Canada is the second largest country in the world, and has a remarkable amount of geographical diversity. Most importantly, it's a destination full of advantages and opportunities.
- Quality and standards of living are among the highest in the world
- Renowned education system that is compatible with our European systems
- Warm and welcoming people and sense of hospitality
- Incredible amount of culture
- Beautiful area and stunning environment
Alberta is one of the central Canadian provinces, and the richest in the entire country with numerous rivers and lakes, perfect for a wide range of water sports. The capital city, Edmonton, is known for having the biggest shopping mall in North America. Apart from a multitude of different shops, it boasts a theme park, a water park, an artificial lake, an ice rink and even a cinema.
300km away from this you will find the natural and lush green area of Calgary, which is the biggest city in Alberta despite not being the capital.
Canadian Education System
Canadian children study for a minimum of 12 years (Primary school + Secondary school). This programme offers international students the chance to study at a local high school. Junior high school covers the first 3 years of secondary school (7th - 9th grade), while these high schools cover the last four years of secondary studies (from grades 9 - 12).
The Canadian academic year is divided into two semesters. In many Canadian schools, the choice of subjects is vast. This is a unique chance to discover new subjects, or to progress in an area you already know.
Your choice will also be important for all cultural, sportive, and social activities. This school will be a unique chance to explore unknown subjects and activities, and will also be that dream opportunity to dive into Canadian life and get to know local people of your age.
This programme is available to students aged between 12-19 years old who are motivated and looking to plunge into Canadian culture as well as discovering a different school system.
This programme allows students to study for 4 to 16 weeks in a Canadian High School, in a country whose education system is one of the best in the world while being a part of daily life with your host family or in student residences with those of your own age.
Even though their accent is similar to their American neighbours, the Canadian mentality is closer to the European one in many aspects. Canadians are well-known for their hospitality, tolerance and openness.
This programme allows students to choose the school where they would most like to study. Once they have chosen, our local partner will check availabilities in the chosen school.
Students can choose around 4 to 5 subjects, out of the those offered by a particular school (each school has its own list).
An overview of the proposed subjects: Business, Science, Tourism, Technology, Arts, Psychology, Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry, Sports etc.
If your level of English is not quite high enough to be able to follow academic classes as soon as you arrive, you will be invited to participate in English language classes in addition to, or instead of your academic classes.
The district of Golden Hills, located 30 minutes away from Calgary, is composed of a network of our partner schools near Calgary. Students will be placed in one of these. It is our partner who chooses where the student ends up, according to availability and stated preferences.
Strathmore: This community is situated east of Calgary and can house 11,000 people. It has many cultural and sports facilities: parks, golf courses, cultural centres, churches...
Students in grade 9 can be placed in Crowther Memorial College, which takes on 700 students and is reputed for its arts and sports.
Students in grades 10 to 12 are placed in Strathmore High School, which hosts 750 students and offers photography, business, web-design lessons, foreign language classes and a strong art programme. It also has an indoor swimming pool and particularly good sport programme.
Drumheller: This 10,000-strong community is about an hour and a half away from Calgary, and has a particularly striking geography full of canyons, ravines, and other rocky formations. The Royal Tyrrell museum and the numerous paleontologists who work there present an incredible opportunity to learn more about dinosaurs. However, Brumheller is everything but a town which has been stuck in the past: it boasts numerous parks, sport complexes, golf courts and other recreational places. Students in grades 7 to 12 would go to school in Drumheller Valley, which offers high-quality programmes of general and technological education as well as a wide choice of artistic and sport subjects.
Rural areas : It is also possible to enrol in other secondary schools in the region of Calgary as the Golden Hills district covers a large geographical area. A school located is a rural area will be smaller which will facilitate the student's integration and will make the experience even more memorable. Including:
- Tree Hills School: welcomes 500 students from nursery right up to grade 12, in a warm atmosphere and with high-quality programmes of general and technological education. The school is known for its numerous art and music as well as sport programmes.
This programme allows you to choose between a host family or residence accommodation.
- Host family
Your host family is the defining feature of your study abroad experience, helping you become fully accustomed to the culture and feel part of the local community.
Canadians are famous for their hospitality, tolerance and openness.
Our partner organization's host families are carefully screened and regularly inspected. Families take an active interest in choosing a student to host and sharing their homes, lives and culture with their guests.
The host family will be keen to share the Canadian way of life and customs with you.
Residences are available to students across three districts: Drumheller, Strathmore, and Three Hills. They are secure 24/7, and the staff looking after the students can also be used for academic and psychological support.
Students have the benefit of full board, and stay in a shared room with another student of the same gender. They have access to the laundry facilities, computers, a small equipped kitchen for snacks and a small exercise room.
The organisers offer numerous activities for the students in the evenings and weekends. Tutors are also present to help them with their academic studies or English lessons.
The local coordinator
The local coordinator is an experienced member of staff who is well acquainted with the host families, and is in regular contact with the students and their host parents throughout the entirety of the programme. They regularly organize meetings to ensure that your experience is going smoothly, both with your host family and at school. Your local coordinator is on hand to give assistance in case of any issues, and should be your first point of contact on the ground.
Our partner organization's local coordinators are all experienced and fully qualified to assist international students on the ground, offering support and assistance quickly and efficiently should any issues arise.
An emergency number will be given to you should you have any urgent problems.
Tarifs & dates 2018-2019
Dates 2018 - 2019
Stays of 4 to 16 weeks La date d'arrivée doit de préférence correspondre au début d'un semestre, pour que l'intégration se fasse le mieux possible.
- Année académique : septembre à juin
- Semestre académique : septembre à fin janvier ou février à juin
All taxes and enrolment fees includedClick here to register
|Course, stay in a host family & full board|
|Refundable deposit - pay upon arrival||195 €|
Prices include :
- English language test and preliminary interview
- All the required documents needed in order to obtain a visa
- Enrolment fees for registration at the high school
- Supervision, personal assistance and guidance by a local coordinator throughout the entire programme
- Complete accommodation with full board
- Medical insurance
- Assistance for parents in Europe throughout the students' stay
- Regular contact and evaluation reports
- Official attestation of classes taken and grades achieved
- Return transfer from the airport to the area of residence
Prices do not include :
- The return journey to Alberta
- Excursions and outings
- Transfers and travel to get to school
- Pocket money
- Visa fees (for stays over 6 months long)
- Fees if you change accommodation (CA $100)
- Exam fees if you are taking final year exams (CA$55 per exam)
- Travel insurance
- Cancellation insurance
For stays of 1 term, 1 semester or 1 full academic year, cf. Academic year abroad
Tarifs & dates 2019-2020
Dates 2019 - 2020
Stays of 4 to 16 weeks. La date d'arrivée doit de préférence correspondre au début d'un semestre, pour que l'intégration se fasse le mieux possible.
- Année académique : 03/09/2019 au 26/06/2020
- Semestre académique : 03/09/2019 au 30/01/2020 ou 03/02/2019 au 26/06/2019
Nos tarifs comprennent :
- Test de niveau d’anglais et entretien préalable à la candidature
- Tous les documents nécessaires à l’obtention du visa
- Les formalités d’inscription en High School
- La supervision durant tout le séjour par le correspondant local
- Le logement selon formule choisie en pension complète
- L’assistance personnelle, le soutien et les conseils de notre correspondant local
- L’assurance médicale
- L’assistance aux parents en Europe pendant tout le séjour
- Contacts et rapports d’évaluation réguliers
- Attestation officielle de participation avec relevé des notes des cours
- Transfert aller-retour de l’aéroport jusqu’au lieu de résidence
Nos tarifs ne comprennent pas :
- Le voyage aller/retour vers l'Alberta
- Les excursions et sorties éventuelles
- Les transferts et déplacements sur place pour se rendre à l'école
- L’argent de poche
- Les frais de visa éventuels (pour séjours de plus de 6 mois)
- Les frais de changement de logement si demandé (CA$100)
- Les frais d'examen de dernière année, dans le cas où ils sont passés (CA$55 par examen)
- L'assurance voyage
- La garantie annulation
Séjours d'un trimestre, d'un semestre ou d'une année scolaire, cf. Année scolaire à l'étranger
Conditions de participation
- avoir entre 12 et 19 ans
- avoir obtenu de bons résultats scolaires au cours des deux dernières années
- avoir un niveau correct en anglais (deux années d'études minimum)
- Faire preuve de motivation, de maturité, d’adaptabilité et d'ouverture d'esprit qui sont les véritables clefs de la réussite du séjour
- S’inscrire au moins 3 mois à l’avance
Tu remplis les conditions de participation ? Remplis au plus vite le formulaire de pré-inscription. Tu recevras alors une confirmation provisoire, ainsi qu’un dossier à compléter. Si ton dossier est satisfaisant, nous t'inviterons à confirmer ton inscription via le versement d'un acompte de 750 €.
Dates limites d'inscription :
- Au moins 3 mois avant la date de départ
Au delà de ces dates, il est encore possible de s'inscrire selon les disponibilités des écoles.
Pour tout dossier devant être traité en urgence (après la date limite d'inscription), un supplément de 200€ sera demandé.
Nous contacter pour plus d'informations sur les modalités d'inscription.
Les candidats qui ne répondent pas aux conditions d’âge ou de niveau sont invités à nous rencontrer pour discuter des autres options possibles.
Pour les séjours d’une durée inférieure à 6 mois, tu auras simplement besoin de compléter une autorisation de voyager "ETA" (Electronic Travel Authorization) que tu pourras remplir directement sur le site : http://www.cic.gc.ca/francais/visiter/ave-commencer.asp Ces informations sont valables pour les ressortissants de l'Union européenne, uniquement. Pour les non-ressortissants de l'U.e., veuillez consulter http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/
Une assurance médicale est comprise dans les frais de séjour.