We aim to develop musical skils and bring out the creative potential of students ages 10 - 16. Students come from all over the world, including the UK to practice playing a musical instrument, sing, dance and play sports. The program includes rehearsals, practices, workshops and performances, as well as participation in the end-of-session recital.
Our two schools have music practice rooms, a recording studio, a computer room, as well as modern classrooms, sports facilities, playgrounds and a theater.
The Clayesmore School is open to students ages 10 to 16. More details on the school's official website.. The school has 18 tennis courts, football fields, golf, rugby and sports centers including a squash court and swimming pool. Ther is also an 18-hole golf cours and a horseback riding stables.
Sports Offered: Basketball, dance, horseback riding, rugby, football, golf, tennis.
Seaford programs are available for students ages 10 to 16 years. More details on the school's official website. The school is equipped with 7 tennis courts, a 9-hole golf course, a hockey field, several football fields, squash courts, sports halls and an outdoor swimming pool. Nearby facilities include a 9 or 18-hole golf course, a tennis center with indoor courts and horseback riding.
Sports Offered: Dance, golf, field hockey, football, tennis.
It is advised that students already have experience playing an instrument or singing. Instruments are available for rent (between £30 and £80 depending on the instrument) but it is recommended that students bring their own bring their own instrument.
Groups are small, with between 4 to 14 participants.
The program is organized as follows:
Mornings: 15 hours a week of instruction and practice of their chosen musical instrument.
Afternoons: 15 hours a week of English language lessons in the student's appropriate level.
The school offers three music courses to choose from, with each 3 hours of practice per day:
- Orchestra (all instruments): develop new and existing skills particularly in ensemble playing, improve performance techniques, build on existing sight reading skills and have the opportunity to play in an orchestral environment.
- Jazz Band (Guitar, trumpet, trombone, saxophone, piano, bass & drums): develop skills in reading charts and improvising, play and learn to perform alongside our professional musicians and experience working in a studio environment.
- Choir (all voices): enjoy singing a range of musical genres within a choir, learn to sing in English, practice singing in harmony and sectional groups and have one-to-one tuition.
- Music & English:
15 hours of music + 15 hours of English classes per week.
- Music & Sport:
15 hours of sports + 15 hours of music per week. Students choose one sport from dance, golf, soccer, hockey or tennis. Our staff include teachers, coaches and talented university-aged student-athletes with a passion for sports and working with young people.
- Music & Sports:
15 hours of music + 15 hours of multi-sport per week. Students can play up to 2 additional sports per day. They can choose between squash, climbing, archery, self defense, and volleyball.
- Dance: Pop, jazz, contemporary...Final dance recital at end of session
- Golf: Review of all aspects of the sport: stance, swing, putting, etiquette... At the end of each term, a Ryder Cup tournament is organized within the school
- Football: Goal to improve control of the ball and team playing. A match is organized at the end of each week.
- Field Hockey: Goal to improve individual and group game. At the end of each week, players are retested to see how they have progressed. The coaches are all members of the HA and led by an experienced head coach.
Practice takes place on artificial playing fields, with one instructor for 10 students.
- Tennis: Reviews all aspects of the game: stance, grip, serving to lobbing and getting around the court. Students have the occasion to play on different surfaces. A tournament is organized at the end of every week.
After a full day of instruction, practice, or rehearsal, students enjoy well-earned rest and relaxation. Our entertainment team makes sure there is plenty of choice and something for everyone. Younger students stay on campus at all times but older ones (15-16) may go on evening excursions to the cinema or bowling, accompanied by staff. Those staying for longer than one week will enjoy weekend culture trips and excursions - all included in the price.
Students stay in a student residence/dormitory. Each floor is divided by gender. Rooms come complete with a bed, desk, chair, and a lockable closet. The students can choose between a private room or a shared room with two or more people. Individual rooms are available but there are very few and they are usually reserved for older participants. Bathrooms are shared.
- 3 healthy meals are served every day, with a variety of menu options available, including a salad bar. The camp can also cater to special diets.
- Barbecues are arranged once a week.
- The camp shop provides students with the opportunity to stock up on snacks and drinks as well as other essential items.
Prices & Dates
Clayesmore programs run Sunday to Saturday from 7 July to 10 August 2013.
Seaford programs run Sunday to Saturday from 7 July to 24 August 2013.
Places are limited!
Including all taxes & enrollment feesClick here to register
|Price - Courses & Housing in Residence|
|1 week||1,395 €|
|2 weeks||2,595 €|
|3 weeks||3,845 €|
|Accompanied travel and transfers|
|Roundtrip from Brussels/Mons/Calais||465 €|
|Roundtrip from Paris (transf. a/r included)||595 €|
|One way (Brussels)||265 €|
|Transfer London airport (one way)||90 €|
|Transfer Gatwick Airport - London (one way)||170 €|
- The selected music & lessons program
- Accommodation in a single or double room.
- Full-board (3 meals per day) at the college
- Activity and excursion program
- Around-the-clock supervision
Prices do not include:
- Transfer from station or airport
Please note! If you book your own transportation then please pay attention to the arrival times which are between 10am and 2pm on Sunday and the departure times which are from 12pm until 5pm on Saturday. There will be an additional charge for all transfers outside of these times.
- Arrival airports: Southampton (SOU), Bournemouth (BOH), all London airports, Stansted Station
- Transfer available upon request (see price table)
Easy Languages can book your flights for you. Please make sure to note this in your enrollment form.
If you decide to book your own flights, try to make sure to arrive between 10am and 2pm on Sunday and to depart between noon and 5pm on Saturdays.
EU residents do not need a visa to enter the UK. A valid passport will suffice.
Non-EU visitors can apply for a Student Visitor Visa to enter the UK. It is valid for 6 months, even if you intend to stay for less time. It does not entitle you to work. We do not include any VISA application fees in our prices. For more information, either inquire at your local British Embassy or consult the following website: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk
For any further information or questions, please contact Easy Languages by following this link: Contact Us