Paris, City of Lights
The french capital city exerts an irresistible attraction. Paris is known for its history, art, culture, fashion, famous monuments and museums, cafes and terraces, restaurants, markets... but it also is a unique mixture of vibrant energy and intimacy. You will enjoy strolling around the various quartiers and discovering their distinct character and village feel. Paris is a place you can explore endlessly.
Our partner school
Founded in 1971, the school is located at the heart of Paris historic and artistic district, Saint-Germain-des-Prés. You will find plenty of shops, cafes and restaurants nearby as well as the famous Rive Gauche store le Bon Marché. Metro and buses are very easily accessible, making it easy to travel to and from school.
School facilities include :
- 5 bright classrooms
- Computer room
- Free WIFI access
- Lovely flowery courtyard
Accreditations : The quality Français Langue Etrangère label, the Groupement FLE & APUAF (Association of American University Programmes in France)
Activities and events during your stay
Cultural workshops are organised every Friday afternoon including regional product tastings, museum visits... Multilingual meetings are organized on Tuesday and Thursday evening where all students can practice their favourite languages with foreign of French students (from 8€, to be paid on site).
- Guided visits of the different districts of Paris off the beaten track
- Museum outings, art exhibitions, galleries
- Theater evenings, shows, musicals
- Excursions : Château de Versailles, Châteaux de la Loire, Giverny & Auvers-sur-Oise, Burgundy region, Mont-Saint-Michel & Saint-Malo...
French language courses : the basics
- Lesson length : 45 minutes
- Class size: average 14 students (16 maximum)
- Timetable: morning or afternoon lessons depending on your language level
- Placement test: first day of classes
- Certificate of participation at the end of your stay
- Regular progress evaluation
- Qualified, native French teachers
Courses on offer
Semi-intensive course : 20 general French lessons per week
The course will help you improve the 4 communication skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Workshops are an integral part of intensive classes and take place on Fridays. The goal is to reinforce what has been learnt and to practice French in a relaxed atmosphere with an emphasis on oral production. A variety of materials, such as videos and music, are used; current cultural topics are discussed. Tastings of regional French culinary products are also organised as well as cultural visits in Paris. These workshops give students access to the tools needed to decipher French society and to have a more immersive experience in Paris.
Students have homework to do every day which is then corrected by the teacher and returned to the student the following day. It amounts to an average of 5 hours per week (see details below under Methodology).
Language level: complete beginner to advanced
Intensive classes : 26 lessons of general French per week
This course is comprised of the semi-intensive course programme + 2.5 hours of linguistic workshops per week.
Combined programme: 20 lessons of General French in group classes + 4 or 10 private classes per week
This course combines the semi-intensive course with private classes allowing you to deepen your knowledge of the language according to your personal needs and goals and at your own pace.
Language level: complete beginner to advanced
The teaching style is communicative and based on students’ active participation (work in small groups, role-playing, etc.). Our teachers use recent FLE manuals but also numerous resources such as newspapers and magazine articles, as well as audio material such as French songs, recorded conversations, films, documentaries, etc. Class materials are custom made by the teachers themselves.
Each day, students have homework to do which is then corrected by the teacher and returned to the student the next day. This exercise allows students to develop written skills. It includes varied exercises (grammar, conjugation, writing, editing, etc.). At the end of their studies, students will have a balanced written and oral level. The estimated 5 hours of homework per week for intensive classes includes time spent studying and memorizing the day's classwork and time spent on the homework assignment given by the teacher. Homework is an essential for fast improvement and is an integral part of the learning process.
Homestay (Ages 16+)
The school has developed its own network of host families. All have been carefully selected for their reliability, the excellent care they provide and the comfort of their home.
Single room, shared bathroom, breakfast
Travel time to our partner school: 20-45 minutes. All families live within zone 1-2 of the metro network.
- Half-board (breakfast + 5 dinners a week)
- Bed linen/towels provided
- Laundry: your host family will let you use their laundry facilities once a week or will show you where to find the nearest launderette & dry cleaner.
Residence (Ages 18+)
- Single room
- Shared bathroom or shower in the room (depends on availability at time of booking)
- Half-board: breakfast and dinner offered (exchangeable for 1 take-away meal at lunch or dinner)
- Travel time to school: about 30 minutes by public transport
- Location: in the 14th arrondissement (Glaciaire metro stop)
Facilities and services:
- 1 meal per day
- Reception open 24h/24, personal collection upon arrival
- Bar, self-service breakfasts, lunches or dinners
- Exhibitions, concerts & entertainment
- Secured access
- Musical instruments ready to be used
- Tourist information
- Services (mini-shops, laundry room...)
- The residence is cleaned on a daily basis
- Towels and sheets provided
Please note : shared rooms are only available to those aged 18-30 and for a maximum of 6 nights. There are no age restrictions for other types of room).
Obligatory tourist taxes must be handled on site
Dates & Prices 2020
Course start dates: most courses start every Monday, except in the cases mentioned below. In case the Monday is a bank holiday, the course will start on Tuesday.
Start dates for beginners: 13/01, 02/03, 06/04, 18/05, 29/06, 20/07, 10/08, 31/08, 05/10, 16/11
Bank holidays and holidays: from 21/12/19 to 5/01/2020, 13/04, 01/05, 08/05, 21/05, 01/06, 14/07, 11/11, and from 19/12/2020 to 03/01/2021
All taxes and enrolment fees includedBook now
|Lessons, accommodation in a host family, single room, breakfast included|
|Duration||Semi-intensive 20L||Intensive 26L||Combined 20L + 4||Combined 20L + 10|
|Long-term course package & accommodation in a host family, single room, breakfast included|
|Duration||Semi-intensive 20L||Intensive 26L|
|Accommodation extras per week|
|Host family - half board (5 dinners per week)||70|
|Residence - off-peak season (single room, half board)||315|
|Residence - peak season* (single room, half board)||355|
|*From 24/02 to 24/07 and from 24/08 to 23/10|
|From Charles de Gaulle or Orly airport (one-way trip)||90|
|From Charles de Gaulle or Orly airport (round trip)||160|
- Your chosen course
- Single room, homestay, breakfast
- Course materials
- Attendance Certificate
- All taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel to Paris and airport/railway station transfers
- Deposit if staying in the residence (€0.83/day, to be paid upon arrival)
- Visa fees
- Optional insurance
Arrivals: Sunday Departures: Saturday
Arrival airports and stations :
- Airports : Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG), Paris Orly (ORY)
- Gare du Nord : Thalys & Eurostar arrivals
Airport transfers available on request (fees apply, see 'Dates & Prices' tab)
Please note: Do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course (about 4 days after deposit payment).
Parental authorisation is required for students under the age of 18.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
Please do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.