Aix-en-Provence is a little slice of Paris in the heart of Provence. Dashing and debonair, Aix boasts a rich history and culture in spades, and enjoys a balmy Mediterranean climate year-round, with mild winters and long, sunshine-filled summer days. The town dates back to Roman times, with some original buildings still standing in the heart of the old town today.
Aix-en-Provence is also the birthplace of renowned French painter Paul Cézanne, making it the perfect destination for art lovers. Its chic shops, tree-lined boulevards and fine dining options make for a relaxing and refined stay in this most well-heeled of Southern towns – the tony society lady to Marseille's rough-and-ready fishlass.
Our partner school
Our partner school has over 30 years' experience teaching French as a Foreign Language. The school is located 5 minutes from the city centre on foot and two bus stops are located immediately outside.
The student body is multicultural and diverse and lessons focus on intercultural exchange as well as language learning. All teachers are qualified and experienced to ensure the highest standard of classes. In-class materials include realia and outside activities based on daily French life are organized on a regular basis.
The school is accredited by SOUFFLE, EAQUALS and IALC and is officially recognized as a quality-assured French language school by the French Ministry of Education.
School facilities include:
- 16 fully-equipped classrooms
- Air conditioning
- Outdoor terrace
Activities and events during your stay
You will enjoy a varied calendar of social and leisure activities every week, in the afternoon or during the evening. Attendance is optional. Many of these activities are free of charge, however, some may charge a fee. All activities are subject to change without notice and may be offered seasonally.
Some of the many activities available include:
- Guided tour of Aix-en-Provence
- Cookery and wine-tasting classes
- Guided tour of the local market
- Pâtisserie, writing and language workshops
- Pétanque tournament with apéritif
- Sailing (can be arranged year-round, though summer is the main season)
- Day trips or half-day trips to Arles, Avignon, Cassis, Marseille, Saint-Tropez, Baux-de-Provence, Camargue, Pont du Gard, Luberon, etc.
French language courses: the basics
- Lesson length: 45 minutes
- Class size: 10 students (4 maximum for business French)
- Schedule: morning and/or afternoon lessons
- Placement test: first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- Qualified native French teachers
Courses on offer
Standard Course: 20 lessons per week Minimum stay: 2 weeks (8 maximum for B1-C1 language ability students and 10 weeks for other levels.)
Monday-Friday morning lessons (9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m., 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.) will give you a practical understanding of the French language and take you all the way to fluency. See your confidence improve as France Langue trains you in all four communication skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Language level: A1-C1
Intensive Course: 20 group lessons + 10 mini-group lessons Minimum stay: 2 weeks (8 maximum)
Includes the above Standard French classes, and also allows you to personalise your course by taking an additional 10 mini-group lessons per week across a selection of electives: speaking, French culture, conversation, creative workshops, practising French outside of the classroom, pronunciation, grammar, games, etc. Lessons are held Monday-Friday, in the morning (9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m., 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.) or afternoon (2:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m. 4 times per week and 4 p.m.-4:45 p.m. 2 times per week.)
Language level: A2-C1. Please note this course is not available for complete beginners.
Standard Course + 10 or 15 private lessons Minimum stay: 2 weeks (8 maximum)
Includes the above Standard French classes, and also allows you to personalise your course by taking an additional 10 or 15 private lessons tailored to your language needs.
Language level: A1-C1
Exam Preparation Course (DELF, DALF, TCF) Minimum stay: 2 weeks (8 maximum)
Exam preparation courses include the standard French course or private lessons. The course combines 4 private lessons per week with at least 6 hours of supervised independent DELF, DALF or TCF preparation per week. Please see the Dates & Prices 2016 tab for exam preparation course start dates and exam dates.
Language level: A2, B1 and B2; C1 and C2 on request, subject to availability.
Private lessons are tailored to your individual language needs and goals, whether standard or business French or exam preparation. Lessons are are flexible and arranged based on your schedule.
Language level: A1-C1
Standard Course or 20 Private Lessons + Optional Activities Length: 2 weeks
Includes the above Standard French classes or 20 private lessons with an optional afternoon activity of your choice. Options available include:
Explore Provençal Cuisine (approx. 16 hours per week)
- Explore Provence (approx. 24 hours per week)
- Explore Provence on foot (approx. 17 hours per week)
- Painting Workshop (approx. 12 hours per week)
- Golf (10 hours per week)
Horseriding (12 hours per week)
Language level: A1-C1
Intensive Business French Course: 35 lessons per week Length: 2 weeks
Lessons are held Monday-Friday, in the morning (9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m., 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.) or afternoon (2:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m., 4 p.m.-4:45 p.m.) Lessons are tailored to your individual language needs and focus on speaking, business vocabulary and grammar.
- Drawing up reports and memos, note-taking, speeches
- French business culture
Single room, shared or private bathroom and half board.
Travel time to our partner school: Our partner school's carefully selected host families live 20 minutes from the school by bus or 30 minutes on foot.
Linens/towels provided. Towels are changed every week, linens are changed every 2 weeks.
Laundry: your host family will let you use their laundry facilities once a week or let you know their laundry day.
Residence accommodation (May-September)
- Single occupancy studio (20 m²) or 2- or 3-person shared flat
- Toilet and shower in each studio
- Travel time to school: approx. 25 minutes on foot
- Located in the city centre, near the cours Mirabeau and the Rotonde, the tourist office and bibliothèque Méjanes. A bus stop and train station are located nearby.
- Deposit to be paid on arrival (see Dates & Prices 2016 tab), refunded at the end of your stay provided no damages are incurred
Facilities and services
- Fully-equipped kitchenette (mini-fridge, electric hob, microwave, coffee maker) Linens provided on request, changed every 2 weeks (students should bring their own towels)
- Fans provided on request
- Vacuum cleaner, iron and ironing board available free of charge on request
- WiFi access
- Coin laundry facilities
- Weekly cleaning service (kitchen not included); please note that outside of this service, students are responsible for cleaning their rooms. A cleaning fee of €50 will be charged at the end of your stay.
Prices & Dates 2016
Course start dates for Standard General French, Intensive General French and Standard French + 10 or 15 Private Lessons: 4/01, 18/01, 1/02, 15/02, 29/02, 14/03, 29/03, 11/04, 25/04, 9/05, 23/05, 6/06, 20/06, 4/07, 18/07, 1/08, 16/08, 29/08, 12/09, 26/09, 10/10, 24/10, 7/11, 21/11, 5/12
Course start dates for complete beginners for the Standard French Course or Standard French + 10 or 15 Private Lessons: 4/01, 14/03, 9/05, 6/06, 4/07, 1/08, 12/09, 7/11
Course start dates for the Standard French Course or Standard French + Optional Activities:
- Explore Provencal Cuisine: 29/03; 06/06; 18/07; 29/08; 7/11
- Explore Provence: 11/04, 20/06, 1/08, 12/09, 24/10
- Explore Provence on Foot: 14/03; 23/05; 26/09
- Painting, Gold, Horseriding: same start dates as General French Course
Exam Preparation Course: year-round, at your convenience.
Intensive Business French Course start dates: 15/02; 11/04; 06/06; 1/08; 26/09; 21/11
Long-term course start dates: 18/01, 14/03, 9/05, 4/07, 29/08, 24/10
Bank holidays and holidays (No lessons will take place on these dates. Lessons will be rescheduled for an afternoon of the same week. Usually, the school organizes trips on public holidays): 01/01, 28/03, 01/05, 05/05, 08/05, 16/05, 14/07, 15/08, 01/11, 11/11, 25/12
All taxes and enrolment fees includedBook Now
|Standard French course (20 lessons per week)|
|Length||Homestay, single room, half board||Residence accommodation, single room|
|2 weeks||1,250 €||1,500 €|
|3 weeks||1,825 €||2,200 €|
|4 weeks||2,365 €||2,865 €|
|6 weeks||3,285 €||4,035 €|
|8 weeks||4,195 €||5,195 €|
|16 weeks||6,925 €||-|
|24 weeks||10,110 €||-|
|French & Activities (2 weeks)|
|French & Provençal Cuisine||1,625 €|
|French & Provence On Foot||1,690 €|
|French & Painting||1,675 €|
|French & Hiking||1,545 €|
|French & Golf||1,865 €|
|Private lessons (1 lesson = 45 mins)||60 €|
|Marseille-Provence Airport (taxi)||55 €|
|Aix-en-Provence “TGV” Station (taxi)||35 €|
|Course only - enrolment fee: 75 euros|
|Length||20 lessons||30 lessons|
|2 weeks||640 €||890 €|
|3 weeks||960 €||1,335 €|
|4 weeks||1,280 €||1,780 €|
|6 weeks||1,695 €||2,445 €|
|8 weeks||2,100 €||3,100 €|
|16 weeks||2,120 €||-|
|24 weeks||4,680 €||-|
- Your chosen course and accommodation
- Single room
- Half board, if homestay
- Placement test
- Guided tour of Aix-en-Provence on your first day
- All taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel to Aix-en-Provence
- Airport transfers
- Optional extras
- Residence accommodation
- Meals, if residence accommodation
- Transportation in and around Aix-en-Provence
- Exam fees, where applicable (DELF, DALF or TCF)
- Deposit on arrival, where applicable
- Visa fees
- Optional insurance
Arrival airports and stations:
- Nice Airport
- Aix-en-Provence TGV Railway Station
Airport transfers available on request (fees apply, see Dates & Prices 2016 tab)
The school can arrange taxi transfers at a guaranteed price, payable directly to the driver, if arriving at Marseille Airport or Aix-en-Provence TGV Railway Station:
- Marseille Airport - Aix-en-Provence: €55
- Aix-en-Provence TGV Railway Station - Aix-en-Provence: €35
Shuttle Bus 2015 prices, 5 direct buses per day. Tickets can be purchased on board but we recommend advance purchase:
- Nice Airport - Aix-en-Provence Bus Station: €32.40
Shuttle Bus Prices valid until August 2016, bus every 20 minutes. Tickets can be purchased on board:
- Marseille Airport - Aix-en-Provence Bus Station: €8.20
- Aix-en-Provence TGV Railway Station - Aix-en-Provence Bus Station: €4.10
Please note: Do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.