language programme in Biarritz
Flanked by the spectacular waves of the Atlantic Ocean, Biarritz lies 12km from Spain, firmly in the heart of the Basque Country. Its famous sandy beaches, stretching over an expanse of 3km, draw surfers eager to catch the next wave from all over the world. But the city offers plenty in its own right – once the summer residence of Empress Eugenie, it boasts a genteel yet faded glamour, making for a heady contrast with the surfer vibe. Its pretty cobbled streets, trendy shops and cafes, varied dining options and sports and events galore make it the ideal summer destination for all ages.
Our partner school
With over twenty years' experience, our partner school is a leader in French as a Foreign Language education for young learners from all over the world. The school is ideally located in the centre of Biarritz, a short walk from the beach.
School facilities include:
- 10 bright classrooms, equipped with AC and projectors
- 2 student lounges
- 5 bathrooms
- 2 kitchens
- Lesson length: 45 minutes
- Class size: Average 12 students (maximum 15)
- Placement test: online writing test prior to arrival, speaking test on the first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- Qualified native teachers
20 or 16 French lessons per week
Some of the many activities available include:
- One full day trip and three half-day trips: Bayonne, Saint-Jean-de-Luz, San Sebastian (Spain), exploring the Basque countryside
- One half-day of supervised sports: beach volley, football, golf, pelota, surfing. All activities are supervised by qualified instructors.
- One half-day surfing session (2 hours at the surfing school)
- Evening activities: guided tour of Biarritz, local places of interest such as the Sea Museum and the Chocolate Museum, etc.
In addition to these activities, students will have the opportunity to attend various parties and barbecues.
French & Surfing
- Levels: complete beginners to advanced surfers
- Certificate of completion issued by the French Surfing Federation
- Qualified instructors
Free equipment supplied by the school
The French & Surfing course includes:
1 full-day excursion
4 afternoon surf sessions per week (90 minutes per session)
Attention : the surfing activity depends on the tides times and the overall state of the sea (waves strength). Therefore it cannot be organised at pre-scheduled times but the total number of sessions is guaranteed on the whole stay duration.
French & Golf
- Levels: false beginners to advanced (complete beginners cannot participate)
Duration: minimum 2 weeks
The French & Golf course includes 3 golf sessions per week. This may vary depending on your level.
Please contact us for more information.
Shared room (with student of same gender but different nationality and mother tongue), shared bathroom, full board.
Travel time to school: Homestays are located in residential areas around Biarritz. The school is accessible within walking distance or, for families living 15-20 minutes away, by local bus transport.
Families provide a packed lunch; breakfast and dinner are served at home.
Dates & Prices 2018
Course duration: 2 weeks
Course dates: 4th March to 28th October 2018
All taxes and registration fees includedBook now
|Prices include courses, accommodation, activity programme & transfers (from/to Biarritz)|
|Duration||16 lessons||20 lessons|
|2 weeks||1,395 €||1,475 €|
|3 weeks||2,090 €||2,210 €|
|4 weeks||2,790 €||2,950 €|
|Extra week||695 €||735 €|
|Surf lessons, per week - minimum of 2 weeks||180 €||180 €|
|Golf lessons, per week - mimimum of 2 weeks||210 €||210 €|
|Extra night||45 €||45 €|
|Transfer extra (both ways)|
|San Sebastian International Airport||45 €|
|Irun or Hendaye stations||35 €|
- 16 or 20 French lessons per week
- Full board Homestay accommodation, shared room
- Course materials
- Activities and excursions according to chosen programme
- Biarritz airport or train station roundtrip transfers
- 24/7 supervision and assistance
- All taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel to and from Biarritz
- Surfing or golf lessons (optional extra)
- Pocket money (approx. €100 per week recommended)
- Visa fees (if any)
- Optional insurances
Arrival airports and train stations:
Airports: Biarritz (transfer included), San Sebastian (additional fees apply, see price list)
Train stations: Irun and Hendaya (additional fees apply, see price list)
Transfers: Airport or train station pick-up and drop-off are available on request at no additional charge. However, an additional fee may be charged for arrivals later than 11:00 p.m. Travel details must be provided at least 2 weeks prior to arrival otherwise we shall not be able to arrange your transfers.
Please note: Do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrollment in your chosen course.
Permission to go out in the evening (Ages 15+)
Camp personnel and host families are aware that many senior campers enjoy a certain level of freedom at home and expect to be able to meet with friends and go out in an unsupervised fashion in the evening.
Students must be over 15 and present a signed consent form from their parents in order to be granted permission to go out after dinner.
Students under 15, and students over 15 without a signed parental consent form, will not be allowed to go out.
When staying with a host family, both sides must work to communicate and establish a good relationship. Students should remember to respect their hosts' home and house rules. This will go a long way in maintaining a positive and respectful relationship with the family.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.