Stay with your own individual teacher
Staying with your own personal tutor is a way of learning that goes above and beyond normal lessons: Learning reaches into daily life, meal times, free time etc. You are totally immersed in the target language, thanks to the individual attention from your teacher who will help you make quick progress both during lessons and throughout the day.
If you are looking to concentrate on a specific area, prepare for a particular exam, practise a sport, explore the region or take part on various activities, you have the possibility to choose one of the aforementioned options.
We work with numerous teachers, which enables us to find suitable families for all types of students: younger students, adults, professionals or mature students.
All of our teachers are experienced and qualified for these particular types of programmes. They are used to giving individual lessons and offer high quality accommodation. They are also chosen for the warm welcome that they offer to students.
Advantages of Total Immersion programmes
- Constant contact with the target language
As you are the only student with your teacher and you do not have contact with other foreign students, you do not have the opportunity to speak your native language. This type of stay is without a doubt the best way to make quick progress in your target language.
The intensity of the lessons and the immersion aspect require an effort from the participant, who must show real motivation. The results thus depend on the effort that the student makes: Feedback from past students are systematically very positive, no matter which language or destination.
- Experience and qualified teachers
All of our teachers are experienced and posses the necessary qualifications. They have had specialised training and offer an excellent standard of accommodation. Moreover, they are supported by a team of academic directors who organise training sessions and manage the educational material. The directors may be contacted during the stay if required.
- High quality programme
We carefully select your teacher and their family depending on your age, profile and your motivation, so that the programme is perfectly adapted to your aims. If you request it or if you leave us the choice, we can generally place your child with families who have children of a similar age. You can also send us specific details which we will try and adhere to, such as special diets, a non smoking family, located in the city centre etc.
The families are very sociable which guarantees interesting and enriching encounters, and of course progress in the chosen language.
Programmes adapted to all students
- Numerous young students take part in these types of programmes, because supervision is guaranteed with experienced families. The appropriateness of the programme depends a lot on the personality of the student. We offer a "cocooning" option, which is compulsory for students under 15 and advised for minors. This option guarantees 24 hours adult supervision.
- Students can take part in this type of experience to prepare for exams, catch up in the case of academic difficulty or a change in direction, get a head start in their programme or prepare for a longer stay abroad - all while having an optimal supervision. The appropriateness of the programme depends a lot on the personality of the student.
- Adults (professionals, mature students, etc) often appreciate the quick results that this programme offers. Whether they are seeking to avoid courses with younger students or have specific professional objectives, this motivating programme is an ideal solution.
- Multiple members of the same family or friends who wish to stay together can stay with a teacher who has a sufficiently large house. If two people, with similar levels, wish to take courses together, they can do so with a reduction of 20%.
- Language and Activities
This option enables students to choose 10 or 15 hours of lessons combined with 5 or 10 hours of activities per week. The programme of activities will be established on arrival with the teacher, depending on interests and local facilities. This allows for a more active programme which is often very popular with younger students.
Students can choose from 10 hours of lessons + 5 or 10 hours of activities or 15 hours of lessons + 10 hours of activities.
- Language and Sports Programme
This programme includes 10 hours of language lessons per week, accommodation on full-board and 3 sessions of an athletic activity (unless otherwise indicated) with entry fees and transport to the activity.
- Golf: 2 sessions (of 2 hours) in Dublin or Limerick. It includes club and ball rental, green fees, individual lessons (about one hour per session if students cannot integrate into longer group sessions) and practice, as well as transport to and from the golf course.
- Horse Riding: in Cork, Dublin, Galway or Limerick. This includes private lessons (about one hour per session if students cannot join longer group sessions) and transport to and from stables.
- River Fishing: 2 sessions (2 hours each) in Cork.
- Deep Sea Fishing: One full day at sea in Cork.
- Fly Fishing: 2 sessions (of 2 hours) in Limerick.
- Tennis: in Cork, Limerick and Dublin. It includes private lessons (about one hour per session if students cannot join longer group sessions) and transport to and from the tennis club.
- Rugby: For students aged 13+, at the famous Munster club in Limerick.
- Sailing: in Dublin.
- Basketball: in Dublin.
Badminton: in Dublin.
- Language and Culture
This option includes 10 hours of language lessons per week, accommodation on full-board, activities described below, entrance fees and travel to all activities.
- Dublin 1: 3 visits from the following choices: The ruins of Glenalough Abbey, the Newgrange Passage Tomb in Boyne Valley, Trinity College and the Book of Kells, Dublin Castle and Cathedral, a city bus tour, National Gallery of Art or the History Museum.
- Dublin 2: 3 visit from the following choices: Writers' Museum, see a play, tour of literary bars (18+), attend a poetry reading, Marsh library, Joyce Museum and the House of the Dead (where famous writers lived, such as Oscar Wilde, Swift Shaw, James Joyce, Beckett, Bram Stoker).
- Cork: Centre Cork Goal Heritage and Radio Museum, Blarney Castle, Lewis Glucksman gallery.
- Limerick: King John's Castle, Bunratty Castle & Folk Park, Hunt Museum and Thomond Park Museum.
Galway: Visit of Clonmacnoise, Birr Castle and Thoor Ballylee.
- Language and Leisure
The language and leisure programme includes 10 hours of language lessons per week, accommodation on full-board, activities described below, entrance fees and transport to all activities.
- Shopping - Cork 1: Old English market and the artisan centre in Blarney.
- Irish Dancing - Cork 2: Discover and practise Irish dance.
- Cookery - Cork 3: 5 hours of traditional Irish cooking lessons.
- Scary Tour - Dublin 1: Ghost bus, Gravedigger Ghost tour, Historic walk through haunted Dublin, Wicklow Gaol.
- Traditional Irish music and dance - Dublin 2: For students over the age of 18, trip round traditional Irish bars, the Irish House Party, Ceili Dancing at Culturlann.
- Cookery - Dublin 3: Traditional cuisine or baking.
- Irish dance - Limerick.
- Exam Preparation or Specialised Vocabulary
Your teacher will create a lesson plan that is designed to prepare you for exams or allow you to acquire specific vocabulary for a specialised field. Speciality areas include medicine, engineering, law, information technology, architecture, tourism and many more.
Please note that this option prepares students for exams but is not held responsible for undesirable scores.
Guarantees the constant presence of the professor or an adult member of their family while the student is present. This option is required for students under 15 and recommended for students under 18.
- Five Star: Luxury Stays
This programme is designed especially for business professionals or people who are accustomed to a high standard of living and wish to take their courses in comfort. The programme includes private bath, high quality accommodation and meals and greater personal attention for the student.
Supplement: 100% of the standard programme price.
- Junior VIP
This programme is designed for juniors used to a high standard of living and who want more comfort. It includes a private bathroom, accommodation and meals of superior quality, the option cocooning and a cultural visit per week.
Supplement: 100% of the standard programme price.
- Shared Stays
Friends or family members may take lessons together on the condition that they have a comparable language level and that they wish to stay during the same dates.
A 20% discount is given to each student.
- Christmas Programme
Programmes may also be scheduled during Christmas. A supplement will apply to stays that include the 24th, 25th or 26th of December, the 31st of December or the 1st of January.
Prices & Dates
Programmes run from Sunday to Sunday, all year round.
All taxes and registration fees included.Book Now
|Language and Sport Programme (price per week)|
|Golf||1,485 €||-||1,410 €||-|
|Horse Riding||1,495 €||1,260 €||1,120 €||1,090 €|
|River Fishing||-||1,230 €||-||-|
|Deep Sea Fishing||-||1,160 €||-||-|
|Fly Fishing||-||-||1,210 €||-|
|Tennis||1,450 €||1,290 €||1,150 €||-|
|Rugby (+ 13yrs)||-||-||1,450 €||-|
|Language and Culture Programme (price per week)|
|Dublin 1||1,340 €|
|Dublin 2||1,375 €|
|Cork 1 - Shopping||1,030 €|
|Cork 2 - Cookery||1,105 €|
|Cork 3 - Cookery||1,130 €|
|Dublin 1 - Scary Tour||1,395 €|
|Dublin 2 - Music & traditional Irish dance||1,395 €|
|Dublin 3 - Cookery||1,255 €|
|Limerick - Irish dance||1,140 €|
Prices are detailed in the table above.
- Accommodation in a private room from Sunday to Sunday (7 nights)
- Full board with your teacher (3 meals a day)
- The programme of choice, books and the use of all academic material.
- Initial diagnostic exam and certificate of participation
- The assistance of the regional coordinator
- All administrative fees
- For the Language and Activities program, 10 or 15 hours of courses plus 5 or 10 hours of activities (transportation and entry fees included)
- Transport from the airport or train station to the family
- Any extra nights in accommodation
- The options outlined above (exam preparation, specialized vocabulary, cocooning, or five stars)
- Extra fee during the winter holidays for stays including the 24th, 25th, 26th or 31th of December, or the 1st of January
- If two students of the same level wish to participate in a programme together, each will receive a reduction of 20%
- If a person wishes to accompany a student and share accommodation and board without classes, they will receive a 20% discount on the 10-hour rate.