Language program in New York
Welcome to the city that never sleeps. With a population of 8.5 million, over 160 nationalities and almost 800 languages, New York, the original melting pot, can't fail to blow you away. Manhattan, America's cultural and financial capital, offers an astounding range of dining (20,000 restaurants), entertainment and shopping options, from malls, markets and ethnic enclaves to baseball games, vintage boutiques and speakeasies. Public transport makes getting around a breeze.
Let New York's vibrant energy sweep you off your feet. Don't miss the must-sees: the Empire State Building, Central Park, Times Square. Check out the city's iconic neighbourhoods - Harlem, Chinatown, Greenwich Village - and some of the world's foremost museums: MoMa, the Guggenheim, the Museum of Natural History. The list is endless.
And of course, no trip to the Big Apple would be complete without a cruise out to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis island - the birthplace of New York's fabulous diversity.
Summer Camp - Fordham University
The summer camp is held on Rose Hill Campus of Fordham University, an independent university founded in 1841. Of Gothic architecture, the university lies on an estate of 85 acres of land nicely set and looked after with tree borded alleyways, within a short walking distance from New York City Botanic Gardens.
Campus facilities include:
- A cafeteria
- A student lounge
- Air conditioning in each classroom
- IT suite with free Internet access
- Free Wi-Fi
- Sports facilities: outdoor climbing wall, basket-ball and racket-ball grounds.
- Wide gardens
The campus is accessible to limited mobility persons.
20 English lessons per week
- Lesson length: 45 minutes (15 hours per week)
- Class size: Average 12 students (maximum 15)
- Morning lessons from 09.00 to 12.15
- Placement test: first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- Qualified native English teachers
- 5 language levels: beginner to advanced
Activities and excursions
In addition the English instruction programme, students take part in an afternoon and evening social, recreational and sports programme.
Some of the many activities available include:
Social and recreational activities, every afternoon: Outings to the Rockefeller Center and Times Square, MoMA, Central Park, the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, treasure hunts, outdoor games, and many more
Day Excursions: Sightseeing in NYC, Statue of Liberty, United Nations
Evening activities : Karaoke, movie nights, discos, theme nights, treasure hunts, shows (concerts, talent shows, plays), and many more.
Optional full-day excursions (at extra cost - on Saturdays) : Washington DC, Boston, Limo Tour of NYC, Niagara Falls...
Students stay in a recently renovated on-campus apartment building.
- On-campus apartments
- Same-sex rooms, 2 to 5 shared rooms per apartment
- Bedlinens/towels provided
- Shared rooms (2 twin beds)
- Shared bathroom in each apartment
- Air conditioning
- Full board (packed lunches on excursion days)
- Vending machines
- Free laundry facilities
- Sheets and towels can be changed during the stay (3 to 4 weeks stays only)
- Cleaning service for communal areas. Students are responsible for cleaning their rooms
- Security service present inside the buildings at night-time (22.00 to 07.00) and 24hr/7 at campus entrances.
Dates & Prices 2017
From 5 July to 2 August 2017.
Summer Camp Sessions:
- 2 weeks : 05/07-19/07 ; 12/07-26/07 ; 19/07-02/08
- 3 weeks : 05/07-26/07 ; 12/07-02/08
- 4 weeks : 05/07-02/08
Includes course, accommodation, meals and activities as described just as enrolment fees.Book now
|2 weeks||2,865 €|
|3 weeks||4,160 €|
|4 weeks||5,345 €|
|Extra English - 4hrs English per week||50 €|
|Transfer both ways if flying with option UM (Unaccompanied Minor)||120 €|
|Transfers outside scheduled times||60 €|
- 20 English lessons per week
- Residence accommodation on campus
- Full board
- Course materials and books
- Activities (culture & sports) and excursions
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Transport in and around New York during excursions
- 24hr supervision (1:15 ratio)
- All school taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel to and from New York
- Optional extras (see price table)
- Optional excursions on week-ends (to be paid on site)
- Safety refundable deposit (US$100 - to be paid on arrival)
- Visa fees (ESTA)
- Optional insurances
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), Newark International Airport (EWR), La Guardia International Airport : arrival/departure transfers included. Arrival between 07.00 and 21.00, departure between 11.00 and 01.00 (if arriving/departing out of these schedules, see extra costs on price table).
Please note: do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course (about 4 days after payment of deposit).
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
EU citizens do not require a visa for stays in the United States under 90 days. However, EU nationals do require an ESTA Travel Authorization, to be filled out online prior to departure.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.