Aix-en-Provence is a little slice of Paris in the heart of Provence. Dashing and debonair, Aix boasts a rich history and culture in spades, and enjoys a balmy Mediterranean climate year-round, with mild winters and long, sunshine-filled summer days. The town dates back to Roman times, with some original buildings still standing in the heart of the old town today.
Aix-en-Provence is also the birthplace of renowned French painter Paul Cézanne, making it the perfect destination for art lovers. Its chic shops, tree-lined boulevards and fine dining options make for a relaxing and refined stay in this most well-heeled of Southern towns – the tony society lady to Marseille's rough-and-ready fishlass.
Our partner school
Our partner school has over 30 years' experience teaching French as a Foreign Language. The school is located 5 minutes from the city centre on foot and two bus stops are located immediately outside.
The student body is multicultural and diverse and lessons focus on intercultural exchange as well as language learning. All teachers are qualified and experienced to ensure the highest standard of classes. In-class materials include realia and outside activities based on daily French life are organized on a regular basis.
The school is accredited by SOUFFLE, EAQUALS and IALC and is officially recognized as a quality-assured French language school by the French Ministry of Education.
School facilities include:
- 16 fully-equipped classrooms
- Air conditioning
- Outdoor terrace
The school is accessible to wheelchairs.
Activities and events during your stay
You will enjoy a varied calendar of social and leisure activities every week, in the afternoon or during the evening. Attendance is optional. Many of these activities are free of charge, however, some may charge a fee. All activities are subject to change without notice and may be offered seasonally.
Some of the many activities available include:
- Guided tour of Aix-en-Provence
- Cookery and wine-tasting classes
- Guided tour of the local market
- Pastery, writing and language workshops
- Bocce tournament with apéritif
- Rope park
- Sailing (can be arranged year-round, though summer is the main season)
- Day trips or half-day trips to Arles, Avignon, Cassis, Marseille, Saint-Tropez, Baux-de-Provence, Camargue, Pont du Gard, Luberon, etc.
French language courses: the basics
- Lesson length: 45 minutes
- Class size: 5 - 10 students
- Schedule: morning and/or afternoon lessons
- Placement test: first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- Qualified native French teachers
Courses on offer
Standard French Course: 20 lessons per week Minimum stay: 2 weeks (8 maximum for B1-C1 language ability students and 10 weeks for other levels)
Monday-Friday morning lessons (9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m., 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.) will give you a practical understanding of the French language and take you all the way to fluency. See your confidence improve as France Langue trains you in all four communication skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Language level: beginner to advanced (A1-C1)
Long-term courses : 20 lessons per week
Duration : 8, 16 or 24 weeks This course is designed for those who wish to strengthen their French skills. The content is mainly based on the language skills required to pass the DELF exam.
Language level : basic (A2) to upper intermediate (B2)
Intensive Course: 20 group lessons + 10 mini-group lessons (4 - 6 students)
Minimum stay: 2 weeks (8 maximum)
Includes the above Standard French classes, and also allows you to personalise your course by taking an additional 10 mini-group lessons per week across a selection of options: speaking, French culture, conversation, creative workshops, practising French outside of the classroom, pronunciation, grammar, games, etc. Lessons are held Monday-Friday, in the morning (9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m., 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.) or afternoon (2:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m. 4 times per week and 4 p.m.-4:45 p.m. twice a week.)
Language level: beginner to advanced (A1-C1)
Private lessons are tailored to your individual language needs and goals, whether standard or business French or exam preparation. Lessons are are flexible and arranged based on your schedule.
Language level: all levels
Standard Course of 20 lessons + Optional Activities Duration: 2 weeks
Includes the above Standard French classes with an optional afternoon activity of your choice. Options available include:
- Explore Provence Cuisine (approx. 16 hours per week)
- Explore Provence (approx. 20 hours per week)
- Explore Provence on foot (approx. 17 hours per week)
- Discover the artistic city of Aix-en-Provence (approx. 12 hours per week)
- Photography workshop (approx. 17 hours per week)
Language level: beginner to advanced (A1-C1)
Minimum number of students required for each option: 4
Single room, shared or private bathroom and half board.
Travel time to our partner school: Our partner school's carefully selected host families live 20 minutes from the school by bus or 30 minutes on foot.
- Linens/towels provided. Towels are changed every week, linens are changed every 2 weeks.
- Laundry: your host family will let you use their laundry facilities once a week or let you know their laundry day.
- Cleaning is made once a week
Residence accommodation (May-September only)
- Single occupancy studio (20 m²) or 2- or 3-person shared flat
- Toilet and shower in each studio
- No meals included
- Travel time to school: approx. 25 minutes on foot
- Located in the city centre, near the cours Mirabeau and the Rotonde, the post office, tourist office and Méjanes library. A bus stop and train station are located nearby.
- Deposit to be paid on arrival (see Dates & Prices tab), refunded at the end of your stay provided no damages are incurred
Facilities and services
- Fully-equipped kitchenette (mini-fridge, electric hob, microwave, coffee maker) Linens provided on request, changed every 2 weeks (students should bring their own towels)
- Fans provided on request
- Vacuum cleaner, iron and ironing board available free of charge on request
- WiFi access
- Coin laundry facilities
- Weekly cleaning service (kitchen not included); please note that outside of this service, students are responsible for cleaning their rooms. A cleaning fee of €50 will be charged at the end of your stay.
Prices & Dates 2019
Course start dates for Standard or Intensive course: 07/01, 21/01, 04/02, 18/02, 04/03, 18/03, 01/04, 15/04, 29/04, 13/05, 27/05, 11/06, 24/06, 08/07, 22/07, 05/08, 19/08, 02/09, 16/09, 30/09, 14/10, 28/10, 12/11, 25/11, 09/12
Course start dates for complete beginners for the Standard Course:07/01, 18/03, 13/05, 11/06, 08/07, 05/08, 02/09, 14/10
Long-term course start dates: 21/01, 18/03, 13/05, 08/07, 02/09, 28/10
Course start dates for Standard course + Optional Activities:
- Discover the artistic city of Aix-en-Provence: 04/03, 19/08, 14/10
- Explore Provence Cuisine: 01/04, 13/05, 30/09
- Explore Provence: 18/03, 24/06, 02/09
- Explore Provence on Foot: 01/04, 11/06, 16/09
- Photography workshop: 18/03, 13/05, 22/07, 30/09
Bank holidays and holidays (No lessons will take place on these dates. Lessons will be rescheduled for an afternoon of the same week. Usually, the school organizes trips on public holidays): 01/01, 22/04, 01/05, 08/05, 30/05, 10/06, 14/07, 15/08, 01/11, 11/11, 25/12
All taxes and enrolment fees includedApply
|Lessons & accommodation in a host family, single room, half board|
|Duration||20 L||30 L|
|2 weeks||1,280 €||1,530 €|
|3 weeks||1,855 €||2,230 €|
|4 weeks||2,385 €||2,885 €|
|6 weeks||3,315 €||4,065 €|
|8 weeks||4,235 €||5,235 €|
|10 weeks||5,055 €||-|
|16 weeks||7,245 €||-|
|24 weeks||10,590 €||-|
|Lessons + optional activities & accommodation in a host family, single room, half board|
|Photography workshop||1,595 €|
|Explore Provence on foot||1,605 €|
|Explore Provence Cuisine||1,615 €|
|Discover the artistic city of Aix-en-Provence||1,620 €|
|Explore Provence||1,620 €|
|Private lessons (1 lesson = 45 min)||55 €|
|Residence accommodation||Please contact us|
|Taxi transfers (per trip) to be paid directly to the driver|
|Marseille-Provence airport||60 €|
|Aix-en-Provence TGV railway station||40 €|
- Your chosen course and accommodation
- Single room and half board with a host family
- Placement test
- Guided tour of Aix-en-Provence on your first day
- All taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel to Aix-en-Provence
- Airport transfers
- Visa fees
- Optional insurance
Arrival airports and stations:
- Aix-en-Provence TGV Railway Station
Airport transfers available on request (fees apply, see Dates & Prices tab)
The school can arrange taxi transfers at a guaranteed price, payable directly to the driver if arriving at:
- Marseille Airport Provence to Aix-en-Provence city centre
- Aix-en-Provence TGV Railway Station to Aix-en-Provence city centre
Please note: Do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.