This programme is aimed at young people from 16 to 20 years old who want to improve their English while participating in an activity programme and having free time to visit the island at their leisure. This programme is designed for students who are already used to being independent because supervision is not 24/7: outside of lessons and activities the students have unsupervised free time.
This programme of lessons consists of 20 English lessons (45 minutes each) per week, which take place alternatively in the mornings and afternoons.
Students are put into international groups of 15 participants (maximum) depending on their level. Lessons are focused mainly on confidence and speaking English. The school's success lies in the interactive nature of the lessons and the excellent level of teaching.
On arrival students sit a placement test to assess their proficiency and ensure they are placed in the right class.
The activities are varied and adapted to the Maltese environment. A one week stay includes three half days and three evenings of activities. Stays of two weeks include a full day excursion.
Cultural Activities: visit to Mdina, excursion to Comino, visit Valetta and explore the Maltese culture.
Sports Activities: Splash & Fun Water Park, Go-karting, water sports, beach.
Evenings: barbecue, evening on a boat, Maltese dinner, themed evening...
Optional activities (additional charge):
- Day trip to Sicily: Guided visit to Etna included.
- Diving option 4 half days per week, available to beginners (PADI Beginners) as well as advanced divers (PADI Advanced). This option is a substitute for the classic activity programme.
- Adventure Activity Package: Horse riding, a full day on a boat, observation and discovery of maritime species.
- Saturday or Sunday: arrival
- Monday: Placement test and morning lessons, afternoon outing to water park, welcome evening
- Tuesday: Free time in the morning, afternoon lessons, Maltese evening
- Wednesday: Morning lessons, afternoon visit to Mdina, free time in the evening
- Thursday: Free time in the morning, afternoon lessons, go-karting in the evening
- Friday: Morning lessons, water sports in the afternoon, free time in the evening
- Saturday: Optional excursion or free time
Malta is a spectacular island located in the crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean and is the perfect place to study English all year round. Its Mediterranean climate, gorgeous bays and tranquil villages make it a haven of serenity. If you're looking for something more active, Malta also boasts a rich and lengthy history, bars, shops and restaurants galore and buzzing nightlife.
English is one of the two official languages on the island, stemming from two centuries of British rule. Malta's most-read paper is the English-language Malta Times, and the Maltese drive on the left. If you're looking for sea, sand and sun as well as top-notch English lessons, Malta is the place for you!
Our partner school
Our partner school is located in the heart of St Julian's, close to the train station. The premises is composed of three buildings totalling seventy pleasant classrooms all fitted with air conditioning and interactive boards. In between classes you can enjoy the view from terrace on the rooftop or grab a cup of coffee on the ground floor. The school has a language center area equipped with video material, a library, computers with internet access and a study room. In short, it is the ideal school to practise your English in a Mediterranean setting.
Students stay in a hotel located 10 minutes away from the school (by public transport) and next to the beach and shops.
Each room has three single beds, a bathroom and air conditioning.
The hotel offers students two meals a day: breakfast and an evening meal. Full-board is available for an additional charge.
Group leaders also stay in the same residence, however no activities are planned within the residence during free time.
Please note : A €50 refundable deposit is payable on arrival.
Prices & Dates 2017
This programme takes place from 17 June to 26 August 2017. The stays take place from Saturday to Saturday or from Sunday to Sunday, for a minimum duration of one week.
FULL (no vacancies) between July 9th and July 22nd
The school is closed (lessons will not take place and cannot be refunded) on the following dates: 29/06, 15/08.
All taxes and enrolment fees includedBook Now
|Lessons, activities & accommodation in residence - Shared room, half-board|
|1 week||615 €|
|2 weeks||1,235 €|
|3 weeks||1,855 €|
|4 weeks||2,470 €|
|Options - Per week|
|Additional night||95 €|
- 20 English lessons per week
- Accommodation in residence, triple room, half-board
- Excursion and activity programme
- Supervised excursions, activities and lessons
- Transfers from Malta airport
- Course materials
- Administrative fees.
Prices do not include:
- Travel to the destination
- Personal expenses
- Optional activities
- Local transport (around €15 per week).
Arrivals: Saturday or Sunday
Departures: Saturday or Sunday
- Arrival Airport: Malta International Airport
Airport transfers available on request (fees apply, see Dates & Prices 2017 tab)
Please note: Do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.