- Spanish classes (15 hours a week)
- All excursions and organised activities outlined above
- Full board homestay accommodation
- Textbooks and school materials
- Placement test on arrival and certificate or participation at the end of the programme
- Supervised transfers to and from Malaga airport upon indicated schedule
- Supervision by professional group leaders
- All taxes and school fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel to and from Benalmàdena
- Sports options
- Local transports
- Visa fees (if any)
- Optional insurances
Malaga Airport: included roundtrip transfer for arrivals between 07.00 and 22.00 and departures between 09.00 and 23.00.
An extra will be charged for arrival/departures out of this schedule (see Dates & prices table).
Note: please do not make any travel arrangement before receiving your booking confirmation.
Do you need a Visa for this programme? For more information, please consult our page Visa Information.
Do not hesitate to contact us by email or telephone if you require any further information.