Venice, nicknamed the "City of bridges", is the capital of Venetia, in the north east of Italy. When you hear the name Venice, you think of the famous gondolas navigating the canals across the city, St Mark's square and its famous carnival.
The restaurants, taverns and wine bars are plentiful in the city centre, and for the night life there are casinos, bars, cafés and outdoor clubs, where you will need to take the Vaporetto (Venice's special boat).
In the city centre there is always something to do. Street theatres, musicians, instrumentalists on boats, there is something for everyone.
Our partner school is located in the historic centre of Venice at the "Campo Santa Margherita." It's a meeting place that combines shopping in the beautiful shops of the area and the terrace to chat and relax.
Accreditations: officially recognised by the Italian Ministry of Education and certified by the CSN (swedish government).
School facilities include:
- WiFi connection
- A well equipped study hall
- A large collection of films accessible during school opening hours
- A large terrace
Activities and events during your stay
You will enjoy a varied calendar of social and leisure activities every week, in the afternoon or during the evening. Attendance is optional. Many of these activities are free of charge, however, some may charge a fee. All activities are subject to change without notice and may be offered seasonally.
Some of the many activities available include:
- Guided tours
- Food tours and tastings
- Day trips to Padua, Treviso, Verona, Riviera del Brenta Villas etc.
Italian language courses: the basics
- Lesson length: 55 minutes
- Class size: Maximum 12 students, 10 on average
- Schedule: morning and/or afternoon lessons
- Placement test: first day of lessons
- Certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- Qualified native Italian teachers
Courses on offer
Standard course: 20 lessons per week
With this programme you will have classes from 09:00 - 13:00 or from 16:30 - 20:30. You will develop the 4 basic skills of language learning: written expression, oral expression, reading comprehension and oral comprehension.
Language level: A1, B1, B2 & C1
Standard Budget course: 20 lessons per week on specific dates only (please see Dates & Prices tab).
This programme is the same as the standard programme, but starts at the end of the day from 16:30 - 20:30.
Combined course: 20 lessons per week + 5 or 10 individual lessons
In addition to the standard 20 lessons, you will have 5 or 10 individual lessons each week during the afternoon. This course is an ideal combination if you want to use your stay to make rapid progress in a short space of time. Individual classes let students identify and work on their individual needs and interests or to build on the morning lessons.
Private lessons: 20, 30 or 40 lessons a week
This course starts on every day of the year. This programme is very flexible, as you are able to choose the intensity, content and length of the programme to suit your needs. This is ideal if you wish yo make rapid progress over a short length of time or if you have other obligations that make it hard for you to fit language classes into your daily life.
Italian and Art: 15 lessons a week
Duration: 1 or 2 weeks
This is available to those of an intermediate level, and is perfect for those wishing to learn specific vocabulary and enrich their artistic and cultural knowledge. It includes guided tours of the city for you to discover the masterful artistic pieces all over Venice accompanied with breathtaking Venetian architecture. All entry fees on these guided tours are included in the programme price.
Language level: Intermediate (B1)
Single room, shared bathroom, self catering.
Homestays may be a single working professional and usually host families do not have children.
Travel time to school: Host families live in the historical center, 15 minutes from the school by foot
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Laundry: your host family will let you use their laundry facilities once a week or let you know their laundry day
- No meals are included but, depending on availability, you may have the possibility of using the kitchen to prepare your meals
- Internet: some families will give you access to their internet (WiFi or cable) but this is not guaranteed
- Double room available but only for two students who are travelling together
- Individual room*
- Toilet and bathroom in each room
- No meals included
- Distance from school: 30 minutes away
- Located in the centre of Venice
- Capacity: 25 single and double rooms
- Common kitchen
- Lounge area with a TV
- Laundry facilities (€1 per wash, €1 for drying)
- Bed linen provided
- Wifi: included in the price of the room
- Cleaning takes place once a week but students are responsible for keeping areas clean and tidy at all times
*Double room only available for students travelling together
Prices & Dates 2019
Course start dates: Most courses start every Monday year-round (exceptions are outlined below.) On Bank Holiday Mondays, lessons start on Tuesdays.
Course start dates for the Budget course: every Monday from 13/05/2019 to 06/09/2019
Course start dates for complete beginners for standard and combined courses: 07/01, 04/02, 04/03, 01/04, 29/04, 27/05, 24/06, 22/07, 19/08, 16/06, 14/10, 11/11, 09/12.
Art course start dates: every Monday from 18/03/2019 au 08/11/2019
Bank holidays and holidays (No lessons will take place on these dates and they will not be rescheduled or refunded): 22/04, 01/05, 15/08, 01/11.
All taxes and enrolment fees includedApply
|Course & host family accommodation, single room, self-catering|
|Duration||Budget 20L||Standard 20L||Combined 20+5L||Combined 20+10L|
|Optional extras (price per week)|
|Half board with a host family||175|
|Accommodation in a residence, single room, no meals included||100|
|Private lessons (per lesson, minimum of 5 weeks)||50|
|Marco Polo airport or Santa Lucia station (per journey)||55|
|Transfer during the evening (between 23:00 and 08:00)||25|
|Extra for each hour you are running late after your agreed arrival time (price per hour)||10|
- Your chosen course
- Your chosen accommodation
- Course materials
- All taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Travel to/from Venice
- Airport transfers
- All meals
- Local transportation
- Residence deposit (to be paid upon arrival)
- Exam fees, where applicable
- Optional insurances
Departures: Saturday (before 10:00 if in residence)
- Marco Polo of Venise (VCE) airport: around 25 minutes by bus
- Santa Lucia train station
Airport transfers available on request (fees apply, see "Dates and Prices" tab)
Please note: Do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course (about 4 working days after your deposit payment).
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.