German language programme in Augsburg
Only a 35 minutes train ride from its famous neighbour Munich, Augsburg is located in Southern Germany and South-West of Bavaria. Home town of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's family as well as the painter Holbein and the playwriter Bertold Brecht, Augsburg is a charming, laid-back city that is perfect for learning German and getting to know Bavarian culture for life here is more relaxed and less hectic here than in most other German cities.
Nowadays, the city has become a renowned university centre and hosts regularly cultural and musical events such as the Augsburger Jazz Sommer gathering every year various and numerous artists coming from all over the world, or the Augsburger Christkindlesmarkt.
DID School of German
Our partner school in Augsburg is ideally located next to the train station and most tramway lines. It is just a few minute's walk from the very central Königsplatz and the city centre.
Students get quality tuition from highly qualified and experienced teachers
- 5 classrooms fully equiped with tables, chairs and boards available year round (during the summer 3 additional classrooms located in a building nearby are also accessible to students)
- Computers room
- Free WiFi
Leisure activities and local visits
During the school year the school organises a socio-cultural activities and excursions programme you are totally free to join or not. This programme is included in the course price and the frequency of activities vary according to the period of the year.
Summer : 4 half-day activities per week + 1 week-end excursion
- Rest of the year : 2 activities per week + 1 week-end excursion
Possible activities :
- Beach volleyball
- Museum visits
- Forest picnic and outdoor games
- Half a day at the Aqua Park
- All day excursions to Munich, Nuremberg, Regensburg as well as the Bavarian Alps with the royal castles of Neuschwanstein and Linderhof or the Konstanz and Chiemsee lakes.
German lessons : general information
- Duration of one lesson : 45 minutes
- Maximum number of students per class : 15 (minimum of 5 with an average of 12)
- Daily schedule : lessons generally take place in the morning
- Assessment language level test : first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of course
- Fully experienced native speakers teachers with special qualification for teaching German as a foreign language
Our special programme for students aged 14 to 17 is available year round.
Please note: Complete beginners cannot partake in this programme. Students must have completed a minimum of 1 year of German lessons at school or have an minimum understanding of the language.
Language levels : elementary to advanced (A1 to C1)
Summer session (June to August) : Standard 20 German lessons per week
Winter session : Intensive 24 German lessons per week
Rest of the year : Intensive 24 German lessons per week
Homestay (host family)
Shared room and bathroom, full board
Families are located in a residential area around 30 minutes from the school by public transport.
- Linen and towels provided
- Laundry provided once every two weeks
Available at extra cost : single room (see Dates and prices tab)
Dates & prices 2019
Sessions start: most courses start every Monday, year round, except otherwise indicated as mentioned below. In case Monday is a bank Holiday, session starts on Tuesday.
Closing days and bank holidays (no course will take place on the following dates, nor caught up at a later stage, nor reimbursed): 01/01, 19/04, 22/04, 01/05, 30/05, 10/06, 20/06, 08/08, 15/08, 03/10, 01/11, 21/12/2019 to 05/01/2020 included.
- Summer session: 09/06 to 24/08/2019
- Winter session: 06/01/2019 to 02/02/2019
- Rest of the year: 03/02 to 08/06 & 25/08 to 21/12/2019.
- Chosen programme & course option
- Homestay accommodation, shared room & bathroom
- Language level assessment test on first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of course
- Course material
- Weekly activities (entrance and transport included)
- Local public transport bus-pass
- Roundtrip transfers from Augsburg's main station
- All school taxes & administration fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel to and from Augsburg
- Local transportation out of organised programme
- Optional insurances
- Visa fees (if any)
Day of arrival: Sunday (between 12.00 and 20.00)
Day of departure: Saturday (between 08.00 and 12.00)
Arrival airports or stations:
- Munich (MUC) airport (1h15 by bus or 1h45 by train from Augsburg).
- A free round trip transfer is available from Augsburg main train station to your place of accommodation.
Possible other transfers on request at extra charge (see "Dates & Prices" tab.)
Important note: please do not book your transport tickets before we have confirmed your booking (about 4 days after payment of your deposit).
Students who are EU residents do not need a visa; an ID card or passport will do.
Depending on your country of origin and length of stay, you may or may not need a visa to enter and study in Germany.
Please consult the following link to the German Federal Foreign Office for more information of visas and visa processes: Visas for Germany
For any further information or questions, please contact Easy Languages by following this link: Contact Us