Language stay in Tokyo
An immersion in Tokyo is to enter a city of contrasts, where you will find skyscrapers, advanced technology, and glass towers on one side, and temples, sanctuaries and paper houses on the other.
If you are looking for a change of scenery, you will not be disappointed: a city built without any real prior planning, Tokyo can seem disordered. And it is not the lack of street names and confusing order of building numbers that will make you think otherwise! For the record, the numbers refer to the year the building was built...
If urban spaces make you dizzy, you will definitely appreciate the three big parks dotted around the city: Ueno, Yoyogi and Shinijuku Gyoen. If you need to recharge or you are just simply curious, the temples and sanctuaries are a great alternative.
Finally, the Tsukiji fish market is not to be missed: an excellent way to introduce yourself to Japanese cuisine.
The school is located in 2 buidlings close to each other in the lively district of Shinjuku. Facilities include:
- 10 classrooms in the main building and 7 in the side building
- Library (main building)
- Comfortable lounge rooms for an effective learning environment
- IMac available to students
All teachers are qualified and experienced in teaching Japanese as a foreign language. Therefore, they are perfectly aware of any difficulties you may encounter and aware of all the learning steps that you will go through.
This is an ideal programme for students aged 13-17 who want to learn quickly the basics of Japanese language, in order to be able to introduce themselves, enjoy a simple conversation and discover Japanese culture and society.
Japanese language course: the basics
- Lesson length: 50 minutes
- Number of lessons per day: 4
- Maximum number of students per class: 16 (12 on average)
- Language levels: beginner to intermediate
Courses on offer
- 36 Japanese lessons, spread over 9 days
- 3 full-day and 9 half-day activities or visits
- 56 Japanese lessons, spread over 14 days
- 5 full-day and 14 half-day activities or visits
Activities and excursions
Some of the many activities include:
- Painting on fabric (Yuzen)
- Making of ushiwa (traditional fans)
- Ninja experience
- Introduction to tea ceremony
- Making of lantern and visit to Asakusa
- Visit to Meiji et Harajuku temples
- Full-day excursions to Odaiba, Yokohama, Hakone, Kamakura, Mount Takao...
- Half-day excursion to Tokyo Disneyland
Timetable (given as an example and subject to potential change)
Tokyo Central Youth Hostel, shared room, half board
Travel time to school: 25 minutes by public transport.
- Full board included
- 4 to 10-bedded rooms
- 24/7 Supervision (2 or 3 members of school staff are always on site)
- Transportation between residence and the school/activities provided
Dates & Prices 2019
2-week stays: 07/07 to 21/07
3-week stays: 07/07 to 28/07
Registration deadline: 31/05
Booking prices -
Includes all taxes and enrolment feesApply
Summer Camp - lessons, residence accommodation, full board, activities and excursions Duration Price 2 weeks 3,820 € 3 weeks 5,365 €
- Lessons and residence accommodation
- Full board
- Activities and excursions
- Course materials
- Certificate of completion
- All taxes and enrolment fees
- Airport transfers
- Transportation between residence and the school/activities
Prices do not include:
- Travel to/from Tokyo
- Visa fees
- Optional insurance
Arrival airports :
- Tokyo airports : Narita International Airport or Haneda International Airport
Do you need a Visa for this programme? For more information please consult our page Visa Information.
Do not hesitate to contact us by telephone or email if you require any further information.