Summer camp in Madrid
Located in the heart of Iberia, vibrant Madrid is a treasure trove of historical sights and architecture where old meets new. With almost 4 million inhabitants, Madrid boasts everything a capital has to offer: shopping on the Gran Via, El Rastro flea market, exhibitions, activities and events galore.
The summer camp programme is held in the main residence of "Francisco de Vitoria University Campus" in Majadahonda, just outside Madrid. The campus'large sports grounds and state-of-the-art facilities make for a safe, reassuring yet fun camp experience.
- Modern classrooms
- Relaxing areas, TV lounge, IT room with computers and Internet access
- Study room
- Refectory / Cafeteria
- Sports facilities (football pitch, basketball, tennis and paddle tennis courts, multi-purpose sports grounds, gym, etc).
- Swimming pool and Riding centre nearby.
20 Spanish classes a week
- Lesson length: 45 minutes
- Class size: average 8 students (maximum 14)
- Placement test on first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of the course
- Qualified native Spanish teachers to foreign students
- Language levels: beginner to advanced
Activities & excursions
Along with Spanish lessons, students take part in a whole range of exciting sports, Spanish culture and leisure activities during their stay. During the activity programme, students are divided into 3 different age groups - 5-10s, 11-14s and 15-17s
Some of the many activities available include:
Culture and leisure activities every afternoon: guided tour of Madrid, dance workshop, theatre workshop, El Escorial Palace, Aquapark, Prado Museum, etc
Various sports: swimming, beach sports, basketball, volleyball, archery, Frisbee, capoeira, badminton, etc.
Day trips: visit of Toledo, Avila, Segovia, Salamanca, etc.
Evening activities: barbecue, movie night, disco, theme night, treasure hunt, shows (concerts, plays, talent show)
Please find below a sample of day schedule (given as example only and subject to modification):
Optional Extras (please note students may only choose one option per session of 2 weeks)
1. Sports Options (per session of 2 weeks):
- Tennis: 12 lessons
- Paddle tennis: 12 lessons
- Horse riding: 12 lessons
- Football: 16 lessons
2. Optional creative Workshops (per session of 2 weeks):
- YouTube & social media: 16 lessons
Learn how to make your own short films and get creative in a team then edit and share your film on social networks with people all over the world. These classes are taught in Spanish, so a good level of oral comprehension is required in order to participate.
- Robot workshop: 12 lessons
Build your own robot using skills in maths, science, technology and engineering. This workshop develops students' creative skills and their ability to work within a team.
Please note that due to scheduling conflicts, students who enroll in these optional programmes may not always be able to participate in all of the other camp activities
- Single or shared rooms
- Bathroom and toilet in each room
- Full board
- On-site residence
- Capacity: 120 to 180 students
- Located in a quiet residential area on the Francisco de Vitoria University Campus of Majadahonda on Carretera Pozuelo, just outside Madrid
- Laundry service: once every 2 weeks Note: students should bring a laundry bag and their clothes should be labelled
Dates & Prices 2019
Summer Sessions : from June 16 to August 10
Sessions start dates: June 16 and 30, July 14 and 28
Camp sessions last for 2 weeks ; 4-weeks sessions are also available.
- 20 Spanish lessons per week
- Residence accommodation
- Full board
- Course materials and textbook
- Sports, culture and leisure activities
- Madrid Airport/train station transfers to and from accommodation
- 24hr supervision
- All school taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Transport to and from Madrid
- Optional sports or workshops
- Local transport in and around Madrid
- Visa fees (if any)
- Optional Insurances
Arrival/departure Airports and Stations:
Madrid Barajas Airport and all train and coach stations : roundtrip transfer to and from accommodation included
Please note: Do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course.
Permission to leave the grounds (15+ only)
Camp staff and directors are aware that many senior campers enjoy a certain level of freedom at home and expect to be able to meet with friends and go off-campus in an unsupervised fashion. For this reason we allow our students a limited number of unaccompanied trips off-campus during each 2-week session.
Students must be over 15 and present a signed consent form from their parents in order to be granted permission to leave the grounds unaccompanied by an adult until 22.30 only 3 times per session of 2 weeks. The specific days are determined by the camp director.
Students under 15 and students over 15 without a signed parental consent form, will not be allowed to leave the grounds.
The whole course and activity programme is well structured and consistent enough so that the students are well occupied most of their time.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.