This programme is ideal for juniors and teens between the ages of 14 and 17 wishing to improve their English language knowledge while discovering the historic city and world famous university.
- Lesson length: 45 minutes
- Class size: Maximum 16 students (average of 13)
- Schedule: morning lessons
- Placement test: first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- Qualified native English teachers
Students have English lessons from Monday to Friday, 20 lessons per week in total (15 hours of English language instruction). The lessons are given by two different teachers, who work using methods focused on Speaking and listening skills.
Activities are organized every afternoon as well as three evenings per week. They include sports, arts and crafts, visits around town, language games, discos and shows.
Some of the many activities available include:
- Disco night
- T-shirt design
- Mask making
- Circus workshop
- Cake decorating
- Painting on glass
- British quiz
Students will also be able to take part in one excursion per week, including visits to London, Oxford, Brighton or Windsor for example.
Cambridge enjoys an almost unparalleled reputation (except for maybe its rival, Oxford) for its high-calibre university, producing the likes of Sir Isaac Newton, Bertrand Russell, and Ludwig Wittgenstein, and the history and traditions that have accompanied it through time. Student town, cosmopolitan, dynamic, ancient, Cambridge is full of things to do and see, making it a hot destination for young people learning English.
Climb to the top of Great St. Mary's cathedral for a spectacular view of the town from above. Go rowing, or for an even more typical Cambridge experience, give punting on the Cam a try. Students can take walks through "the Backs", going down peaceful meadows to the river's edge and providing picturesque views of the colleges. In the heart of East Anglia, Cambridge itself is well-situated and easily accessible by train, bus, car, and air plane, making it easy to travel around England (and maybe even sneaking a trip over to Oxford, just for comparison).
Studio Cambridge School
Founded in 1954, accredited by the British Council and a member of English UK and Education UK, our partner school has years of teaching experience. It is also the oldest language school in Cambridge.
School facilities include:
- 23 bright, spacious and comfortable classrooms in 2 buildings
- Excellent library facilities with a quiet reading area
- IT room
- Projection room
- Cafeteria with breakfast, lunch and snacks
There are two types of accommodation available for this programme:
- Single or shared room
- Private or shared bathroom
- Full board
- Travel time to school: 10 minutes (on-site residence). Supervisors accompany the campers to school
- Located in the city centre or main campus
- Capacity: 200 students
- Deposit to be paid on arrival, refunded by the school at the end of your stay provided no damage is caused
Services and facilities:
- Each room has a wardrobe, sink, desk, lamp, single bed, chest of drawers and mirror
- TV room
- Rooms cleaned every week
- Bedlinens provided and changed once a week (towels not provided)
- Washing machines available
- 24hr supervision
Shared room, shared bathroom and full board.
Travel time to school: maximum 45 minutes (30 on average) by bus.
Most host families live in residential areas outside the city centre. All the areas are well-connected with good public transport services. Students will take public transport to get to school.
- Bedlinens provided
- Laundry: your host family will let you use their laundry facilities once a week or let you know their laundry day
- Students will take part in 3 evening activities per week. The other evenings are spent with your host family
Dates & Prices 2017
Programmes run from Sunday to Sunday, for a minimum of two weeks.
Dates: 18 June - 27 August 2017 (homestay & residence - Multi-activity programme)
Last arrivals: August 13.
Including course, board and room as described, activity programme, roundtrip transfer, all school taxes & enrolment feesBook Now
|Lessons, activities & full board accommodation|
|2 weeks||1,995 €||2,195 €|
|3 weeks||2,795 €||2,995 €|
|4 weeks||3,595 €||3,795 €|
|Extra week||700 €||750 €|
|Transfers - Each way|
|St Pancras||125 €|
|Transfers are included if arriving at Heathrow, Stansted or Gatwick within the scheduled times|
|UM supplement (unaccompanied minor) - Each way||50 €|
- 20 English lessons
- Supervised activity programme
- Residence or homestay accommodation, shared room, full board
- 1 or 2 day excursions
- 1 half-day excursion
- Welcome pack
- Placement test
- Course materials
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- Airport transfers from Stansted or Heathrow if arrival/departure on Sundays. For arrivals/departures on other days or from other airports, please see the price list
Prices do not include:
- Round trip transportation to Cambridge
- Airport transfers
- Transport in and around Cambridge if homestay (around £15 per week)
- Visa fees
- Residence deposit
Transport to Cambridge
- London Heathrow (preferred airport)
- Cambridge Station
- St. Pancras International (Eurostar)
- London Gatwick
- London Stansted
Transfers are included from Heathrow or Stansted airports to accommodation.
Transfers are not included for other airports or St. Pancras station.
Please note: Do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.