Sprawled between the beaches of the Mediterranean and the mountains of Montjuïc, Barcelona, Spain's second largest city and capital of the Autonomous Community of Catalonia, boasts unparalleled architectural beauty, sandy beaches and mountains all around. Visitors encounter its pristine and almost entirely intact historic Gothic centre between the maze of narrow cobblestone streets and the grid-like layout of the L'Eixample neighbourhood, the urban planning "Enlargement" project that began towards the end of the 19th century.
Bacelona's magnificent beaches, cultural and social life, arts scene and convivial atmosphere draw over 5,000 international students and millions of visitors each year to its shores. There really is something for every one in this vibrant coastal city.
Enforex School, Barcelona
Enforex Barcelona is located only a 5 minute walk from Las Ramblas, one of the most emblematic boulevards of Spain. In the heart of Barcelona, the school is located in a magnificent, 100-year-old building that has been fully renovated and restored to meet the needs of a modern institution.
School facilities include:
- 50 fully-equipped classrooms with the most up-to-date audio-visual equipment
- A large common room with refreshments and coffee machine
- A study hall equipped with Internet access
- Wifi in the whole building
- A reading room and a well-equipped literature library and video library
- A 1500m² terrace and the solarium available all year round
- The conference room, welcoming up to 160 people
- The building has a lift for the mobility-impaired students
Activities and events during your stay
You will enjoy a varied calendar of social and leisure activities every week, in the afternoon or during the evening. Attendance is optional. Many of these activities are free of charge, however, some may charge a fee. All activities are subject to change without notice and may be offered seasonally.
Some of the many activities available include:
- Guided walking tours of Barcelona by theme or by area: Roman Barcelona, Medieval Barcelona, Modernist Barcelona, Montjuic Castle
- Picasso Museum
- Sagrada Familia
- Park Güell
- Weekend trips: Sitges, Dalí Museum of Figueras, Poblet, Vic, Tarragona, Montserrat Mountain, Núria Valley, Tortosa, Girona, Sant Cugat, Madrid, Valencia
Spanish language courses: the basics
- Lesson length: 55 minutes
- Class size: average 5 students (10 maximum)
- Schedule: 80% of the general Spanish lessons take place in the morning from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, Monday to Friday
- Courses begin every Monday
- Certificate of completion at the end of the course
- Free access to the online learning platform
Courses on offer
General Spanish lessons
- Standard - 20 lessons: 20 Spanish group lessons per week.
- Intensive - 25 lessons: 20 Spanish group lessons + 5 cultural workshops per week
- Super-intensive - 30 lessons: 20 Spanish group lessons + 5 cultural workshops + 5 private or semi-private (2 students) lessons per week.
Levels : beginner to advanced
DELE Exam Preparation
The 20 lessons per week of this programme are a preparation for the DELE exams (Spanish as a foreign language diploma). There are 3 different Spanish levels all recognised by the Instituto Cervantes. This diploma represents a major asset for students wishing to attend a spanish university or to find work in a Spanish speaking country. Schools offer four week sessions to prepare for the basic, intermediate or advanced exams. The exam dates and prices are established by Instituto Cervantes. Please check the "Dates & Prices" tab.
Group programme + 5 or 10 private lessons per week. Students benefit from one-on-one teaching and a personalized lesson plan. The fastest and most efficient way to improve rapidly.
A strong understanding of Spanish culture is essential to communication in the language. Our afternoon cultural workshops are not only intended to serve as opportunities for students to practice their Spanish, but also as ways to learn the basics of Spanish history, art, and mass communication.
- Spanish Radio: Students produce their own radio program based on national and international newscasts. The class requires students to listen to, collect and summarize information from Spanish broadcast media.
- Press Workshop: Students produce their own newspaper/magazine based on news, cultural events, and popular traditions. The class requires students to conduct research in Spanish print media as well as to interview locals.
- Drama Workshop: Students learn and perform extracts from well-known Spanish plays. In addition to the obvious cultural education that this workshop provides, it also aids students in learning to express themselves quickly with idiomatic terms.
- History, Literature, & Art: Students learn to analyse some of Spain’s most famous writers and artists who reflect Spanish history. Students will also discover Spanish customs, gastronomy, and popular events.
Accommodation is available from the Sunday before lessons start to the Saturday midday following the end of lessons.
Shared room, shared bathroom, half-board
Travel time to our partner school: 20-30 minutes away by foot or by transport
- Single room
- Private bathroom
- Bed linen and blankets provided
- Most host families have WiFi connection but this can be guaranteed at extra cost (see prices table)
- Laundry: your host family will let you use their laundry facilities once a week or let you know their laundry day
Student residences offer dormitory-style living for students who would like to have a more independent lifestyle. Students who choose this option have the opportunity to live side-by-side with Spanish people (during the year) or people from all over the world (during the summer).
The residence hall is located in the center of town and is about 20 - 30 minutes on foot from Enforex. Students have double rooms and breakfast. However, single rooms, half or full-board and private bathroom are options available (first come first served basis). Please note students do not have access to a kitchen. Otherwise toilets and showers are shared. Bedding and a cleaning service for common areas is provided. There is a deposit of €150 payable by cash or credit upon arrival.
This option also allows students to live with international students in a friendly atmosphere. Apartments are entirely furnished and equipped: students can cook their own meals in the kitchen, complete with a microwave, pots and pans, utensils, etc.
Apartments are made up of 3 to 6 rooms (singles, doubles, and triples) and include all comforts needed to ensure a pleasant stay: fully-equipped kitchen, TV, washing machine, bathroom etc. Bedding is provided and amenities (water, heat, electricity) are included. It is possible to request a private bathroom at an extra charge.
A deposit of 150€ is required (cash or credit card) to obtain the keys. There is a weekly cleaning service for common areas. Apartments are located in close proximity to shops and restaurants.
Dates & Prices 2017
Course start dates
Most courses start every Monday year-round (exceptions are outlined below.) On public holiday Mondays, lessons start on Tuesdays.
Bank holidays and holidays: 01/1, 06/1, 12/02, 28/03, 14/4, 16/04, 01/5, 24/6, 15/8, 24/9, 12/10, 01/11, 08/12, 25/12, 26/12/2017, 01/01/2018
Note: Lessons missed due to national or local holidays will not be made up or refunded.
DELE exam preparation course start dates (2 or 4 weeks courses):
- 4/04 (exam 15-04; A1-C1 levels)
- 9/05 (exam 21/05; A1-C2 levels)
- 4/07 (exam 15/07; A2-C1 levels)
- 10/10 (exam 21/10; A2-B2 levels)
- 14/11 (exam 25/11 or 26/11; A2-C2 levels)
- 21/03 (exam 15/04; A1-C1 levels)
- 25/04 (exam 21/05; A1-C2 levels)
- 20/06 (exam 15/07; A2-C1 levels)
- 26/09 (exam 21/10; A2-B2 levels)
- 31/10 (exam 25/11 or 26/11; A2-C2 levels)
Students should enrol for DELE preparation courses at least 10 weeks in advance.
All taxes and enrolment fees includedBook now
|Course: 20 language lessons & shared room accommodation|
|Duration||Appartement, self-catering||Host family, half board||Residence, breakfast|
|1 week||395 €||465 €||475 €|
|2 weeks||690 €||830 €||850 €|
|3 weeks||980 €||1,190 €||1,220 €|
|4 weeks||1,275 €||1,555 €||1,595 €|
|6 weeks||1,800 €||2,220 €||2,280 €|
|8 weeks||2,365 €||2,925 €||3,005 €|
|12 weeks||3,500 €||4,340 €||4,460 €|
|16 weeks||4,470 €||5,590 €||5,750 €|
|18 weeks||4,925 €||6,185 €||6,365 €|
|20 weeks||5,460 €||6,860 €||7,060 €|
|24 weeks||6,535 €||8,215 €||8,455 €|
|32 weeks||8,680 €||10,920 €||11,240 €|
|36 weeks||9,390 €||11,910 €||12,270 €|
|Extra week||270 €||340 €||350 €|
|Course supplements - per week|
|Intensive course (20+5)||40 €|
|Super intensive (20+5+5)||200 €|
|Individual classes (5)||210 €|
|Individual classes (10)||385 €|
|Supplements for DELE preparation|
|Type of preparation (20 classes)||2 weeks||4 weeks|
|All levels||180 €||320 €|
|Accommodation supplements - per week|
|Type of accommodation||Appartement||Host family||Residence|
|Single room||65 €||30 €||70 €|
|Half board||-||-||50 €|
|Full board||-||50 €||80 €|
|Private bathroom||65 €||45 €||45 €|
|Extra night||50 €||50 €||50 €|
|Wi-Fi (per month)||-||10 €||-|
|Transfers - each way|
|From Barcelona Airport, Barcelona train & bus station||85 €|
|From Gerona airport, Gerona train & bus station||225 €|
|From Reus airport, Reus train & bus station||225 €|
|Course only - enrolment fee: 100 euros|
|1 week||170 €|
|2 weeks||335 €|
|3 weeks||500 €|
|4 weeks||670 €|
|6 weeks||940 €|
|8 weeks||1,250 €|
|12 weeks||1,850 €|
|16 weeks||2,305 €|
|18 weeks||2,595 €|
|20 weeks||2,880 €|
|24 weeks||3,460 €|
|32 weeks||4,610 €|
|36 weeks||4,825 €|
|Extra week||135 €|
- Your chosen course
- Homestay, residence or flatshare accommodation
- Board as described
- Course materials and 1st textbook
- All taxes and enrolment fees
Prices do not include:
- Transport to Barcelona
- Airport transfers
- Optional extras
- Transportation in and around Barcelona
- Deposit on arrival, where applicable
- Exam fees, where applicable
- Visa fees
- Optional insurance
Barcelona or Girona Aiports
Airport transfers available on request (fees apply, see Dates & Prices tab)
Please note: Do not make travel arrangements until we have confirmed your enrolment in your chosen course.
You might need a visa for this course. For more information please visit our Visa Information page.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you require any additional information.