As the cultural capital of Flanders, Antwerp is a dynamic and cosmopolitan city. The city is internationally known for its diamonds, but also for fashion, the harbour - the second most important harbour of Europe - and its universities.
Its historical center is fulled with architectural jewels, for example the beautiful Gothic and renaissance façades surrounding the town market. The culture of Antwerp in combination with its animated night life, makes this a popular destination for students.
Our partner school is situated in the center of Antwerp, in the very lively university district at just 5 minutes walking from the historical center, the shopping streets, the botanical garden and the central park. Numerous cafes, bars and restaurants can also be found nearby the school. The school is very well served by public transport (tram, metro, bus, train).
Every student receives personal attention.
The school offers:
- Modern and light classrooms
- A reception
- A kitchenette
- Ipads for all students
- 3 study rooms
- A library with a big collection of films, available for students
- Online exercises to reinforce material covered in class
- Wi-Fi connection in the whole building
The school is a registered centre for CNaVT preparation, the official Dutch as a foreign language international exam
Activities and events during your stay
The school organizes sports activities or cultural activities in the afternoon and evening. Participation is voluntary. Some activities will be free, others against cost price. The number of activities depends on the time of the year.
Some of the many activities may include:
- Museum tours (€5)
- Language exchanges with Dutch students
- Brewery Tour (€20)
- Different themed workshops (Dutch dialects, conversation, economy, debates...)
- Escape room (€20)
- Lasershooting (€20)
- Bowling (€10)
- Excursions : Amsterdam (€150), Ghent (€30), Bruges (€30), Ostend (€30)...
Dutch language courses: the basics
- Lesson duration: 40 minutes
- Number of students per class: average of 5-6 students, maximum 13
- Placement test: first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- Weekly evaluation of the progression
- Experienced and graduate teachers
- Personal attention
- Teaching method developed by the school
The school developed a dynamic and interactive method with 2 main goals:
- The acquisition of excellent grammatical bases and an extended vocabulary
- Immersion in Flemish culture by different subjects: for example current topics, scenarios (interviews, questionnaires...) and different media (television, radio, papers, the Internet)
The themes will change every week and cover different interests: science, press, communication, sports, identity...
Courses on offer
Intensive course: 30 lessons of Dutch per week
Course with a long duration: in order to encourage interaction with Dutch people, exchanges with students in 6th grade of secondary school or 1st year of higher education are regularly organised .
Language level: beginner to advanced
Private course: you can choose for 10h, 15h or 20h per week
This course is completely adapted to your goals and needs.
Language level : elementary to advanced
Module private course combined with group course: 3 x 2 hours a week
Single room, half board
The families live in residential areas in Antwerp, close to a bus, metro or tram stop.
Travel time to school: between 30 and 40 minutes by public transport
In Antwerp it´s easy to travel by bike (a bike rental service called´A-velo´ is available).
Residence (ages 17+, minimum 4 weeks stay)
Single room, self catering
Travel time to school: 10 minutes on foot
Contact us for more information
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Laundry facilities available
- 50€ deposit will have to be paid on arrival, to be refunded by the school at the end of your stay provided your room is clean and tidy with no damage
Dates & Prices 2020
Course start dates: Most courses start every Monday year-round (exceptions are outlined below.) On Bank Holiday Mondays, lessons start on Tuesdays.
Bank holidays and holidays (No lessons will take place on these dates and they will not be rescheduled. Classes will be replaced by some activities): 1/01, 13/04, 1/05, 21/05, 1/06, 21/07, 15/08, 1/11, 11/11, from the 25/12/20 to 01/01/21
Includes all taxes and enrolment feesApply
|Courses & accommodation, host family, single room, 1/2 board|
|1 week||525 €||575 €|
|2 weeks||995 €||1,095 €|
|3 weeks||1,495 €||1,650 €|
|4 weeks||1,990 €||2,190 €|
|8 weeks||3,995 €||4,400 €|
|12 weeks||5,880 €||6,480 €|
- Your chosen course
- Homestay accommodation, single room, half board
- Course materials
- Placement test and certificate of completion
- The Welcome Pack
- All taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel to/from Antwerp
- Local transportation
- Activities (between €10 and €15 per activity)
- Optional insurances
- Berchem Station (Antwerp), it´s recommended to take a taxi to the host family
If you intend to travel by car, please notify your hosts to arrange your arrival time.
Card for public transport (on name) :
- Monthly card : 23€
- 10 trips: 9€
A-velo : it´s free for 30 minutes - payment per credit card