Our Dutch & Activity programme in Belgium is a fun and engaging way for 10-17 year old to learn Dutch and take part in a varied, specifically designed activity programme. Children are fully supervised and are surrounded by friendly, approachable teachers and camp counselors in a safe and secure campus environment. This programme is perfect for a first study abroad experience, especially for younger learners.
Campers are international and diverse, giving all participants the chance to make lasting international friendships and learn about other cultures while improving their Dutch in the meantime.
Please note : some activity options are only available at specific dates. See Dates & Prices tab for details.
Language lessons : general information
- Minimum stay: 1 week
- Class duration: 50 minutes
- Students per class: average of 12
- Placement test on Sunday arrival
- Bank holidays: July 21 & August 15 (the programme may vary depending on these dates)
- Activities: 2 hours every afternoon
Several options are offered:
Dutch & Culture: the most intensive option with 3 Dutch lessons per day with particular focus on oral communication alongside excursions to the coast/Bruges and sports, leisure & evening activities. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn all about Flanders and Belgian culture in general while improving your Dutch skills.
Dutch & Sports: 3 Dutch lessons per day plus 10 hours of your chosen activity per week. Activities are taught and monitored by professional Flemish instructors. Also includes evening activities.
Dutch & Tennis: Tennis lessons are held at established sports clubs in the area - Brughia TC (Bruges) or Centre Laguna de Heist (Knokke). Both clubs have indoor tennis courts in case of bad weather.
Dutch & Horse Riding: Lessons are held at De Blauwe Zaal, one of Belgium's biggest riding schools. The school has two indoor riding areas and around 100 horses.
Dutch & Multisports: Can include hockey, basketball, ping-pong, squash, football, beach volleyball and kayak lessons, weather permitting and depending on each group's preferences.
Dutch & Windsurfing: Windsurfing lessons are held at the VVW Water Sports Club in Bruges. Groups of 8-10 students. All materials (surfboard, life jacket) are provided. To participate, students must provide a swimming certificate or be able to swim 100 metres.
- Dutch exams preparation. This personalized programme includes 5 Dutch lessons per day (3 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon).
This option is ideal for :
- Preparing for an entrance exam
- Those wishing to hand in Dutch coursework
- Working on frequently occurring problems
- Preparing for a language level upgrade
This preparation can really make all te difference! From the lessons review programme given by the student's regular teacher (to send us prior to the course) a tutor will determine all the points and insights that need to be developed so as to work out a personalized programme every morning. The reviewed subject is then studied and tested on a daily basis and before the evening meal.
- Combo Course: students who want to stay for several weeks while changing afternoon activities can try our Combo Course (for example one-week Dutch & Culture course followed by a one-week Dutch & Sports course). Just make a note to specify your required Combo Course on the booking form.
Lessons & supervised activities
This school provides top quality language tuition to all its students. Classes are held in small groups and activities are always fun and engaging to help young learners in picking up the vocabulary, comprehension and practice of the language quickly.
Organised activities are offered to the participants every evening (films, bowling, games without frontiers, table tennis, pools, table-soccer, etc.). Younger students are coached by bilingual teachers who are able to communicate with them in their mother tongue, if necessary.
Bruges (or Brugge in Flemish) is a beautifully-preserved medieval trade city built over a network of narrow canals and waterways. Often referred to as "the Venice of the North", this UNESCO World Heritage site's inspiring backdrop offers the perfect environment for young learners to improve their language skills while making the most of their holidays in an idyllic location. Located about ten kilometers from the North Sea, Bruges is also a popular seaside destination with bike paths and sandy beaches.
Camp stays take place at "Aan de plas" Centre. It's ideally located for both lessons and sports activities, and a great starting point for exploring Bruges and further afield.
Campers are accommodated in on-site residential accommodation and have lessons in the same building. They are fully supervised by trained camp counselors.
Each of the 16 rooms in the centre (4-6 students per room) is fully-equipped and very comfortable with a view of the 39-acre lake outside. Each room includes its own ensuite bathroom with a separate toilet and free WiFi. Full board is included.
For 2-week stays or longer, there is an additional fee for the extra Saturday (day & night) - See Dates & Prices tab.
Families on holiday nearby can choose our "Day Campers" option. This includes language lessons (minus one lesson per day than the Boarders option), lunch, excursions and sports or cultural activities. The programme runs from 09.00 to 17.00 daily and all options are available. See Prices & Dates tab. for more details on the relevant discount.
Prices & Dates 2019
Courses run from Sunday-Saturday (7 days, 6 nights) and are held during the Spring/Easter and Summer holidays.
Dutch Spring Camp, in Bruges: April 07 to April 20 2019. (Dutch & Windsurfing option not available).
Dutch Summer Camp, in Bruges: every week, Sunday-Saturday, June 30 to August 31 2019. Possibility to combine several options for stays exceeding 1 week - e.g., for a 2-weeks course, 1 week Dutch & Culture, 1 week Dutch & Tennis, or Dutch & Multisports, etc.
All taxes and enrollment fees includedBook now
|Course and activities - Residence, full-board (duration 1 to 2 weeks)|
|07/04 - 13/04||575 €||575 €||625 €||690 €|
|14/04 - 20/04||575 €||575 €||625 €||690 €|
|Course and activities - Residence, full-board (duration 1 to 4 weeks)|
|Summer||Culture||Multisports||Tennis||Horse Riding / Winsurfing||Exams Preparation|
|30/06 - 06/07||595 €||595 €||645 €||710 €||-|
|07/07 - 13/07||595 €||595 €||645 €||710 €||-|
|14/07 - 20/07||595 €||595 €||645 €||710 €||-|
|21/07 - 27/07||595 €||595 €||645 €||710 €||-|
|28/07 - 03/08||595 €||595 €||645 €||710 €||-|
|04/08 - 10/08||595 €||595 €||645 €||710 €||-|
|11/08 - 17/08||595 €||595 €||645 €||710 €||710 €|
|18/08 - 24/08||595 €||595 €||645 €||710 €||710 €|
|25/08 - 31/08||595 €||595 €||645 €||710 €||-|
|Accommodation extra - If more than 1 week duration|
|Saturday to Sunday "Gap" extra night (between 2 weeks)||90 €|
|Destination||One way||Round trip|
|Zaventem Airport or Brussels-Midi Station (Thalys)||150 €||270 €|
|Charleroi Airport (Brussels South)||240 €||420 €|
|Course without accommodation, per week||165 €|
|Family discount (applicable from second child booked), per student, per stay||15 €|
- Dutch course
- Chosen afternoon activity or sport option
- Placement test on arrival and progress test at the end of the stay
- Certificate of completion at the end of the stay
- Residence accommodation, full board, shared room & shared bathroom, free Wi-Fi
- Course materials
- All sports and use of sports facilities
- All activities (daytime and evening) and weekend excursions, including transport and entrance fees
- 24 hrs supervision
- Accidents insurance
Prices do not include:
- Transport to and from the Camp in Bruges (can be organinzed from Brussels Zaventem Airport, Brussels South (Charleroi) or Bruxelles-Midi Train Station)
- Extra days Saturday to Sunday for stays over a week (see extra fee in prices tab.)
We can arrange your transfers from Brussels Zaventem Airport, Brussels South/Charleroi Airport or Bruxelles-Midi (Brussels South Station) on arrival and/or departure.
- Camper Age: The Dutch & Activities Course is a fully-inclusive programme designed specifically for children aged 8-9 (note: 8-9 years-old may attend during the first 2 weeks of July only), 10-12, 13-15 and 16-17.
- Arrivals: Sunday between 15.00 and 16.00, departures Saturday between 10.00 and 11.00
- A placement test is held on Sunday after arrival, so that students are placed in the right class and ready to begin their course from Monday morning.
- Family car park available for easy drop-off and pick-up on arrival and departure.