This programme is aimed at young people from 16 to 20 years old who want to improve their English while participating in an activity programme and having free time to visit the island at their leisure. This programme is designed for students who are already used to being independent because there is not 24 hour supervision: outside of lessons and activities the students have unsupervised free time.
This programme of lessons consists of 20 English lessons (45 minutes each) per week, which take place alternatively in the mornings and afternoons.
Students are put into international groups of 15 participants (maximum) depending on their level. Lessons are focused mainly on confidence and speaking English. The school's success lies in the interactive nature of the lessons and the excellent level of teaching.
On arrival students are evaluated in order to determine their level of English and so that they can be placed in an appropriate class.
The activities are varied and adapted to the Maltese environment. A one week stay includes three half days and three evenings of activities. Stays of two weeks include a full day excursion.
Cultural Activities: visit to Mdina, excursion to Comino, visit Valetta and explore the Maltese culture.
Sports Activities: Splash & Fun Water Park, Go-karting, water sports, beach.
Evenings: barbecue, evening on a boat, Maltese dinner, themed evening...
Optional activities (additional charge):
- A day in Sicily: Guided visit to Etna included.
- Diving option 4 half days per week, available to beginners (PADI Beginners) as well as advanced divers (PADI Advanced). This option is a substitute for the classic activity programme.
- Adventure Activity Package: Horse riding, a full day on a boat, observation and discovery of maritime species.
- Saturday or Sunday: arrival
- Monday: Level evaluation and morning lessons, afternoon outing to water park, welcome evening
- Tuesday: Free time in the morning, afternoon lessons, Maltese evening
- Wednesday: Morning lessons, afternoon visit to Mdina, free time in the evening
- Thursday: Free time in the morning, afternoon lessons, go-karting in the evening
- Friday: Morning lessons, water sports in the afternoon, free time in the evening
- Saturday: Optional excursion or free time
The island of Malta is in the heart of the Mediterranean and is the perfect place to study English. Due to its strategic location, Malta has been occupied by the Phoenicians, Arabs, Romans, the French and the English. All of whom left their mark on the island, to the delight of contemporary visitors.
Malta boasts a Mediterranean climate, clear blue seas, an extensive history, pretty villages and countryside but also many cafés and restaurants as well as a lively night life.
English, the official language on the island (with Maltese), is inherited from from centuries of British colonisation. The most popular newspaper is the Malta Times, which is published in English, and the Maltese also drive on the left. Our teachers in Malta are all native English speakers and are qualified to teach English as a foreign language. Malta represents the perfect compromise between learning and relaxation.
Our partner school is located in the heart of St Julians' district, close to the train station. The premises is composed of three buildings totalling seventy pleasant classrooms all fitted with air conditioning and interactive boards. In between classes you can enjoy the view from terrace on the rooftop or grab a cup of coffee on the ground floor. The school has a language center area equipped with video material, a library, computers with internet access and a study room. In short, it is the ideal school to practise your English in a Mediterranean setting.
Students stay in a hotel located 10 minutes away from the school (by public transport) and next to the beach and shops.
Each room has three single beds, a bathroom and air conditioning.
The hotel offers students two meals a day: breakfast and an evening meal. Full-board is available for an additional charge.
Group leaders also stay in the same residence, however no activities are planned within the residence during free time.
Please note : A 50€ returnable fee will be needed on arrival.
Prices & Dates 2015
This programme takes place from 20th June to 30th August 2015. The stays take place from Saturday to Saturday or from Sunday to Sunday, for a minimum duration of one week.
The programme is full on the follwing weeks : 21/06, 28/06, 02/07, 12/07, 19/07, 26/07, 02/08 and 09/08.
The school is closed (lessons will not take place and cannot be refunded) on the following dates: 31st March, 3rd April, 29th June.
- 20 English lessons per week
- Accommodation in residence, triple room, half-board
- Excursion and activity programme
- Supervised excursions, activities and lessons
- Transfers from Malta airport
- Course materials
- Administrative fees.
Prices do not include:
- Travel to the destination
- Personal expenses
- Optional activities
- Local transport (around €15 per week).
- Arrivals: Malta International airport
- A free transfer between the airport and accommodation is available (around a 40 minute journey).
If you prefer, we can book your flights for you, please make a note of this in your booking form.
If you intend to book your own flights, we will send you the advised arrival and departure dates.
Do you need a visa for this programme? For more information please consult our page Visa Information.
Do not hesitate to contact us by telephone or email if you require any further information.