CERAN's Intensive Dutch Programme for Juniors & Teens uses its unique teaching methods to teach students to communicate with confidence. CERAN's teachers are all experienced and qualified native Dutch speakers, specially trained to help students progress quickly and reach their language goals. Campers are supervised and supported in and outside of classes, and encouraged to speak Dutch at all times and as much as possible (including class breaks and meals).
Campers are grouped according to their age: 9-11 years old, 12-15 years old and 16-17 years old. Class sizes have an average of 6 students (maximum 9) per class.
CERAN assesses campers' progress using the following system:
- Online Dutch test prior to departure
- Speaking assessment on the first day
- Linguistic Skills Assessment at the end of their stay
CERAN has offered individually tailored and top-quality immersion programmes to learners worldwide, from young students to professionals. It offers a broad range of programmes specially designed for maximum language progress.
One week includes:
- 28 Dutch lessons of 45 minutes in small groups (21 hours)
- 19 sessions of 60 minutes of supervised leisure activities
- Half-day excursion or leisure activities every Wednesday afternoon
Dutch language lessons:
Lessons place emphasis on:
- Listening comprehension
- Speaking: role plays (storytelling, presentations, giving opinions, debates), used by the teacher to introduce new grammar points and vocabulary
- Reading comprehension: understanding, analysing and summarising written information
- Writing: summaries, emails, essays; giving opinions, making arguments, organising ideas
Activities and excursions
Sports or recreational activities are held on Wednesday afternoons: Olympic Games, museum outings, adventure trails and much more.
Weekend activities and excursions include outings to prehistorical site Ramioul, a day at the Spa thermal springs, sightseeing in Brussels, Liège, Bruges, Cologne, Maastricht.
Located in Ferrières (region of Liège), the camp is hosted on the premises of Saint Roch College, a beautiful 18th century historical mansion that is nestled in an exceptional landscape of green lushy countryside, only a 30 minutes drive from Liège.
The camp consists in several independent immersion buildings, each with several classrooms and training rooms, a multimedia space, a dining room and a communal living room at campers disposal. They also have access to the following sports installations :
- Heated indoor pool
- Football field
- Mini football pitch
- Multi-purpose sports hall
- 2 beach volleyball courts
- 3 badminton courts
- 2 mini tennis courts
- Bocce ball court
- Table tennis hall
Accommodation in Ferrières: Campers usually stay in single rooms, but double and triple rooms are also available. All rooms have a sink, and the bathrooms are shared.
Full board is included throughout the whole duration of the stay. On excursion days, campers will be given a packed lunch. For stays of 2 weeks or more, all weekend meals are included.
Laundry service is provded twice a week.
Dates & Prices 2020
- Summer: 26/07 to 22/08 (last possible arrival on 16/08)
CERAN Discount: for all CERAN courses booked, get a €50 discount on one of our other programmes (not including CERAN programmes).
Rates exclude VAT. VAT is applicable according to the current regulations.Book now
|Course & activities - Residence accommodation, single room, full board|
|Programme - Per week||Price|
|Transfers & optional extras - Per journey|
|From Charleroi (Brussels South) airport||105|
|From Brussels Zaventem airport||105|
|From Bruxelles-Midi train station||100|
|From Liège train station||60|
|Unaccompanied minors (UM) extra||40|
- Course and activities as described
- Course and activity materials (except for sportswear)
- Online placement test prior to course start
- Linguistic Skills Assessment at the end of your stay
- Full-board accommodation from Sunday night to Saturday morning
- Laundry twice a week
- Weekend accommodation (for 2 weeks or more stays)
Prices do not include:
- Travel to CERAN
- Visa fees (if any)
- Optional insurances
Arrivals: Sunday (preferably between 16:00 and 18:00)
Departures: Saturday (between 08:30 and 12:30)
If you wish, we can organise your transfer from Charleroi (Brussels South) or Brussels Zaventem airports, as well as Brussels or Liège train stations (see Dates & Prices tab).
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.