This programme is specifically aimed at teens between ages 13 and 17 who want to improve their English while discovering the beautiful British capital. The campus is in the middle of the hip and vibrant Bloomsbury area, just around the corner from the British Museum, Oxford Street and Covent Garden. Between cultural visits to the most important city landmarks (Westminster, Tower Bridge, Oxford Street, The London Eye & Madame Tussauds) along with creative activities or a range of sports, this programme is an absolute must for anyone wishing to discover London in a safe and secure environment.
Classes take place at the illustrious **London University College in the vibrant Bloomsbury district.
20 lessons of 45 minutes, making a total of 15 hours per week.
Lessons are held either in the morning or afternoon and alternate with the activity programme. All course materials are included and given to the students on their first day of class.
Classes are international: maximum of 15 students per class.
Classes are held by qualified and experienced teachers. All students take a language test on their first day of tuition to be placed in the appropriate class group according to their level.
Courses focus heavily on oral communication to help students develop their fluency and self-confidence in the language. Teachers insist on the participation of every student.
On the last day of classes students receive a certificate of completion attesting their language level and actual progress.
The programme includes
- 6 half days and 6 evenings of activities per week.
- 1 full day trip per week (upon week-ends only) starting from 2 weeks stay minimum.
Several activities are dedicated to the discovery of London so that teens can visit the capital's unmissable sights. 2 half-days are dedicated to sport or leisure activities.
Cultural activities: visit of the different areas of London (Piccadilly, Covent Garden, Westminster, Notting Hill, St Paul...) and museums (British Museum, Tate Modern, Natural History Museum...)
Leisure activities: treasure hunt, drama workshop, disco, karoke, cinema, talent shows...
Sports activities: football, mini-olympic games, rounders, table tennis...
All activites are supervised by the school group leaders
Optional activities and excursions can also be scheduled on site (at extra cost)
Below is a sample of timetable for a 2-week stay (given for information and subject to change):
Ramsey Hall residence
Single room, shared bathroom (1 for 5 students), full board
Distance from school: 5 minutes walk
- Bed linen provided
- Towels are not provided: please bring your own
- Free WiFi connection
- Laundry facilities (coin operated washing machines), supervised by the Group Leaders)
- Common student lounges and rooms
- 24 hour security
- 24 hour supervision
Bedrooms are cleaned weekly providing the students keep their room tidy at all times. Communal areas are cleaned on a daily basis.
A security deposit is requested upon arrival. It is refundable at the end of the stay providing no damage occurs in the meantime (please see Prices & Dates tab).
All meals are served at one of the 2 cafeterias on the Campus:
- Breakfast: Continental with fruit juice, coffee or tea, toasts with butter and jam, cereals & a fruit
- Lunch & Dinner: 2 courses to choose out of 3 possible options (1 of them being vegetarian)
Prices & Dates 2020
This programme is available from June 21 to August 30
Arrivals and departures are on Sundays only .
All taxes and enrolment fees includedBook now
|Language course, activities & residence accommodation - Single room, full board|
|Transfer extras - Per journey|
|Airport / Railway station||Between 8:00 and 20:00|
|St Pancras (Eurostar)||60|
|Heathrow, Gatwick, London City||130|
|UM (Unaccompanied Minor) extra*||60|
* The UM (Unaccompanied Minor) transfer extra applies only if you have subscribed this service from the airline company or Eurostar (generally under the age of 16)
- English lessons
- Full board Residence accommodation, individual room
- Activities and excursions programme
- Supervision during activities and outings
- Public transport to the activities
Prices do not include:
- Travel to/from London
- Round trip airport/train station transfers to the residence
- Refundable security deposit to be paid on arrival (£40)
- Optional insurances
- Visa fees (if any)
Arrivals: Sunday between 08:00 and 20:00
Departures: Sunday between 08:00 and 20:00
Arrival airports/railway station: Heathrow airport (LHR), London Gatwick (LGW), London City (LCY), Stansted (STN) or St. Pancras International (Eurostar)
Airport/station transfers available on request (fees apply, see price list)
- Identity card or valid passport
- Authorisation for minors to leave your country (if applies)
In absence of agreement, the British Government has clearly stated that European citizens can travel to and within the UK with either a valid ID-card or a personal passport until the 31/12/2020.
Do you need a visa for this programme? For more information please consult our page Visa Information.
Do not hesitate to contact us by telephone or email if you require any additional information.