This special Easter and Summer language programme includes 20,24, 28 or 40 English lessons per week, with or without activities. It is available for students aged 14 - 19. An activity programme is associated to the 20 lessons per week course.
English lessons : general information
- Lesson duration : 40 minutes (WA school) and 45 minutes (ETC school)
- Class sizes : average of 10/12 students year round and maximum of 16 in the summer at WA school ; average of 12/14 year round and maximum of 18 in the summer at ETC school.
- We offer courses for all levels of English proficiency. Students take an placement test upon arrival and are placed in the appropriate class. The courses emphasize oral communication and other practical aspects of the language. Attending lessons is compulsory.
You have the choice between four different programmes:
- Holiday Programme: 20 lessons per week
This programme is available at ETC and Westbourne Academy.
This is the perfect option for students who are looking to combine their lessons with activities. Lessons are available for all levels, for beginners to advanced students. Lessons take place in the morning or afternoon from Monday to Friday. Theses lessons combine perfectly with the Excursions option, which includes supervised group activities outside of lesson times (see activities section) during the Easter and summer holidays.
If you choose this programme, we will respect your choice of school, however we reserve the right to place you in either of the schools depending on availabilities, after having spoken to you about the change.
- Semi-Intensive Course: 24 to 28 lessons per week
This programme is available at ETC and only for students aged 16 - 19.
Slightly more intensive, these courses take place in the mornings and part of the afternoon. Students taking the Semi-Intensive course are not able to take part in the "excursions" option.
- Intensive Course: 40 lessons per week
This programme is available at Westbourne Academy, from one to four weeks and is only open to students aged 16 - 19.
It is aimed at students who are highly motivated to work intensively on their English and make rapid progress in a short amount of time (writing, spoken & written comprehension, conversation...). This intensive programme is not available for beginners or for very advanced students. We do not recommend this programme for students under the age of 16. The lessons take place in the mornings and afternoons from Monday to Friday, and are therefore not compatible with the "excursions" option.
English and Activity Programme
During the the months of July and August(see the prices & dates tab), we offer the possibility to take part in an Activity programme as well as English lessons.
This option is especially designed to enable young people to make the most of their holidays while improving their English skills. Students have 5 half-days of lessons per week ("holiday programme" 20 lessons per week) and have varied activities organised in English by our bilingual Group Leaders for the rest of their time (morning or afternoon). The weekly programme, with the meeting place and time, is shown in the school.
The activity programme is the following:
- 5 half days of activities per week (visit Swanage, Poole, Christchurch, bowling, beach games, museums, mini-golf, boat trips, beach volleyball, water park etc).
- 2 evening activities per week (bowling, disco, laser tag, cinema etc).
Sample Timetable (given as example and subject to changes):
All of the entry tickets and transport to the activities are included. Visit our Scrapbook 2012 and discover our activities and photos galeries.
This option is compulsory for students under 16 who take the 20 lessons per week programme. This is to meet the supervision requirements during the part of the day when they do not have lessons.
Activities 'A la carte'
Students who do not select the activities options can also take part in a selection of activities and excursions offered by the group leaders (depending on availabilities) by signing up on arrival.
They can also sign up individually for excursions at the school, organised in summer but also throughout the rest of the year (for example in London, New Forest, Dorset villages, Stratford upon Avon, Bath, Oxford etc). The student can sign up and pay on site. The schools also organise barbecues, karaoke nights and film evenings on a regular basis for free or a small cost.
Bournemouth is without a doubt one of the best student towns on England's southern coast.Its charm, quaintness and miles of beach coupled with accommodating facilities have helped make it an important centre for tourism, education and business. The city offers a well-organized transportation system, with an excellent network of buses and trains extending throughout Britain and to many parts of Europe. London is just two hours away by train.
It's never dull in Bournemouth, with powerboat races, vintage car shows, international tennis championships and windsurfing competitions taking place over the course of the year. During the summer, there are weekly firework displays from the pier, laser light shows, the Musicmaker's Festival and the unique Flowers by Candlelight Festival, where the people of the town gather to light 15,000 candles in the Central Gardens. A safe and inviting city for young people, the beaches and pedestrian zones offer students the opportunity to enjoy their holidays in a safe and relaxed environment.
Our partners for these programmes are ETC School (from 14 years) and Westbourne Academy (from 15 years). They offer high quality courses and environment. Students at these schools come from all continents and give the schools an international atmosphere. You will find specific information about the schools below.
ETC School of English
Our partner school, ETC International College , is a family run institution founded in 1987. ETC is well known for the quality of its courses and its teaching style. The staff is particularly welcoming and accommodating, and with an average of 12 students per class, they are able to give each student individual attention.
The ETC campus is located in the heart of Bournemouth and is within walking distance of the shopping district and the beach.
ETC is accredited by the British Council and English UK.
School facilities include:
- 44 spacious classrooms in several buildings
- IT suite
- Cafe with freshly prepared meals
Westbourne Academy School of English
The Westbourne Academy has been teaching English to foreign students in Bournemouth for over 25 years under the leadership of director Mike Francis and his staff. Located in the Poole neighbourhood of Bournemouth, the school is part of the principal language centre of the English south coast. Westbourne is a certified English teaching centre for Cambridge Exam preparation, it is a member of "English in Britain" ( Association of Recognized Language Schools ) and is recognized by the British Council . As such, the school benefits from government funding for programmes of 4 to 36 weeks in length.
The campus is situated in the residential district of Westbourne, near Parkstone and between Poole and the Bournemouth town centre. It is only 10 minutes by bus to the centre of either of these towns and downtown Bournemouth is about 20 minutes away by foot. Westbourne is a very agreeable location, with many small stores, cafés, restaurants and snack stands.
School facilities include:
- Cafeteria with hot drinks and snacks
- Student lounge
- Patio and garden
- Recreation room with table tennis
- IT suite
- Language lab
- Coin laundrette (around £4 per wash)
Shared room, shared bathroom half board Monday-Friday, full board at the weekend.
The families are vetted and interviewed by the schools and offer a warm environment and ensure that students are well-integrated during their stay in England. Most of the families are experienced hosts, having welcomed students into their homes for years. The school welfare officers inspect the families regularly. Former students who wish to return to the same family should indicate this preference on their booking form.
Travel time to school: host families usually live 20-30 minutes (up to 55 minutes, direct bus route) from the schools by public transport in residential areas. Travel to school is easy and your host family will explain how to get to school and to the city centre.
Curfew for minors:
- 14- and 15-year-olds may not go out in the evening outside of the evening activity programme, organised by the Group Leaders.
- 16- and 17-year-olds may go out until 10:00 p.m. outside of the evening activity programme, provided they bring a signed parental permission slip.
- Bedlinens provided (students should bring their own towels)
- Laundry: your host family will let you use their laundry facilities once a week or let you know their laundry day
- Families are regularly inspected by the school and have experience hosting international students (never more than 4 students at a time)
- Single rooms are available, though rare, and can be booked subject to availability for students aged 18+ (additional fees apply)
- The family provides half board (breakfast & dinner) Monday to Friday. On week-ends the family provides three meals a day. During the week, students can have snacks or a light meal in the school cafeteria or in a nearby café or restaurant at lunchtime for a minimal cost.
Dates & Prices 2017
Course start dates: Courses start every Monday.
Summer stays 2017 with group travel, with supervised activities and Easy Languages Group Leaders (bilingual group leaders), take place 02 July to 26 August 2017.
Bank holidays (no classes will take place on those days and they will not be reimbursed. Replacement activities will be organised instead by group leaders): April 14 2017.
- JULY: very limited, book now.
- AUGUST: book now and before June 30
Includes courses, accommodation + board as described, all taxes and registration fees included.Book Now
|Course & Homestay accommodation, shared room, half board Westbourne Academy & ETC|
|Duration||20 lessons||24 lessons (ETC)||28 lessons (ETC)||40 lessons (WA)|
|1 week||445 €||485 €||525 €||585 €|
|2 weeks||795 €||845 €||895 €||1,075 €|
|3 weeks||1,125 €||1,210 €||1,295 €||1,555 €|
|4 weeks||1,445 €||1,550 €||1,650 €||2,045 €|
|Extras - per week|
|Full day excursion (Saturday or Sunday)||45 €|
|Peak season (06/25-08/26/2017)||40 €|
|Single room (18 +/ Easter only)||60 €|
|Special diet (vegetarian, halal, etc)||30 €|
|Optional activities (5 afternoons and 2 evenings)|
|1 week||125 €|
|Extra week||110 €|
|Transfers airport/accommodation - per journey|
|Extra for flght delay over 1 hour||70 €|
|Extra for escorting UM passenger||70 €|
All taxes includedBook Now
|Escorted travel to Bournemouth - Easter and Summer Programme (Prices in EUROS)|
|Places of departure / return||Roundtrip||One way trip|
|Brussels - Mons* - Lille*||215 €||135 €|
- All taxes and school enrolment fees
- Language programme of choice
- Homestay accommodation (host family), shared room (single room at extra charge for 18+, not available during Peak Season)
- Half-board (2 meals a day) during weekdays and full-board on weekends
- Supervision by our Group Leaders during the summer holidays
- Course books and materials
- Certificate of participation
Prices do not include:
- Travel to Bournemouth (except escorted Group Travel option)
- Arrival and departure transfers (except escorted Group Travel option where arrival transfer is included)
- Optional extras
- Snacks or lunches during working week days (monday to friday inc.)
- Local transport (out of activity programme)
- Visa fees
- Optional insurances
Arrival airports and stations: Bournemouth International Airport has daily and weekly flights to a range of destinations in the UK and Europe. There is a daily ferry service from Poole to France.
- Bournemouth Airport - Bournemouth: 15 minutes (taxi)
- Southampton Airport - Bournemouth: 30 minutes (taxi) or 38 minutes (train)
- London Heathrow - Bournemouth: 1hr 30 mins (taxi) or 2hrs 24 minutes (express bus)
- London Gatwick - Bournemouth: 2 hrs (taxi) or 3 hrs 30 minutes (express bus)
- London Stansted - Bournemouth: 2hrs 30 minutes (taxi) or 4 hrs (express bus)
Group travel by coach
Please note that arrival and departure days may vary.
Arrivals: Saturday (or Sunday)
Departures: Saturday (or Sunday)
In July and August we organise accompanied group trips from Brussels, Mons, Paris or Lille to Bournemouth.
This trip includes :
- Group travel to Bournemouth, round-trip
- Extra night if returning on Sunday
- Transfer to your homestay (or residence) on arrival
More details on our Group Travel to Bournemouth.
For groups departing from Lille or Paris, an Easy Languages group leader will be at the station for departure from Lille and arrival in Paris or vice versa, where the Lille and/or Paris groups will join the Brussels group.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.