Language programme in Salamanca
Salamanca, UNESCO-listed since 1988, is famous throughout Spain for its prestigious university in addition to its beautifully preserved old town. Salmantinos are renowned for their Spanish language courses, and Salamanca draws students from all over the world every year. Language credentials aside, Salamanca is perfect for peaceful strolls by the river in the "almost permanent" summer sun.
The summer camp programme is held in the "historic heart" of Salamanca's old town, in a U shaped 5 storey 16th century building with breathtaking views over the neighbouring Las Bernardas church and a historical indoor patio.
- Wide events room
- TV room
- Games room
- Football pitch, basketball, handball, volleyball and pelota courts, rollerskating rink
The local public swimming pool will also be accessible (participants are always accompanied and supervised by monitors).
20 Spanish lessons per week
- Lesson length: 45 minutes
- Class size: average 8 students (maximum 14)
- Placement test on first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of the course
- Qualified native Spanish teachers to foreign students
- Language levels: beginner to advanced
Activities & excursions
Along with Spanish lessons, students take part in a whole range of exciting sports, Spanish culture and leisure activities during their stay. During the activity programme, students are divided into 4 different age groups - 5-10s, 11-14s, 15-16s and 17-18s.
Some of the many activities available include:
Culture and leisure activities every afternoon: guided tour of Salamanca, Casa de las Conchas, the Cathedral, etc.
Various sports: swimming, basketball, volleyball, frisbee, badminton, etc.
Day trips: visit of Burgos, Avila, Segovia, Ciudad Rodrigo, the typical and picturesque villages of La Alberca, Alba de Tormes, et.
Evening activities: barbecue, movie night, disco, theme night, shows (concerts, plays, talent show), etc.
Please find below a sample of day schedule (given as example only and subject to modification):
Optional Extras (please note students may only choose one option per session of 2 weeks)
Sports Options (per session of 2 weeks):
- Tennis: 12 lessons
- Paddle tennis: 12 lessons
- Horse riding: 12 lessons
Please note that due to scheduling conflicts, students who enroll in these optional programmes may not always be able to participate in all of the other camp activities.
- Single or shared room
- Toilet and wash basin in every bedroom
- Shared bathrooms on both residence floors
- Full board
- On-site residence (5 minutes walk from classrooms)
- Capacity: 150 students
- Located within the campus
- Laundry service: once every 2 weeks. Note: students should bring a laundry bag and their clothes should be labelled.
Dates & Prices 2020
Summer Sessions : from June 26 to August 01
Camp sessions last for 2 weeks ; 4-weeks sessions are also available.
All taxes and enrolment fees includedBook now
|Language classes, full board residence accommodation, activity programme & transfers|
|Sport options (for 2 weeks)|
|Tennis (12 lessons / 2 weeks)||200|
|Paddle tennis (12 lessons / 2 weeks)||200|
|Horse riding (12 lessons / 2 weeks)||250|
|Round trip transfer from Madrid (both ways)||150|
- 20 Spanish lessons per week
- Residence accommodation
- Full board
- Course materials and textbook
- Sports, culture and leisure activities
- Salamanca airport or station roundtrip transfers to and from accommodation
- 24hr supervision
- All school taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Transport to and from Salamanca
- Optional sports
- Public transport in and around Salamanca
- Visa fees (if any)
- Optional insurances
Arrival/departure airports or stations:
- Salamanca Airport: return bus transfers included
- Madrid Barajas Airport or Madrid train and coach stations: transfers available on request, see Prices & Dates 2019 tab
Please note: do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course.
Permission to leave the grounds (15+ only)
Students must be at least 15 and present a signed consent form from their parents in order to be granted permission to leave the grounds unaccompanied by an adult until 22.30 only 3 times per session of 2 weeks. The specific days are determined by the camp director.
Students under 15 and students over 15 without a signed parental consent form, will not be allowed to leave the grounds.
The whole course and activity programme is organised in order to occupy the students' timetable as much as possible.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.