This programme is ideal for children and teens who would like to begin learning or perfect their English.
For activities and lessons, groups are divided according to age: one for 7 - 10 year olds, and one for 11 - 15 year olds.
English language instruction
- Lesson length: 45 minutes
- 20 lessons per week (15 hours of language instruction per week)
- Class size: Maximum 16 students
- Balanced nationality mix (Spain, Russia, Korea, and many other countries)
- Schedule: alternating morning/afternoon lessons
- Placement test: first day of lessons (age and proficiency are both taken into account. The course is split into 6 levels. The test lasts 90 minutes)
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- Qualified native English teachers
Language level: absolute beginner - advanced (A1-C2)
Teaching Methods: Students will be able to use English accurately and fluently. Our partner school's methodology combines traditional language teaching with the latest teaching techniques. Students learn relevant language which they can put into immediate use. Lessons are split into Language Study classes (new vocabulary and grammar) and Language for Life (English in real-life settings). At the end of the week, students review the week's lesson content. 2 lessons a week are dedicated to a project such as writing a diary, international recipe book or play.
- Sporting activities: badminton, basketball, sports day, hockey, cricket, dodgeball, football, colour run, netball, Quidditch, swimming, ping pong, UIC Olympics, yoga, zumba, girls' sports night.
- Creative activities: cookery, baking, drama, jewellery making, drawing, fashion design, comics, dance, Japanese art, photography, T-shirt making, filmmaking, Mexixan art, magic tricks
- Cultural and Recreational Activities: Chill club (movies, board games), fashion show, Gameshow night, London by Night (optional), Talent Show, Speed Mates, X Factor, International Night, discos
- Challenges: Instagram contests, water games, recycling games, brain battles
- Conversation classes: Practise English with your fellow campers outside of the classroom
Excursions (Brighton, Christ Church, London) take place twice per week and help students explore English history and culture.
Ascot is a small town located just 20 minutes away from the centre of London, a perfect place for young children and teenagers to be in summer camp. As London is easily accessible, students can take advantage of a small, leafy British town as well as getting to know London.
London is an ideal destination for learning English and at the same time really getting to know British culture. Students can admire the famous historic monuments that attract millions of tourists every year, from tourist staples like Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, the Tower of London, and numerous free museums, like the National Gallery.
St Mary’s is located in a historic redbrick building dating back to 1885, a 15 minute walk from the centre of Ascot. The school can accommodate up to 250 students in the peak season.
St Mary's is accredited by the British Council.
School facilities include:
- Tennis courts
- 25m heated indoor pool
- 55 acres of woodland, 35 for sports
- Cinema/theatre room (seats 150)
- Squash court
- Sports hall (karaoke, treasure hunt, arts and crafts)
- Internet room
- TV/DVD room
There are no shops on campus, but the shops in Ascot city centre are a short walk away.
Students stay in an on-campus international residence with full board.
- Shared rooms (2 or 3 beds or more). Rooms sleeping 5-7 are for the younger students or groups of friends
- Sink and safe in each room
- Toilets and showers shared by 5 students max.
- Full board (continental breakfast, 2 options at lunch and dinner including a vegetarian option)
- On-site residence
- 15 minutes from Ascot city centre
- Capacity: 250 students
Facilities and services:
- IT room
- Study room
- TV room
- Sports grounds
- 24hr supervision, Group Leaders present
- Laundry service (students should bring laundry detergent)
Dates & Prices 2016
Camp runs 10 July-21 August 2016. Students can stay for 2 or 3 weeks (1-week stays available on request, subject to availability).
All taxes and enrolment fees includedBook Now
|Lessons, activities & accommodation in residence - Shared room, full-board|
|1 week||875 €|
|2 weeks||1,720 €|
|3 weeks||2,375 €|
|Arrival/Departure airport transfers|
|Other London airports & Eurostar||280 €|
- 15 hours of English language instruction
- Activity programme and excursions
- Residence accommodation, shared room, full board
- Placement test
- Course materials
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- WiFi from 1-9pm daily, plus access to the IT room in the evening
- All taxes and administrative fees
Prices do not include:
- Round trip transportation to London
- Airport transfers
- Visa fees
Arrival: Sunday - Departure: Sunday
Travel to London
- Arrival: London (all airports, preferably Heathrow, or St.Pancras station)
Travel time to St Mary's
- London Heathrow: 30 minutes (taxi)
- London Gatwick: 45 minutes (taxi)
- London Stansted: 1h45 (taxi)
- London St Pancras: 55 minutes (taxi)
Airport transfers available on request (fees apply, see price list)
Please note: Do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.