Welcome to the city that never sleeps. With a population of 8.5 million, over 160 nationalities and almost 800 languages, New York, the original melting pot, can't fail to blow you away. Manhattan, America's cultural and financial capital, offers an astounding range of dining (20,000 restaurants), entertainment and shopping options, from malls, markets and ethnic enclaves to baseball games, vintage boutiques and speakeasies. Public transport makes getting around a breeze.
Let New York's vibrant energy sweep you off your feet. Don't miss the must-sees: the Empire State Building, Central Park, Times Square. Check out the city's iconic neighbourhoods - Harlem, Chinatown, Greenwich Village - and some of the world's foremost museums: MoMa, the Guggenheim, the Museum of Natural History. The list is endless.
And of course, no trip to the Big Apple would be complete without a cruise out to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis island - the birthplace of New York's fabulous diversity.
Summer Camp - Kean University
The summer camp is held on Kean University campus in New Jersey, 20km from New York. Kean University boasts one of the biggest campuses in New Jersey. A train stations with direct trains to New York City is located immediately opposite the campus.
School facilities include:
- Blackboards and desks in each classroom
- Air conditioning in each classroom
- IT suite with free Internet access
- Sports facilities: outdoor Olympic pool, volleyball and basketball court
15 hours of English lessons per week
- Lesson length: 45 minutes
- Class size: Average 12 students (maximum 15)
- Placement test: first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- Qualified native English teachers
- Language level: beginner-advanced
Activities and excursions
In addition the English instruction programme, students take part in an afternoon and evening social, recreational and sports programme.
Some of the many activities available include:
Social and recreational activities, every afternoon: Outings to the Rockefeller Center and Times Square, MoMA, Central Park, the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, treasure hunts, outdoor games, and many more
Sports: swimming, football, beach sports
Day Excursions: Sightseeing in NYC, Statue of Liberty, United Nations
Evening activities : barbecues, movie nights, discos, theme nights, treasure hunts, shows (concerts, talent shows, plays), and many more
Students stay in a recently renovated on-campus apartment building.
- On-campus apartments
- Same-sex rooms, 2 shared rooms per apartment
- Bedlinens/towels provided
- Shared rooms (2 twin beds)
- Shared bathroom in each apartment
- Kitchen in each apartment (including a large fridge, microwave, sink, cupboard - please note cutlery is not included)
- Shared living room with flatscreen TV
- Air conditioning
- Telephone in each apartment
- Full board
- Coin laundry facilities
- Sheets and towels can be changed once a week
- Cleaning service for communal areas. Students are responsible for cleaning their rooms
Dates & Prices 2016
Course start dates: Most courses start every Monday. On public holidays, lessons start on Tuesdays.
Summer Camp 2016 Sessions: 01/07 - 06/08/2016
Including courses, board and room as described and all taxes & enrolment feesBook Now
|Prices include courses, accommodation and meals as described|
|2 weeks||2,570 €|
|3 weeks||3,690 €|
|4 weeks||4,850 €|
|UM return service (Un-accompanied minors)||125 €|
|Transfers (outside of regular arrival or departure dates)||245 €|
|Extra night||235 €|
|Residence deposit (to be paid on arrival)||100 €|
Unaccompanied Minor option: this ensures students are taken care of at the departure and arrival airports as well as during their travel time.
- 15 hours of English instruction per week
- Residence accommodation
- Full board
- Course materials
- Activities and excursions
- Welcome activity
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Transport in and around New York during excursions
- 24hr supervision
- All taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel to New York
- Optional extras
- Deposit on arrival
- Visa fees
Newark International Airport (EWR): transfers included
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK): transfers included
If you prefer, we can book your flight for you. Be sure to include this request on your booking form. If booking yourself, try to arrive on the Sunday prior to course date and leave the Saturday after course end.
Please note: Do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
EU citizens do not require a visa for stays in the United States under 90 days. However, EU nationals do require an ESTA Travel Authorization, to be filled out online prior to departure.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.