language programme in Benalmádena
Benalmádena is situated at the foot of the Sierra de Mijas, around 20 kilometres from Malaga. The climate is mild, varying between a minimum winter temperature of 5 degrees and 35 during the summer.
Benalmádena, originally a fishing town, now has a population of 50,000 inhabitants who have seen this city modernise while keeping its charm. The kindness of the locals and the sports facilities (water sports, golf, horse riding...), the flamenco displays and the natural beauty of the coastline make Benalmádena the perfect place to work and relax.
Its geographic location in the south of Andalusia, makes going on excursions to the region's large cities easy allowing students to see the rich culture and history of the region.
Colegio Maravillas is situated in the residential district of Benalmádena, around ten minutes from the beach. This prestigious private school was founded in 1976 and has all modern facilities.
It features a large library, a cafeteria, a projection room for film screenings, an IT suite and a terrace, ideal for Andalusia's perfect climate.
Students take 3 Spanish lessons (60 minutes each) per day and participate in a programme of supervised activities and excursions specially designed to practice their language skills.
On the first day of class, students will take a placement test. Classes are offered for all levels, from beginner to advanced speakers (Please note: lessons for complete beginners are only available in summer).
The 15 hours of lessons per week take place in the mornings in small groups of a maximum of 15 students.
The methods of teaching are modern and the classrooms are all equipped with up-to-date audio-visual equipment.
At the end of the programme, each student will receive a summary of their progress as well as a certificate of participation.
Activities and excursions
The activity programme allows students to get the most out of their stay in Spain. The weekly programme includes:
- 4 afternoons of athletic activities in the municipal sports club or on the beach: tennis, volleyball, basketball, swimming, badminton, table tennis, etc.
- A cultural visit to Malaga, Marbella or Nerja.
- A full-day excursion on Saturdays to Granada, Sevilla, Cordoba or Ronda.
- ** Evening activities** (1 evening in Spring) : welcome party, bowling, open air cinema, Tivoli World, etc.
On Monday mornings the student will receive a detailed schedule of the week, including afternoon activities, meeting places and emergency numbers.
The Spanish teachers accompany the students during the excursions and the group leaders are in charge of the other activities. Entrance fees to attractions are included in the price.
Pease find as follow a Spring weekly schedule sample and a Summer weekly schedule sample (given as examples only and subject to modification):
Optional activities at extra cost (1 option for 2 weeks minimum, to choose):
- Golf: 8 hours per fortnight
- Sailing: 12 hours per fortnight
Please note that due to timetable clashes, students who enroll in these optional programmes may not always be able to participate in all of the other camp activities.
Students stay with host families.
- Shared room with a student of the same age but a different nationality
- Shared bathroom
- Full board accommodation : from Monday to Friday, students have lunch in the school cafeteria (hot buffet). On weekends students have all three meals with their host family (except on excursion days where they get a packed lunch)
- Travel time to school : maximum 10 minutes walk each way
- Laundry once a week
Stays take place from Sunday to Sunday.
Dates & Prices 2019
Spring Camp sessions: March 24 - May 05 2019
*Sessions start dates: March 25, April 01, 08, 15, 22 and 29 2019
Summer Camp sessions: June 11 - August 25 2019
*Session start dates: June 10, 17, 24, July 01, 08, 15, 22, 29, August 05, 12 and 19 2019
Golf & Sailing options: available from July 01 to August 16 2019
Bank holidays (no classes will take place on those days and they will not be reimbursed. Replacement activities will be organised instead by group leaders): April 19, May 01 & August 15 2019.
- Classes (15 hours a week)
- All excursions and organised activities outlined above
- Full board homestay accommodation
- Textbooks and school materials
- Placement test on arrival and certificate or participation at the end of the programme
- Supervised transfers to and from Malaga airport
- Supervision by professional group leaders
- All taxes and school fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel to and from Benalmàdena
- Sports options
- Local transports
- Visa fees (if any)
- Optional insurances
- Malaga Airport: included roundtrip transfer for arrivals / departures between 08.00 and 23.00. An extra will be charged for arrivals after 23.00 and departures before 08.00 (see price table).
Note: please do not make any travel arrangement before receiving your booking confirmation.
Do you need a Visa for this programme? For more information, please consult our page Visa Information.
Do not hesitate to contact us by email or telephone if you require any further information.