The Sunshine State conjures up images of multi-million dollar mansions, untamed wildlife, Latino communities and jaw-snapping crocs. This cultural potpourri blends unique flora and fauna in the heart of the Everglades, city glitz on the boulevards of Miami and peace and serenity on the many white sand beaches and glittering waters of the Keys. Fort Lauderdale, the Venice of America, with its lattice of canals stretching out in all directions from the centre of town, is home to over 100 marinas and 50,000 pleasure boats. The city remains a tourist hub, but its popularity is well-deserved: it's the perfect balance between fun and relaxation.
Summer Camp - Nova Southeastern University
Nova Southeastern has campuses throughout Florida. The school is renowned for its cutting-edge oceanography reseach.
The summer camp is held on the Nova Southeastern University campus. The 300-acre campus is 20 minutes from one of Florida's best beaches. The campus occupies what was once an airbase during World War Two - and the roads on-campus were once used for airplanes.
School facilities include:
- Air conditioning in each classroom
- Blackboards and desks in each classroom
- IT suite with free Internet access
- Sports facilities: outdoor pool, indoor gym, climbing wall, racketball and basketball court
15 hours of English lessons per week
- Lesson length: 45 minutes
- Class size: Average 12 students (maximum 15)
- Placement test: first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- Qualified native English teachers
- Language level: beginner-advanced
Activities and excursions
In addition the English instruction programme, students take part in an afternoon and evening social, recreational and sports programme.
Some of the many activities available include:
Social and recreational activities, every afternoon: Visit to Everglades National Park, cruise in a glass bottom boat, Fort Lauderdale beach, treasure hunt, outdoor games etc
Sports: swimming, football, Mini Olympics, climbing, tennis, volleyball
Day Excursions: Miami, Kennedy Space Center, Universal Studios Orlando
Evening activities: welcome night, sightseeing in Fort Lauderdale, Miami Marlins baseball game, concerts, plays, talent shows
Students stay in a recently-built on-campus apartment-style residence. The residence is built on 5 floors and can accommodate up to 139 students.
- On-campus residence
- Same-sex rooms
- Bedlinens/towels provided
- Shared rooms (2 twin beds), 2 bedrooms per apartment
- 1 bathroom per apartment
- Kitchen and living room in each apartment
- Air conditioning
- Full board
- Coin laundry facilities (2)
- Sheets and towels can be changed once a week
- Cleaning service for communal areas. Students are responsible for cleaning their rooms
Dates & Prices 2016
Course start dates: Most courses start every Monday. On public holidays, lessons start on Tuesdays.
Summer Camp 2016 Sessions: 01/07 - 30/07/2016
Including course, accommodation, meals as described, all taxes and booking feesBook Now
|2 weeks||2,365 €|
|3 weeks||3,440 €|
|4 weeks||4,515 €|
|Return unaccompanied minor service||120 €|
|Transfer extra (outside of indicated arrival/departure dates)||210 €|
|Residence deposit (to be paid on site)||95 €|
Unaccompanied Minor option: this ensures students are taken care of at the departure and arrival airports as well as during their journey to Fort Lauderdale.
- 15 hours of English instruction per week
- Residence accommodation
- Full board
- Course materials
- Activities and excursions
- Welcome activity
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Transport in and around Fort Lauderdale during excursions
- 24hr supervision
- All taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel to Fort Lauderdale
- Optional extras
- Deposit on arrival
- Visa fees
Miami International Airport (MIA): pick-up and drop-off included
If you prefer, we can book your flight for you. Be sure to include this request on your booking form. If booking yourself, try to arrive on the Sunday prior to course date and leave the Saturday after course end.
Please note: Do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
EU citizens do not require a visa for stays in the United States under 90 days. However, EU nationals do require an ESTA Travel Authorization.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.