Language programme in Biarritz
Flanked by the spectacular waves of the Atlantic Ocean, Biarritz is located 12km from Spain. Its famous sandy beaches, stretching over an expanse of 3km, attract surfers from all over the world who are eager to catch the next wave.
Biarritz is also the capital city of Basque Country, a fascinating region with the print of Anglo-Saxon and Spanish cultures.
This is a pleasant and lively city which attracts a lot of young people. Its pretty cobbled streets, trendy shops and cafes, varied dining options and sports events make Biarritz the ideal summer destination for students of all ages. Apart from surfing, youngsters can join a golf, rugby, basketball or tennis game, or get a bodyboard out and try your hand at pelota.
Our partner school
With nearly 25 years of experience, our partner school and has created a teaching method specifically adapted to young learners. Every year it is host to young students from all over the world.
The school is ideally located in the centre of Biarritz, a short walk from the beach.
School facilities include:
- 10 bright classrooms, equipped with AC and projectors
- 2 student lounges
- 5 bathrooms
- 2 kitchens
- Lesson length: 45 minutes
- Class size: maximum 15 students
- Placement test: online writing test prior to arrival, speaking test on the first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- Qualified native teachers
- Language level: beginner to advanced
20 French lessons per week
Some of the many activities available include:
- 1 full day trip and 3 half-day trips: Bayonne, Saint-Jean-de-Luz, San Sebastián (Spain), exploring the Basque countryside, etc.
- 1 half-day of supervised sports: beach volley, football, golf, pelota, surfing. All activities are supervised by qualified instructors.
- 1 half-day surfing session (2 hours at the surfing school)
- Evening activities: guided tour of Biarritz, local places of interest such as the Sea Museum and the Chocolate Museum, etc.
In addition to these activities, students will have the opportunity to attend various parties and barbecues.
French & Surfing
- Levels: complete beginners to advanced surfers
- Certificate of completion issued by the French Surfing Federation
- Qualified instructors
Free equipment supplied by the school
The French & Surfing course includes:
1 full-day excursion
4 afternoon surf sessions per week (90 minutes per session)
Attention : the surfing activity depends on the tides times and the overall state of the sea (power of the waves). It therefore cannot be organised at pre-scheduled times but the total number of sessions is guaranteed over the entire duration of the session.
Shared room (with student of same gender but different nationality and mother tongue), shared bathroom, full board.
Travel time to school (for 13-15 year-old): families live within walking distance (about 5 minutes).
Travel time to school (for 14-18 year-old): Homestays are located in residential areas around Biarritz. Families live 15-20 minutes away from the school by local bus transport.
Families provide a packed lunch.
Optional at an extra cost:
- Special diet (gluten-free)
Dates & Prices 2019
Course duration: 2 weeks
For ages 13-15: the programme is available from July 8 to 20 and from August 5 to 17.
For ages 14-18: the programme is available from March 1 to October 30.
Includes all taxes and enrolment feesBook now
|Prices including 20 lessons, accommodation, activities and transfers (from/to Biarritz)|
|Duration||Ages 13 - 15||Ages 14 - 18|
|2 weeks||1,765 €||1,515 €|
|3 weeks||2,645 €||2,270 €|
|4 weeks||3,490 €||2,990 €|
|Extra week||860 €||735 €|
|Surfing lessons (per week) - minimum 2 weeks||180 €|
|Special diet (per week)||15 €|
|Extra night||40 €|
|San Sebastián airport||45 €|
|Irun or Hendaye railway stations||35 €|
- 20 French lessons per week
- Homestay accommodation, shared room
- Full board
- Course materials
- Activities and excursions according to chosen programme
- Biarritz airport or train station round-trip transfers
- 24/7 supervision and assistance
- All taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel to and from Biarritz
- Surfing lessons (optional extra)
- Pocket money (approx. €100 per week recommended)
- Visa fees (if any)
- Optional insurances
Please book your travel so that you arrive and depart between 12:00 and 18:00. If you arrive at your host family's accommodation before 12:00, an additional fee may apply (contact us for further details).
Arrival airports/train stations:
Airports: Biarritz (transfer included), San Sebastián (additional fees apply, see price list)
Train stations: Irun and Hendaya (additional fees apply, see price list)
Transfers: Airport or train station pick-up and drop-off are available on request at no additional charge. However, an additional fee may be charged for arrivals later than 11:00 p.m. Travel details must be provided at least 2 weeks prior to arrival otherwise we will not be able to arrange your transfers.
Please note: Do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.